Thread: Good news about Posada

Good news about Posada

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

Jorge Posada has been diagnosed with a shoulder strain according to the KC team doctor and should only miss a few days. It doesn’t look like a DL. He had the MRI sent to Dr. James Andrews for confirmation and the Yankees will have their doctors look at it as well. “It’s good news because it’s not serious,” Posada said. …
    and another tidbit

There seems to be a chance that Morgan Ensberg will go on the DL with a mysterious knee injury. It may not necessarily be Jeter.

The Yankees won’t say what the move is until after BP.
    Hmmm, this could also be good news. I really thought both of them where heading for the DL. Ensberg isn't needed on this team, Betemit can play more positions, and Gonzalez is a slick field fielding shortstop.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-09-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Very good news.

Didn't know the other team's doctors would look at our player.

Not so sure it's good news. Good News in that Posada will be ready to play sooner, but he's still likely going to miss at least a week of action where he's just killing a roster spot that could be used by someone else. If hes gonna miss 10-12 days, I'd rather DL him and have the open roster spot.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Not so sure it's good news. Good News in that Posada will be ready to play sooner, but he's still likely going to miss at least a week of action where he's just killing a roster spot that could be used by someone else. If hes gonna miss 10-12 days, I'd rather DL him and have the open roster spot.
    Something worse than a strained shoulder for a catcher is not a short term injury. Anything that gets him back sooner is better. Also, he may be available to PH or DH even before he is able to catch.

Of course it is good news, it means his shoulder isn't as bad as initially thought, he will probably DH or PH this weekend or early next week.

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Bump

I havent been watching the Yankees...but what I said was in the event that he was going to miss 10-12 days, like was speculated. So if he did something today it obviously doesn't apply.

I havent been watching the Yankees...but what I said was in the event that he was going to miss 10-12 days, like was speculated. So if he did something today it obviously doesn't apply.
    He was the DH today and was 2-4 (HR, RBI, BB, RUN)

So what's the mystery with Ensberg?

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    So what's the mystery with Ensberg?
    Beats me, he had 2 hits today.

Maybe he had terrible diarrhea and was embarrassed to say that so he made up a knee injury. You know we've all been there.