Thread: OT:Going to Philly to see the Mets

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

OT:Going to Philly to see the Mets

so I'm contemplating. Should I play it safe and wear my Darryl Stawberry tshirt tommorrow or go all out and wear my Billy Wagner tshirt, and try sticking it to the Philly fans.
    My fiancee says she wants to see me come home in one piece though.
    So I'm debating...strawberry or Wagner.
    What you think?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I would imagine your day with a Strawberry jersey would be filled with the sing-song chant of "Darryl, Darryl" not to mention any number of remarks about his absurd personal history.

How about just wear a Mets hat and save yourself the aggrevation of either choice.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grow a pair and wear the Wagner Jersey....first guy says somethin stupid tee off with a right hook..j/k but def wear the wagner jersey

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I would imagine your day with a Strawberry jersey would be filled with the sing-song chant of "Darryl, Darryl" not to mention any number of remarks about his absurd personal history.

How about just wear a Mets hat and save yourself the aggrevation of either choice.
    man, i forgot about the darryl chants. Ahh...F'em!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetscc26 View Post
    so I'm contemplating. Should I play it safe and wear my Darryl Stawberry tshirt tommorrow or go all out and wear my Billy Wagner tshirt, and try sticking it to the Philly fans.
    My fiancee says she wants to see me come home in one piece though.
    So I'm debating...strawberry or Wagner.
    What you think?
    depends....how many guys are you going with? How big are you? Do you have any martial arts training? Would you use a child as a weapon in a pinch?

Couple of unanswered questions here before we can get to the bottom of it all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    overrated fans, they won't do ****!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    depends....how many guys are you going with? How big are you? Do you have any martial arts training? Would you use a child as a weapon in a pinch?

Couple of unanswered questions here before we can get to the bottom of it all.
    haha, well we're going as part of a bachelor party. I'd say about 8 guys. All Mets fans, 2 of them are Yankees fans ( they will be wearing Yankee gear.)
    NO martial arts training, will contemplate on using a chlild, I'm 6'0 160lbs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetscc26 View Post
    haha, well we're going as part of a bachelor party. I'd say about 8 guys. All Mets fans, 2 of them are Yankees fans ( they will be wearing Yankee gear.)
    NO martial arts training, will contemplate on using a chlild, I'm 6'0 160lbs.

you can wear whatever you want. the phillies fans are not like eagles fans.

make sure you go to chickies and petes on packer ave before the game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last time I was there was the first year the new park opened. The fans weren't bad at all, but that was like 4 yrs ago I think. We were drinking beers in the parking lot with some of the fans.
    The tension between these 2 teams have definitley grown in recent years. Should be a different experience I feel.