Thread: AC Milan First in Line for Ronaldinho

Jets Insider VIP

AC Milan First in Line for Ronaldinho

Apparently Shevchenko is also on his way back too.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nho/index.html

Milan: Close on Ronaldinho, Sheva

AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani has declared that the club has all but signed Ronaldinho and Andriy Shevchenko, stating that both are "180 percent Milan players."

Over the past week or so, reports in the Italian press have been strengthening that Ronaldinho will be signing for Milan.

On Thursday night, sources in both Italy and Spain claimed that an agreement had been reached between all parties to take the Brazilian to the San Siro.

Meanwhile, Milan has also been working hard to bring back old favorite Shevchenko back to the club. The Ukrainian has had a miserable time of things since leaving to join Chelsea in 2006, and is reported to have made an emotional phone call to Carlo Ancelotti earlier this week, in which he begged the coach to re-sign him.

Onda Catalana Radio has claimed that Galliani flew to Barcelona on Thursday and that a meeting took place between him, Ronaldinho's brother and agent Roberto de Assis, middleman Ernesto Bronzetti and Barcelona director Txiki Beguiristain.

De Assis has since strengthened talk of an imminent transfer.

"We only want to talk to Milan," he confirmed. "He [Ronaldinho] will either go there or stay at Barcelona."

Practice Squad
    There was a story linking him to Manchester CITY last week

if he does move to Milano, you can bet Barca will try to sigh Ronaldo to replace him.

That would be pretty interesting, Sheva and Ronaldhino, with Pato in reserve (maybe?) leading the attack for Milan. I don't have any faith in Sheva anymore, though. He was a star in Milan and his wife bossed him around and as a result sucked it up in Chelsea. I really don't even want to see him come back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RByrne View Post
    There was a story linking him to Manchester CITY last week

if he does move to Milano, you can bet Barca will try to sigh Ronaldo to replace him.
    I heard hat rumor as well. I think Milan is the safest bet though.

IMO Ronaldo will retire and I dont see any team spending millions for him and his thrice repaired knees.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    That would be pretty interesting, Sheva and Ronaldhino, with Pato in reserve (maybe?) leading the attack for Milan. I don't have any faith in Sheva anymore, though. He was a star in Milan and his wife bossed him around and as a result sucked it up in Chelsea. I really don't even want to see him come back.
    It's a shame he's dissapeared off the face of the earth like that. He was excellent in Milan.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I heard hat rumor as well. I think Milan is the safest bet though.

IMO Ronaldo will retire and I dont see any team spending millions for him and his thrice repaired knees.
    i meant Cristiano lol

Jets Insider VIP
    i meant Cristiano lol
    Didn't he just get an extension last year?

I think MU wants him to be the centerpiece for years to come with Rooney. I don't think they'll let him go. JMO

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Didn't he just get an extension last year?

I think MU wants him to be the centerpiece for years to come with Rooney. I don't think they'll let him go. JMO
    yeah he signed a five year deal last year but if Barca offer a crazy amount of money United might accept even though it is unlikely.

Practice Squad
    yeah he signed a five year deal last year but if Barca offer a crazy amount of money United might accept even though it is unlikely.
    They've specualted at 50 Million Pounds transfer fee.

Sir Alex is on record saying he Ronaldo is staying (he doesn't sign the checks).

It won't happen, he is the best player in the World right now, and with the other young players Anderson, Rooney etc, they will be in the title chase every year (EPL & Champions League).

All Pro
    MLS should bid. He's one of about 5 players who would make a difference. Beckham, Ronaldhino, Henry, C. Ronaldo, Rooney and maybe a Argentine(Messi, Riquelme)

They have no shot at him but its worth a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    MLS should bid. He's one of about 5 players who would make a difference. Beckham, Ronaldhino, Henry, C. Ronaldo, Rooney and maybe a Argentine(Messi, Riquelme)

They have no shot at him but its worth a call.
    What about Zidane, is he still an MLS rumor?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    What about Zidane, is he still an MLS rumor?
    Not sure. The guys on FSC Phone in said they thought Terry Henry might play here...who knows, but interesting.