Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hamas Cleric Predicts 'Rome Will Be Conquered by Islam' - FOXNews.com

Hamas Cleric Predicts 'Rome Will Be Conquered by Islam' - FOXNews.com

[QUOTE]Monday, April 14, 2008
    FOXNews.com

A sermon last Friday by a prominent Muslim cleric and Hamas member of the Palestinian parliament openly declared that "the capital of the Catholics, or the Crusader capital," would soon be conquered by Islam.

The fiery sermon, delivered by Yunis al-Astal and aired on Hamas' Al-Aqsa TV, predicted that Rome would become "an advanced post for the Islamic conquests, which will spread though Europe in its entirety, and then will turn to the two Americas, even Eastern Europe."

"Allah has chosen you for Himself and for His religion," al-Astal preached, "so that you will serve as the engine pulling this nation to the phase of succession, security and consolidation of power, and even to conquests through da'wa and military conquests of the capitals of the entire world.

'Very soon, Allah willing, Rome will be conquered, just like Constantinople was, as was prophesized by our prophet Muhammad," he added.

Al-Astal last June preached how it was the duty of Palestinian women to martyr themselves by becoming homicide bombers.

"The most exalted form of jihad is fighting for the sake of Allah, which means sacrificing one's sould by fighting the enemies head-on, even if it leads to martyrdom," he said in a June 23, 2007 interview.

"When jihad becomes an individual duty, it applies to women too, because women do not differ from men when it comes to individual duties," he said, calling Jews "the brothers of apes and pigs" who should "taste the bitterness of death."

Friday's rant repeated that theme: "Today, Rome is the capital of the Catholics, or the Crusader capital, which has declared its hostility to Islam, and has planted the brothers of apes and pigs in Palestine in order to prevent the reawakening of Islam.

"I believe that our children, or our grandchildren, will inherit our jihad and our sacrifices, and, Allah willing, the commanders of the conquest will come from among them.

"Today, we instill these good tidings in their souls and by means of the mosques and the Koran books, and the history of our Prophets, his companions, and the great leaders, we prepare them for the mission of saving humanity from the hellfire at whose brink they stand."[/QUOTE]

I think it would be interesting and enlightening to hear former President Carter's opinion on this Hamas Rep, and this sermon from the "Religion of peace".

hamas is a political organization that got its money from the CIA. They have nothing to do with the religion of Islam.

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;2479643]hamas is a political organization..... They have nothing to do with the religion of Islam.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty confident they would tell you otherwise.

Perhaps you should take a trip to hang out with them, like President Carter, and let them know they do not have anything to do with Islam.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;2479643]hamas is a political organization that got its money from the CIA. They have nothing to do with the religion of Islam.[/QUOTE]

The CIA sure gets around- first gangsta rap, then HIV, then crack, now Hamas. Impressive.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2479614]A sermon last Friday by a prominent Muslim cleric and Hamas member of the Palestinian parliament openly declared that "the capital of the Catholics, or the Crusader capital," would soon be conquered by Islam.
    [/QUOTE]

must be true

[QUOTE=Buster;2479680]must be true[/QUOTE]

True in what way? That this man said it, and wishes for it to happen deeply? That he is a Hamas Member? That he claims to speak for Islam?

Then yes, it indeed must be true.

Forgive me Buster, I must be too daft to have caught your point.

Veteran
    was this before or after he strapped his kids full of explosives for a suicide bomb? and they wonder was Islam is "misunderstood" all around the world....

Veteran
    They say inflammatory remarks like this and yet riot when CARTOONS come out making fun of allah...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;2479643]hamas is a political organization that got its money from the CIA. They have nothing to do with the religion of Islam.[/QUOTE]

HA>....that's a good one.....study any history? Politics and religion go hand in hand my friend...always have, always will.

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2479698]HA>....that's a good one.....study any history? Politics and religion go hand in hand my friend...always have, always will.[/QUOTE]

The mistake lies in taking a political organization seriously.
    The second a religion becomes institutionalized its no longer has credibility as a religious vehicle and becomes a political machine that disconnects itself from the religion. The same applies for the catholic church and ever other religion.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2479614]I think it would be interesting and enlightening to hear former President Carter's opinion on this Hamas Rep, and this sermon from the "Religion of peace".[/QUOTE]

You know...we could end this all if someone could get a hold of the Jewish or Christian God and have him/her tell these people that Allah doesn't exist.

Should be easy...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2479726]Should be easy...[/QUOTE]

One would think.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2479682]True in what way? That this man said it, and wishes for it to happen deeply? That he is a Hamas Member? That he claims to speak for Islam?

Then yes, it indeed must be true.

Forgive me Buster, I must be too daft to have caught your point.[/QUOTE]

If Yunis al-Astal said it, then it must be true.

I thought Rome had already been conquered?

Didn't the Visigoths do it 17 centuries or so ago?

Allah might be a little late on this one.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2479658]The CIA sure gets around- first gangsta rap, then HIV, then crack, now Hamas. Impressive.[/QUOTE]

At least we know our tax dollars are being put to work somewhere. The CIA working hard! :) :)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Black Death;2479761]I thought Rome had already been conquered?

Didn't the Visigoths do it 17 centuries or so ago?

Allah might be a little late on this one.[/QUOTE]

Allah is like my friend Dan...always late. Shows up to the party with a beer bong after everyone is passed out on my living room floor surrounded by Doritos, Guinness bottles and Wii remotes.

Loser...

They started as a registered nonprofit religious organization. There goal, unlike the PLO goal of establishing a secular Palestinian state is to establish an Islamic Palestinian State. They are very much an Islamic religious organization. Read their charter.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=CaliJetsFan;2479687]was this before or after he strapped his kids full of explosives for a suicide bomb? and they wonder was Islam is "misunderstood" all around the world....[/QUOTE]

I just wonder how this brainiac talks about his grandchildren when he is calling for women to become martyrs.

Politically speaking, I am sure all Republicans are just scare mongers. These guys wouldnever go through with it. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Buster;2479754]If Yunis al-Astal said it, then it must be true.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see.

So your initial reaction to these words is "eh, don't care, just posturing, means nothing" then, eh?

Why am I not suprised. Wonder if you'd have replied in an equally ambivalent manner if these words had been said, say, by the Pope, talking about reclaiming Jerusalem for Christ via the extermination of Arabs.

Guess we'll never know, huh.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2479803] Wonder if you'd have replied in an equally ambivalent manner if these words had been said, say, by the Pope, talking about reclaiming Jerusalem for Christ via the extermination of Arabs.

Guess we'll never know, huh.[/QUOTE]

Warfish you are obsessed with the double standard.

The truth is they are animals and you want to know why we don't lower ourselves to their level? They are animals!

we tried to give animals the right to govern themselves. Great idea Bush.

By the way staying there doesn't make them any less animals.