Thread: The Shift

The Shift

I realize that players like Giambi and Ortiz are not paid to bunt but when their teams are down a couple of runs late in the game and they lead off an inning --- BE A TEAM PLAYER AND GET YOUR @$$ ON BASE.

Plus if you lay a couple down in that direction teams won't be able to shift on you on any more resulting in a better overall average.

Am I missing something? Am I wrong?

This is more directed at Giambi than Ortiz..
    Last edited by JFB; 04-14-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    I attended a few spring training practices this year in Tampa, and I can remember watching Giambi taking BP. He was hitting to left field the whole time. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    I realize that players like Giambi and Ortiz are not paid to bunt but when their teams are down a couple of runs late in the game and they lead off an inning --- BE A TEAM PLAYER AND GET YOUR @$$ ON BASE.

Plus if you lay a couple down in that direction teams won't be able to shift on you on any more resulting in a better overall average.

Am I missing something? Am I wrong?

This is more directed at Giambi than Ortiz..

OMG... THAT **** MAKES ME FURIOUS! At least try and hit the ball the other way! Why the **** would you pull the ball!?!?!?!?!

I can't wait to get Giambi and Matsui out of NY, If I have to see them dribble another ball to 2B, I might puke.

Haha, I had this rant for a while last year regarding Delgado. To me, if they started pulling the Shift on me, I'd bunt it down the third base line every time for a hit until they stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Haha, I had this rant for a while last year regarding Delgado. To me, if they started pulling the Shift on me, I'd bunt it down the third base line every time for a hit until they stopped.
    if im not mistakin Delgado did bunt it twice the first year we got him and it worked both times. i dont remember him ever doin it again

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    if im not mistakin Delgado did bunt it twice the first year we got him and it worked both times. i dont remember him ever doin it again
    Could there possibly be some unwritten rule that says you can't do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Could there possibly be some unwritten rule that says you can't do this?
    BULL

Anyways...most of these guys we're talking about go into crazy slumps too. Break your slump, bunt the ball.

No commentator ever mentions this either. I just don't understand how these guys can be so selfish.

Not to bring up sore subjects, but when Schilling was bleeding out of his ankle, they should have been bunting on him too. It would be the same as when Posada/Piazza can't throw and teams run all over them.