Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sooner or later the Yankees need figure out what they want to do with Mussina

Sooner or later the Yankees need figure out what they want to do with Mussina

Moose's stuff has not looked good this season. Moose might have the advantage the first time around, but the second time, he will get hit. He puts a burden on the bullpen by not going deep into games, and puts the offense in a hole before you can blink an eye. Lets face it, this guy can't hack it anymore, especially in the AL East. Major League hitters can hit 84 mph fastballs.

We can wait out the season and let him walk at the end of the year, but we will be just hurting the team doing so. In regards to this thread being reactionary, Moose has been bad for almost 2 years now.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-17-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Do you really have a choice? You're not gonna move Joba back into the rotation, Horne is hurt, and Kei Igawa throws 84 mph and he doesn't have the excuse of being washed up.

Short of him being absolutely terrible, he'll be your 5th starter.

All League
    I just want him out. Seriously, I can't stomach him anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Do you really have a choice? You're not gonna move Joba back into the rotation, Horne is hurt, and Kei Igawa throws 84 mph and he doesn't have the excuse of being washed up.

So you don't believe the Yankees will do what they have said they will do for over 2 months?

All League

Where have you been for the last 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    So you don't believe the Yankees will do what they have said they will do for over 2 months?
    I meant before June or July.

All League
    Right now, how can they? Whos going to be the setup man? Kyle Farnsworthless?

I meant before June or July.
    Oh, right.. well.

Short term. Igawa might better than Mussina. Seriously... Last time I checked he is dominating in the minors.

AAA options are

Darrell Rasner
    Kei Igawa
    Jeff Marquez
    Steven White

Alan Horne (Injured, but isn't suppose to be out long)

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    You aren't going to like it, but it's going to happen, and it's necessary.

All League
    You aren't going to like it, but it's going to happen, and it's necessary.
    It won't happen this season (unless the Yankees absolutely go in the tank OR Bruney or Farnsworth absolutely DOMINATE), I can assure you of that.

As of right now, he'll never be in the rotation this season imo.

As a Yankees/Red Sox hater (bitter Expos fan), I'm about as objective as they come on this topic. Living in Vermont, I listen to or watch tons of Red Sox and Yankees games. Moose is done. He's had a great career, but the Yankees need to move on.

It won't happen this season (unless the Yankees absolutely go in the tank OR Bruney or Farnsworth absolutely DOMINATE), I can assure you of that.

Yes it will... if not, you are only foregoing his development as a starter for another season.

By the way, I'm not interested in bringing in a journeymen via trade. We have young pitchers, we should use them.

All League
    By the way, I'm not interested in bringing in a journeymen via trade. We have young pitchers, we should use them.
    I don't give a **** who it is. ABM (Anyone but Moose)

Hall Of Fame
    Joba's ready to start, the fans aren't ready for Joba. I watched 4 of Jobas spring outings. The fans don't understand that Joba is not invisible. They think he is untouchable, and he is for an inning or two. But when he's out there throwing more then his fastball he is hittable, but is also very good. Joba is ready now, I can garentee it, he spent many of spring training innings working out the kinks, and it wasn't that long ago.

However its a big decision on the Yankees part because he is so lights out in the 8th and 9th.

I just wish Horne and Brackman weren't rehabbing. I know it takes time, but Brackman is partying at the same bar I go to every Saturday. Wish dudes were healthy...

Do you really have a choice? You're not gonna move Joba back into the rotation
    Given that the exact plan this year is to start Joba in the bullpen and move Joba to the rotation, yes, they are going to move Joba to the rotation.

Why not? We need more help in the rotation than the bullpen anyways, and the Yankees are smart enough he has more value in the rotation than in the bullpen.

Thankfully the Yankees aren't as simplistic as some fans to hurt the future and present of this team by just keeping a potential #1 starting pitcher in the pen.

Bruney. Patterson will also get a chance on this team too, and possibly Melancon or Sanchez will help this team later on in the pen.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think the better question here Sean is what are the Yanks going to do about Hughes?

The kid has given up 11 earned runs in only 11 innings pitched (era of 9.00) and worse off he has allowed 24 base runners in only 11 innings (16 hits and 8 walks).

Even worse yet he has only pitched 3.0 and 2.0 innings in his last two starts so he is absolutely destroying the Yanks bullpen thus hurting the team additionally on nights even when he is not out there getting rocked.

This kid will be the biggest bust in Yankees history. Period.

Jets Insider VIP

Kidding. I just wanted to make SR go apesh*t for a second.