Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McCain Does Not Care About the Lives of People?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

McCain Does Not Care About the Lives of People?

[QUOTE]"McCain was a fighter pilot, who dropped laser-guided missiles from 35,000 feet. He was long gone when they hit. What happened when they [the missiles] get to the ground? He doesn't know. You have to care about the lives of people. McCain never gets into those issues." Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-WV[/QUOTE]

Opinions?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2471700]Opinions?[/QUOTE]

Yeah he was so safe and "long-gone" after dropping his laser guided missiles that he got shot down and help captive at the Hanoi Hilton for years.

Sure, he doesn't care about life. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but laser-guided missles weren't used operationally until 1968. McCain was shot down on Oct. 26, 1967. So, I doubt he ever fired any laser-guided missles.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

That is absolutely absurd. Becuase he was a fighter pilot during a war he doesn't car about people. That statement is ridiculous.

Wouldn't that say that any veteran who fired at the enemy doesn't car about the lives of people????

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like he just basically implied that anyone serving in the military in a combat role doesn't give a s*** about other people. Is that right?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh he cares. Didn't he reject an offer to leave Vietnam let's not forget that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mavrik;2471728]Sounds like he just basically implied that anyone serving in the military in a combat role doesn't give a s*** about other people. Is that right?[/QUOTE]

Thats how i read it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mavrik;2471728]Sounds like he just basically implied that anyone serving in the military in a combat role doesn't give a s*** about other people. Is that right?[/QUOTE]

Unless your a leftist.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the guy already apologized for the statement - before this thread was started

It was obviously a foolish statement.

But I will say this much McCain is well known to have a crazy temper. I don't know if we need another hot head in charge.

[IMG]http://www.sahbasucks.com/images/mccain-angry.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When was this? The man suffered for years in a POW camp, while Obama did drugs and Hillary lied!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2471746]the guy already apologized for the statement - before this thread was started

But I will say this much McCain is well known to have a crazy temper. I don't know if we need another hot head in charge.

[IMG]http://www.sahbasucks.com/images/mccain-angry.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

A temper as opposed to the biggest Liberal ever running? I'll take my chances with Johnny Mac.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2471746]the guy already apologized for the statement - before this thread was started

[IMG]http://www.sahbasucks.com/images/mccain-angry.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

You can't just running spewing ridiculous statements especially about the military service of John McCain of all people and then turn around and issue an apology as if it makes it ok.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He doesnt care about people in general or he didnt care about the people he was dropping bombs on at the time he was doing so?

Big difference.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2471754]You can't just running spewing ridiculous statements especially about the military service of John McCain of all people and then turn around and issue an apology as if it makes it ok.[/QUOTE]

Why? Dubya accused him of fathering an illegitimate black child in 2000, then appologized. That was ok?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2471771]Why? Dubya accused him of fathering an illegitimate black child in 2000, then appologized. That was ok?[/QUOTE]

Dubya himself accused McCain? It came out of his mouth?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny that a man claiming that "you have to care for the lives of others" voted yes to allowing the govt. to designate terror suspects as enemy combatants and have their rights to habeas corpus removed.

Another "Do as I say, not as I do" politician.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2471754]You can't just running spewing ridiculous statements especially about the military service of John McCain of all people and then turn around and issue an apology as if it makes it ok.[/QUOTE]

don't forget neither Obama nor Hillary made this statement

If this effects Jay Rockafeller's re-election bid that's fair.

Read the Political Forum all day long you'll find surrogates making crazy statements ("we need more white people" for example) but very rarely will the candidates themselves make these statements.

The American people don't care about surrogates they care about individuals.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet2007;2471774]Dubya himself accused McCain? It came out of his mouth?[/QUOTE]

just as Dubya didn't accuse McCain directly, Obama or Hillary didn't accuse McCain directly - surroagates, it's all surrogates.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2471771]Why? Dubya accused him of fathering an illegitimate black child in 2000, then appologized. That was ok?[/QUOTE]

Hardly the same a challenging his military service.

But if you follow Rockefeller's logic GWB is a great person because he dodged the war so he must actually care about peoples lives.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2471782]just as Dubya didn't accuse McCain directly, Obama or Hillary didn't accuse McCain directly - surroagates, it's all surrogates.[/QUOTE]

Right. Problem is your other post didn't say indirectly. You made it sound like it came out of Bush's mouth. I called you out on it beause I knew the facts. But to someone with no info on the situation that would have looked like Bush said it his damn self. THATS NOT TRUE AT ALL