Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: 1997 Rutherford Little League Leaders

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

1997 Rutherford Little League Leaders

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Chipko was an ill little leaguer.... .33 ERA.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Mike Chipko was an ill little leaguer.... .33 ERA.
    Vinnie Mazzaro is in the Oakland A's farm system.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Sean...you're a singles hitter.

Chicks dig the long ball!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    Sorry Sean...you're a singles hitter.

Chicks dig the long ball!!
    Check out that batting average! I struck out once my last year of little league.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Chipko's Cy Young season>Sean Ryan's Cy Young season

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Chipko's Cy Young season>Sean Ryan's Cy Young season
    Bastard! I wonder what happen to Chipko...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sean, you batted .489 in your last year of little league.

I batted .492 my Sr. year in high school for Kearny High School, Watchung Conference, Group IV. Batted clean up and we got ranked as high as 4th in the state.

Just saying ....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post

I batted .492 my Sr. year in high school for Kearny High School, Watchung Conference, Group IV. Batted clean up and we got ranked as high as 4th in the state.

Just saying ....
    Damn. You play any college ball?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Damn. You play any college ball?
    I got a "School of Business" scholarship to Fairleigh Dickenson. It paid $7,000 of a $22,000 tuition. However everything went wrong immediately. The coach who recruited me left right before the school year started because he got offered the head coaching job at a bigger school. The new coach played all the seniors during fall league so I only got 8 at bats in the fall but went 4-8 with 2 RBI.

However, I tore my right rotator cuff and labrum weight lifting my Sr. year of H.S. during wrestling season. I already had the scholarship lined up before baseball started after batting .449 as a JR so I didn't say anything, didn't get surgery, and wanted to see how a whole summer off of no baseball would do for it (didn't play Babe Ruth that summer or anything). Long story short the pain was too bad, I needed 6.5 hour reconstructive shoulder surgery, they took my "School of Business" scholarship away since I didn't enroll in the school of business (which was fine prior to reporting the cuff injury) and I wound up transfering to Kean University were one of my buddies went so we could take all the same classes and I could photocopy his notes since I write right-handed and my right arm was in a sling for 7 weeks.

By the next season my shoulder was still F'd up and I didn't even want to go out for the team. By my Junior year I was having so much fun smoking p*t and drinking beer I had no more desire to play ball.

However, I'm on the most bad-*ss softball team in Hudson County right now. 4 of our 10 starters played college baseball and 2 others could have but played college football instead. We're 2-0 so far this year winning our two games by a combined score of 60-10. I have 11 RBIs in 2 games. This is what I have become.
    Last edited by JMJ; 04-15-2008 at 06:41 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a "School of Business" scholarship to Fairleigh Dickenson. It paid $7,000 of a $22,000 tuition. However everything went wrong immediately. The coach who recruited me left right before the school year started because he got offered the head coaching job at a bigger school. The new coach played all the seniors during fall league so I only got 8 at bats in the fall but went 4-8 with 2 RBI.

However, I tore my right rotator cuff and labrum weight lifting my Sr. year of H.S. during wrestling season. I already had the scholarship lined up before baseball started after batting .449 as a JR so I didn't say anything, didn't get surgery, and wanted to see how a whole summer off of no baseball would do for it (didn't play Babe Ruth that summer or anything). Long story short the pain was too bad, I needed 6.5 reconstructive shoulder surgery, they took my "School of Business" scholarship away since I didn't enroll in the school of business (which was fine prior to reporting the cuff injury) and I wound up transfering to Kean University were one of my buddies went so we could take all the same classes and I could photocopy his notes since I write right-handed and my right arm was in a sling for 7 weeks.

By the next season my shoulder was still F'd up and I didn't even want to go out for the team. By my Junior year I was having so much fun smoking p*t and drinking beer I had no more desire to play ball.

However, I'm on the most bad-*ss softball team in Hudson County right now. 4 of our 10 starters played college baseball and 2 others could have but played college football instead. We're 2-0 so far this year winning our two games by a combined score of 60-10. I have 11 RBIs in 2 games. This is what I have become.
    Sounds like you've got some skills man. Beer always gets you though. It's pretty much diminished my athletic ability.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Sounds like you've got some skills man. Beer always gets you though. It's pretty much diminished my athletic ability.
    Beer has destroyed me. Particulary, it has affected my attention span. For example, just the other day I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, and I thought you named yourself Sean Ryan after the Jet.

Anyways, I was the Rickey Henderson of my Little League team. Walk, Stolen Base, Stolen Base. Score. At one point Ven0m even started referring to himself in the third person.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saying ....
    LOL, I'm pretty sure I bated .400 something my senior year. Maybe even my junior year, but I was never ranked. Team wasn't that good, always went to states and counties, but didn't last long vs the power houses in Bergen County.

but I was a HELL of a little league player. Pitcher and hitter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Beer has destroyed me. Particulary, it has affected my attention span. For example, just the other day I
    LOL. I'm thinking that is in my future. I've lost all stamina and am noticing what may be the beginning of a "beer gut".