Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama called "boy" by Republican Congressman

Obama called "boy" by Republican Congressman

Here we go, the long hot summer of subtle and not-so-subtle racist Republican attacks is starting early...

"I'm going to tell you something: That [I]boy's[/I] finger does not need to be on the button," Davis said. "He could not make a decision in that simulation that related to a nuclear threat to this country."

--Kentucky Congressman, Republican Geoff Davis

[url]http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/14/gop-rep-refers-to-obama-as-that-boy/[/url]

Soon will come the oh-so-sincere apology that will, unfortunately, come all to late for this dog-whistle politics to work its magic.

Can you say:

"****, I said something stupid as hell and they got me on tape.....hmmmmmm, how can I quickly get the media and the country back on my side?? Let me seee.......EUREKA! I have it! THE RACE CARD!!!"

You may not be able to, but Obama the "Race in Your Face" Candidate sure can.

Standard Issue Liberal Politics. When sonething doesn't go well, decry the cause as racism.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2481113]Here we go, the long hot summer of subtle and not-so-subtle racist Republican attacks is starting early...

"I'm going to tell you something: That [I]boy's[/I] finger does not need to be on the button," Davis said. "He could not make a decision in that simulation that related to a nuclear threat to this country."

[url]http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/14/gop-rep-refers-to-obama-as-that-boy/[/url]

Soon will come the oh-so-sincere apology that will, unfortunately, come all to late for this dog-whistle politics to work its magic.[/QUOTE]

Funny coming from the "Uncle Tom" poster.:yes:

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2481122]Funny coming from the "Uncle Tom" poster.:yes:[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I posted it. Where is Condi Rice with her condemnation now? Is Republican disdain for African-Americans just a figment of my imagination now? Please...

[QUOTE=Warfish;2481120]Can you say:

"****, I said something stupid as hell and they got me on tape.....hmmmmmm, how can I quickly get the media and the country back on my side?? Let me seee.......EUREKA! I have it! THE RACE CARD!!!"

You may not be able to, but Obama the "Race in Your Face" Candidate sure can.

Standard Issue Liberal Politics. When sonething doesn't go well, decry the cause as racism.[/QUOTE]

As someone who has never called an adult male "boy" I can't relate to this particular slip of the tongue. Vulgar language sure, a non-grammatic sentence absolutely -- even calling a huge section of the population "bitter" I can handle.;)

Fish, you just can't pretend this is an accident or that this is a concocted issue. Using one group against another is what these people do. Gays, atheists blacks, immigrants, feminists -- what non-white group does the Republican party NOT use as a wedge issue?

All League
    Yeah, just like Howard Cosell and the infamous "Look at that monkey go!" comment.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2481131]That's exactly why I posted it. Where is Condi Rice with her condemnation now? Is Republican disdain for African-Americans just a figment of my imagination now? Please...[/QUOTE]
    Must we rehash your disdain for African-Americans that you so ineloquently demonstrated in the earlier thread. Once again you are looking upon African Americans as a voting block, not people. :tsk:

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2481157]Yeah, just like Howard Cosell and the infamous "Look at that monkey go!" comment.[/QUOTE]

The difference is that Howard Cosell's job was to be entertaining, not to Represent people in our National Government. His apology was sincere, on-camera, repeated -- he had also used the term in relation to whites in the same manner.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2481160]Must we rehash your disdain for African-Americans that you so ineloquently demonstrated in the earlier thread. Once again you are looking upon African Americans as a voting block, not people. :tsk:[/QUOTE]

In other words, you have no problem with this quote and you only leap boldly to the defense of African-Americans if they are Republicans held up to ridicule.:zzz:

If Obama got up tonight and accidentally referred to Mario Cuomo or somebody as a WOP, believe me I'd have deep misgivings about supporting him and other Dems. If they kept doing it for 50 years -- I'd be moving on to another party and I'm be very suspicious of any Italian who didn't.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2481180]In other words, you have no problem with this quote and you only leap boldly to the defense of African-Americans if they are Republicans held up to ridicule.:zzz:

