Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pope Blesses Daughter of Jets QB Clemens

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Pope Blesses Daughter of Jets QB Clemens

It most assuredly wasn't not an endorsement, though some probably won't be able to help themselves.

Jets quarterback Kellen Clemens, poised to battle Chad Pennington this preseason for the team's starting quarterback position, and his wife, Nicole, were in Washington Thursday morning and attended Pope Benedict XVI's Mass at Nationals Park.

Afterward the Pope greeted well-wishers and while doing so, randomly kissed some children. One of those he kissed was the recently born Kate Elizabeth Clemens, Kellen and Nicole's first child.
    [B]Newsday.Com[/B]

Could this be a Sign?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it cant hurt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heineken08;2486588]It most assuredly wasn't not an endorsement, though some probably won't be able to help themselves.

Jets quarterback Kellen Clemens, poised to battle Chad Pennington this preseason for the team's starting quarterback position, and his wife, Nicole, were in Washington Thursday morning and attended Pope Benedict XVI's Mass at Nationals Park.

Afterward the Pope greeted well-wishers and while doing so, randomly kissed some children. One of those he kissed was the recently born Kate Elizabeth Clemens, Kellen and Nicole's first child.
    [B]Newsday.Com[/B]

Could this be a Sign?[/QUOTE]

The coming of the Anti-Chad..:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;2486626]The coming of the Anti-Chad..:eek:[/QUOTE]

lol...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heineken08;2486588]
    [B]Afterward the Pope greeted well-wishers and while doing so, randomly kissed some children. [/B]

Not going to touch that one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets need all the help they can get.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to get into a religous debate, but the Pope is overrated.. I'm not sure he will go to heaven. The things the catholics practice, is so against the word of God, such as praying to idols, etc.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=24;2486657]Not to get into a religous debate, but the Pope is overrated.. I'm not sure he will go to heaven. The things the catholics practice, is so against the word of God, such as praying to idols, etc.[/QUOTE]

lol. How can you make a statement like that and say "i'm not going to get into a religious debate"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Voice of Reason;2486662]lol. How can you make a statement like that and say "i'm not going to get into a religious debate"[/QUOTE]

:D:dunno: Usually when someone says. "I dont wanto get into a _____debate" It means, "They want to get into a ____ debate,"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heineken08;2486588]It most assuredly wasn't not an endorsement, though some probably won't be able to help themselves.

[B]Newsday.Com[/B]

I would have preferred to hear that he looked at Clemens and said, "You are the chosen one my son." And then kissed him. Unless Kate is going to take some snaps this year, I don't see much of a sign.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    as the bible says "the iniquity of the fathers on the children"

on opposite Bible day are the blessings of the daughters on the father?

here's to hoping. Clemens can be a great player but he's got to earn it.

In general when it's April and you don't know who the quarterback will be in Sept that's a bad sign.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2486672]as the bible says "the iniquity of the fathers on the children"

on opposite Bible day are the blessings of the daughters on the father?

here's to hoping. Clemens can be a great player but he's got to earn it.

In general when it's April and you don't know who the quarterback will be in Sept that's a bad sign.[/QUOTE]

That's why they need divine intervention.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=24;2486657]Not to get into a religous debate, but the Pope is overrated.. I'm not sure he will go to heaven. The things the catholics practice, is so against the word of God, such as praying to idols, etc.[/QUOTE]

What exactly are you trying to say? "The things catholics do"???? What exactly makes your religion so much better??? Alright, do you worship the American flag? If you salute the flag and do not claim to worship it, then don't fault us Catholics for showing honor to Mary by praying in front of her statue. It's the same principle.

Idolaters worship things. They worship images. We do not worship things. We do not worship Mary.

Get your facts straight before making claims like that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BLEEDgreenN'white;2486703]What exactly are you trying to say? "The things catholics do"???? What exactly makes your religion so much better??? Alright, do you worship the American flag? If you salute the flag and do not claim to worship it, then don't fault us Catholics for showing honor to Mary by praying in front of her statue. It's the same principle.

Idolaters worship things. They worship images. We do not worship things. We do not worship Mary.

Get your facts straight before making claims like that.[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!! well said.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Catholics dont pray to idols.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it were a sign, he would have blessed Clemens and not his daughter. With the Jets luck, his daughter will go on and be wildly successful.:D;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I 'd have much rather the pope bless Clemens.;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kellen Clemens = Green Astronaut Jesus

[IMG]http://www.designertoybox.com/images/jesusastronaut-green.jpg[/IMG]

:yes::yes::yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;2486626]The coming of the Anti-Chad..:eek:[/QUOTE]

priceless :D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    if he was going to bless anything, it should have been Chad's arm