Thread: Jeter could be going on the DL as well and more info on Posada

Jeter could be going on the DL as well and more info on Posada

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

Alberto Gonzalez was pulled out of tonightís game for Scranton, which could mean heís headed here to replace Derek Jeter on the roster.

Jorge Posada is scheduled for an MRI tomorrow. He said it would be in Kansas City. The Yankees can have their own doctors read the results then decide what to do. He has never been on the DL in his career but seemed almost resigned to it when reporters spoke to him.

ďIím not helping the team out, itís as simple as that. Iíve got to be 100 percent to be back there and right now Iím not,Ē he said. ďIím hoping for the best but I donít know. A catcher is like a pitcher, you need your arm. If youíre an outfielder or a shortstop you can play through it but a catcher throws as much as a pitcher.Ē

Meanwhile, if Jeter goes on the DL, would you want A-Rod to play shortstop?

Hereís A-Rodís take:

ďI havenít thought about it. But whatever Joe wants I will do. I havenít taken a groundball over there in five years, not even playing around. It would definitely be a challenge. But if Joe thought that were the best combination, I will let it fly.Ē

The Yankees have faith in Wilson Betemit in the short term. But if Jeter is going to miss two weeks, you have to at least consider moving A-Rod.

Not good news. If Jeter is out for a two week period or longer, I may change my opinion on playing A-Rod at SS. I would prefer just playing Betemit at SS, but I wouldn't be as opposed to making a switch.

I'd put A-Rod there and Ensberg/Betemit at 3rd.

Hall Of Fame
    Pete Abe said they pulled Alberto Gonzales from his game in Scranton today. And inferred that the Yankees could be considering him at short for now.

I don't know, I just don't see that happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Pete Abe said they pulled Alberto Gonzales from his game in Scranton today. And inferred that the Yankees could be considering him at short for now.

I don't know, I just don't see that happening...
    That doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be the starting shortstop while Jeter's on the DL. He will probably just fill the backup role to Betemit or whomever is starting at SS for the time being.