If Obama got up tonight and accidentally referred to Mario Cuomo or somebody as a WOP, believe me I'd have deep misgivings about supporting him and other Dems. If they kept doing it for 50 years -- I'd be moving on to another party and I'm be very suspicious of any Italian who didn't.[/QUOTE]

No, it was a dumb thing to say. However, "Uncle Tom" is worse, and to see you up on a soapbox playing the race card after last week's thread is both hypocritical and hilarious.

Hall Of Fame
    well it's possible that the guy is much older than Obama... then again 3 years isn't very much older at all!

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2481188]No, it was a dumb thing to say. However, "Uncle Tom" is worse, and to see you up on a soapbox playing the race card after last week's thread is both hypocritical and hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Dumb? Not racist? You said calling someone an Uncle Tom was racist -- but calling Obama "boy" is only dumb. After last week's post I took a canvass of friends on the Uncle Tom issue and without exception the white people I asked all said "you shouldn't say that". All the black people I asked, laughed and thought it was at worst "off-color". Let's see what happens when I ask my friends about calling someone "boy". Why don't you try it? Let's see how dumb they think it is.
    Last edited by fukushimajin; 04-15-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: typo

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2481212]Dumb? Not racist? You said calling someone an Uncle Tom was racist -- but calling Obama "boy" is only dumb. After last week's post I took a canvass of friends on the Uncle Tom issue and without exception the white people I asked all said "you shouldn't say that". All the black people I asked, laughed and thought it was at worst "off-color". Let's see what happens when I ask my friends about calling someone "boy". Why don't you try it? Let's see how dumb they think it is.[/QUOTE]

You starting a thread on this topic is like Ted Kennedy teaching a Driver's Education course.
    Can't believe you just used the "I have black friends" argument. Classic.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2481220]You starting a thread on this topic is like Ted Kennedy teaching a Driver's Education course.
    Can't believe you just used the "I have black friends" argument. Classic.[/QUOTE]

I think I've made my point -- at least I have black friends to ask.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2481231]I think I've made my point -- at least I have black friends to ask.[/QUOTE]

Another winning argument.:rolleyes:

Hilarious how the libs play the race card, while supporting the candidate that sat and listened to his racist spiritual advisor for over 20 years.

The candidate that also threw his grandmother under the bus and called her a "typical white person".

The candidate that marched alongside Louis Farrakahn in 1995.

Filthy stinking liberals are the biggest asstard hypocrites on the planet.

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;2481113]Here we go, the long hot summer of subtle and not-so-subtle racist Republican attacks is starting early...

Soon will come the oh-so-sincere apology that will, unfortunately, come all to late for this dog-whistle politics to work its magic.[/QUOTE]

Hey fukush, you know Obama hada racist pig pastor for the past 20 years? I'm just making sure you knew.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2481287]Filthy stinking liberals are the biggest asstard hypocrites on the planet.[/QUOTE]

Good. I can feel your anger. Democrats are defenseless. Make a pipe bomb! Blow them up with with all your hatred, and your journey towards the dark side will be complete.

[IMG]http://6ohfour.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/terrorist.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2481149]As someone who has never called an adult male "boy" I can't relate to this particular slip of the tongue.
    [/QUOTE]

I take it you're not from the south, I know people down there that call anyone under the age of 80 "boy", white or black.

It's like having a Canadian call you "buddy", "guy", or "friend".

To summarize the Conservative position:

We may not make an issue of plainly racist campaign tactics used by some Republicans because Obama may have listened to a man who is arguably racist. This despite the fact that Obama has never personally made a racist statement and, in fact, has been quite gracious when others have made tactless racial comments about him.

Also, we are supposed to forgive and forget that John McCain opposed a Martin Luther King day Holiday because...why?