Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posada may be headed for DL

Posada may be headed for DL

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

Trouble is mounting for the Yankees. Jorge Posada will have an MRI here tomorrow and could be headed for the disabled list with a sore right shoulder.

“Dead,” Posada said when asked his shoulder felt.

Talks will be held tonight and don’t be surprised if Chad Moeller is on the roster tomorrow. Otherwise the Yankees will have Jose Molina behind the plate with Morgan Ensberg backing him up.

That would explain his horrible throws to second today. Never good to have Jeter and Posada out of the lineup at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    what did they sign this guy to?

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    what did they sign this guy to?

4 year, $52.4 million, but it would be foolish to think re-signing him was a mistake, and if you do, who would you have replaced with? Paul Lo Duca?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Never good to have Jeter and Posada out of the lineup at the same time.
    Yanks* are falling apart.

4 year, $52.4 million, but it would be foolish to think re-signing him was a mistake, and if you do, who would you have replaced with? Paul Lo Duca?
    It's not foolish to think that giving a 36 year old catcher that kind of money is a mistake. That kind of contract if it doesnt work out can handcuff a team for years. If he's not worth it then it's a mistake, regardless of the replacement. Paul Lo Duca, for example, might take his 5 million for 1 year, but hes completely off the books after the year. But out of the (pure) Free Agents, Kendall probably would have been my preference in hindsight though.

I just think that one DL stint in the first month of that contract is a rediculous reason to give for it being a mistake. He could easily be fine in a month and back to his normal ways. This isn't necessairily proof that giving Posada such a deal was a mistake, as nobody expected it to really hurt until about the 3rd year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    It's not foolish to think that giving a 36 year old catcher that kind of money is a mistake. That kind of contract if it doesnt work out can handcuff a team for years. If he's not worth it then it's a mistake, regardless of the replacement. Paul Lo Duca, for example, might take his 5 million for 1 year, but hes completely off the books after the year. But out of the (pure) Free Agents, Kendall probably would have been my preference in hindsight though.

I just think that one DL stint in the first month of that contract is a rediculous reason to give for it being a mistake. He could easily be fine in a month and back to his normal ways. This isn't necessairily proof that giving Posada such a deal was a mistake, as nobody expected it to really hurt until about the 3rd year or so.
    Yes it can handcuff some teams for years, but not the Yankees. The contract they gave Posada isn't going to have much of an affect on the way they do business 3 or 4 years from now. I think he's still got another couple of solid catching years left in him and then he can DH or play 1st for the remaining year or two of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post

That was what I meant, and that contract won't handcuff the Yankees, like it would other teams, besides he'll probably be a DH towards the end of the contract. With Giambi off the books and hopefully Matsui (I think he'll be traded before the start of next season) he can move right into that spot.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-08-2008 at 09:16 PM.

yes, Lo Duca is looking good right now.

And you're basing this on the first week of the season? Don't be ridiculous.

Sarcasm?

Yes it can handcuff some teams for years, but not the Yankees. The contract they gave Posada isn't going to have much of an affect on the way they do business 3 or 4 years from now. I think he's still got another couple of solid catching years left in him and then he can DH or play 1st for the remaining year or two of the deal.
    yeah,all they have to do is keep selling $10 hot dogs and $20 dollar beers and raise tickets prices 30,40, 50% each year.but its not our money right?

Sarcasm?
    yes, 6 games in that's sacasm.

And you're basing this on the first week of the season? Don't be ridiculous.
    ok..i'm sorry...

yeah,all they have to do is keep selling $10 hot dogs and $20 dollar beers and raise tickets prices 30,40, 50% each year.but its not our money right?
    Okay, I've read all I need to read from you....

Next.

Well you just completely turned this thread in a different direction.

Well you just completely turned this thread in a different direction.
    sorry,mechanical failure.

Okay, I've read all I need to read from you....

Next.
    thats a copy.

sorry,mechanical failure.

wow i gotta explain it to you...ok...the turning is analogous to a car...which is a machine...anything?