Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Sickening

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Sickening

Philly Fans booing Jose Reyes getting hurt.

(He slid head-first on a steal attempt into Second Base and his head hit Utley's knee, likely concussion).

How does such a pathetic fan-base get anything good handed to them like last year?
    Last edited by Ven0m; 04-18-2008 at 07:57 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post

(He slid head-first on a steal attempt into Second Base and his head hit Utley's knee, likely concussion).
    He's actually gonna stay in the game, wow.

Guess it wasnt a concussion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

How does such a pathetic fan-base get anything good handed to them like last year?
    I agree it is classless but not as bad as Jets fans cheering when their own QB was hurt. That was really low class.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    I agree it is classless but not as bad as Jets fans cheering when their own QB was hurt. That was really low class.
    From what I recall, most people really weren't aware he was hurt at the time. You didn't exactly have the good view of the action from most parts of the stadium.

The Philly fans went so far as to boo Reyes getting up after 2 minutes of laying on the ground. It was pathetic. What kind of scum are you to cheer such a thing?
    Last edited by Ven0m; 04-18-2008 at 08:07 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The funny thing is from what I recall, most people really weren't aware he was hurt at the time. You didn't exactly have the good view of the action from most parts of the stadium.

The Philly fans went so far as to boo Reyes getting up after 2 minutes of laying on the ground. It was pathetic. What kind of scum are you to cheer such a thing?
    Most stereotypes are based on at least a little bit of reality. Philly fans are known as pond scum.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Venom,

Just because you and I wouldn't, you best believe if that was Jimmy Rollins and it happened at Shea you would here some jubilation coming from a somewhat significant percentage of the crowd.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Venom,

Just because you and I wouldn't, you best believe if that was Jimmy Rollins and it happened at Shea you would here some jubilation coming from a somewhat significant percentage of the crowd.
    I don't agree.

I've been at games where players got hurt, and from what I remember it was dead silence for most of the time they were on the ground.

Now obviously it isn't near the same level of being hated as Jimmy Rollins is, but I'd think it would be much of the same. Cheering that is just a sickening action. I would never boo another human being being seriously injured. It's just wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What did the commentators say on SNY?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ron Darling & Gary Cohen both said there was no place for that in Philly or in Shea where all of us Mets fans were cheering when Lastings Milledge got hit.

Not a big deal that Philly fans were cheering this.

Santana looking good so far, 7Ks through 3 1/3 innings.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets N Mets View Post
    Ron Darling & Gary Cohen both said there was no place for that in Philly or in Shea where all of us Mets fans were cheering when Lastings Milledge got hit.

Not a big deal that Philly fans were cheering this.

Santana looking good so far, 7Ks through 3 1/3 innings.
    Getting hit by a pitch is a little different though, he was perfectly fine and we were well aware of it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

That question applies much more to Boston

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Philly.... a wanna be city and the arm pit of the world. There exists the greatest accumulation of ignorant people in the world. I do not advise anyone to ever go to a sporting event there unless you are from there. A sad scene.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't surprise me....

Sucks that I missed the game but watching Heilman may have made me vomit.