Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: Are you Mets fans worried about Jose Reyes?

  1. #1

    Are you Mets fans worried about Jose Reyes?

    I know it's early, even my team can't hit there way out of a paper bag, but Reyes has been awful for an extended period of time now. Have you begun to worry?

    2007


    Post All-Star game

    .251 AVG, .316 OBP, .402 SLG, .718 OPS

    2008

    Through 7 games

    .200 AVG, .242 OBP, .233 SLG, .475 OPS

  2. #2
    Not really, he's too good not to turn it around.

  3. #3
    No.

    David Ortiz - .091/.250/.182 - 1HR, 3RBI
    Miguel Cabrera - .125/.300/.250 - 1HR, 1RBI
    CC Sabathia - 7.59 ERA, 9Ks/7BB, 1.79 Whip, .279 BAA

    It's early. I fully expect him to be one of the top players in baseball again this year.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Not really, he's too good not to turn it around.
    I'm sure he will turn it around, but my Mets fan friends are going crazy. Thought I'd check the thoughts of the Mets fans on JI.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    No.

    David Ortiz - .091/.250/.182 - 1HR, 3RBI
    Miguel Cabrera - .125/.300/.250 - 1HR, 1RBI
    CC Sabathia - 7.59 ERA, 9Ks/7BB, 1.79 Whip, .279 BAA

    It's early. I fully expect him to be one of the top players in baseball again this year.
    Well it's not just 2008.. it's also what he did in the 2nd half of last season.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Well it's not just 2008.. it's also what he did in the 2nd half of last season.
    And Sabathia was god awful in the post season. It's early, these guys all have track records and like Venom said, Reyes is way too talented to be mediocre, he's one of the best players in baseball.

  7. #7
    I don't think he'll ever be as good as I hoped he would, but even his floor is a very valuable player.

    He's extremely streaky at the dish, but I expect .280/.350/.440 60+SB at the end of the year with solid D.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    I don't think he'll ever be as good as I hoped he would, but even his floor is a very valuable player.

    He's extremely streaky at the dish, but I expect .280/.350/.440 60+SB at the end of the year with solid D.

    What did you hope?

    He's 24 and going into only his 4th full year as a pro.

  9. #9
    Worried is too strong for the moment, but I don't dismiss what's going on as mere aberration, either. He looks passive, especially at the plate. Passive and Jose Reyes are not supposed to go together.

  10. #10
    Great point!

    I don't like the fact that he has "toned it down"... Reyes doesn't look like he has that swagger and energy he always has had as a player for us...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    What did you hope?

    He's 24 and going into only his 4th full year as a pro.
    After 2006, I thought 25 HR and .500 SLG year after year was possible. Pretty much a HanRam with great D.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    After 2006, I thought 25 HR and .500 SLG year after year was possible. Pretty much a HanRam with great D.
    25? Damn. I thought more along the lines of 15-20 for the next year especially since that HR number was kind of bloated(3 Homerun game in Philly).

    HanRam is a physical specimen and is a power hitter, Reyes is a gap to gap guy. The one thing you can't discount about Reyes is that his plate patience has gotten better overall. Though his BA was like 20 points down last year, his OBP stayed the same and he scored an identical amount of runs and stole more bases. He just didn't get the job done to end last year but I just can't see him doing worse then how he ended last season.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    Im worried. He has looked mediocre at best since the all star break.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Well it's not just 2008.. it's also what he did in the 2nd half of last season.

    he really wasn't that bad the entire second half. it was a miserable september that made his second half look worse than it was.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    I have to admit to being a bit concerned. He seems to have regressed into some of his bad habits from a few years ago.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,241
    His body language has been awful all season. Its not a big deal but its still noticeable.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    His body language has been awful all season. Its not a big deal but its still noticeable.
    Totally agree with bolded part, but i think it is a big deal he is thinkin way to much instead of just playin

    not worried...YET

  18. #18
    Not that it matters, but how did he hit this spring?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Not that it matters, but how did he hit this spring?
    .280 something. Don't recall the exact number from my head.

    Not bad, but not great either.

  20. #20
    Not worried.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us