Thread: El Duque back to New York for another MRI

El Duque back to New York for another MRI

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/met...e-castill.html

Orlando Hernandez’s comeback has been sidetracked by more discomfort in his right foot. He was in New York today for an MRI.

I frankly don't care if he pitches another game in a Mets uniform at this point. Bring in Claudio Vargas so we can forget about him already.

His days are over. He just can't stay healthy anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    How old do you guys think El Duque really is?

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    How old do you guys think El Duque really is?
    When Hernández signed with the Yankees in 1998, he claimed to have been born in 1969. In 1999, The Smoking Gun published his divorce decree from Cuba,[8] which had surfaced in connection with a child support case brought by his ex-wife; the decree revealed him to have been born in 1965. There has even been reports of Hernandez being born sometime between 1957 and 1961. The official site of Major League Baseball still gives his year of birth as 1969, while his pages on ESPN and Baseball-Reference.com list it as 1965.
    I tend to believe the 1965 number, which would make him 41 years old.

But the guy just cannot stay healthy and cannot be counted on to make any contributions to this team at this point. I'd much rather sign Claudio Vargas and pencil him into the fifth starter role at this point. We need the depth anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I tend to believe the 1965 number, which would make him 41 years old.

But the guy just cannot stay healthy and cannot be counted on to make any contributions to this team at this point. I'd much rather sign Claudio Vargas and pencil him into the fifth starter role at this point. We need the depth anyways.
    I don't believe that he's 41. My guess is he's in the 45-47 range.

As much as I've loved to watch Alou, El Duque and especially Pedro, this has to be their last season with the mets. No more oldies on this team, we gotta revert from these old ass players for a while because they are unreliable and a waste of time because they go out when you need them the most.

All League
    The Mets counting on El Duque for anything this year has been a serious mistake.