Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Crazy story about Steven Gerrard's problems with organized crime

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Thanks and happy new year to all you guys as well.

    Especially the little french dude who celebrated his first xmas and new year. How was that RD?

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,152
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Thanks and happy new year to all you guys as well.

    Especially the little french dude who celebrated his first xmas and new year. How was that RD?
    Little guy’s doing great, thanks for asking.

    Just got back to work after a 2 week vacation. It was cool to spend time with the wife and kid. Life is pretty hectic with the baby and we just bought a new place. I’ve been working over there on weekends putting in hardwood floor, kitchen..etc.

    How was your Xmas-New Year?

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Little guy’s doing great, thanks for asking.

    Just got back to work after a 2 week vacation. It was cool to spend time with the wife and kid. Life is pretty hectic with the baby and we just bought a new place. I’ve been working over there on weekends putting in hardwood floor, kitchen..etc.

    How was your Xmas-New Year?
    Well over here we don't have any holidays for the x-mas part and personally my new years eve was utterly forgettable. I was never one those people who get really amped up for the new years but this year some friends we were having over cancelled at the last minute so my mother in law came so I had to curb my drinking which is probably the only thing that makes talking to the mother-in-law bearable...

    Anyway by about 9 pm I was praying to any and every God and religion that would listen to just hurry up and get the clock to midnite so that I can at least go to sleep and get the night over with.

    If any of you are single, find a nice orphaned girl or a girl with relatives who live on another continent to get married.
    Last edited by The Turk; 01-05-2009 at 05:07 AM.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,152
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Well over here we don't have any holidays for the x-mas part and personally my new years eve was utterly forgettable. I was never one those people who get really amped up for the new years but this year some friends we were having over cancelled at the last minute so my mother in law came so I had to curb my drinking which is probably the only thing that makes talking to the mother-in-law bearable...

    Anyway by about 9 pm I was praying to any and every God and religion that would listen to just hurry up and get the clock to midnite so that I can at least go to sleep and get the night over with.

    If any of you are single, find a nice orphaned girl or a girl with relatives who live on another continent to get married.
    LOL

    I have the opposite problem : an overbearing mother feuding with my wife. I do not wish this on my worst enemy.
    This summer we had a nuclear meltdown with tears all over the place. I guess it was predictable with a woman becoming officially The One. With the baby things have become relatively normal. Add to that my mother is recovering from cancer, so it’s an emotional blackmail orgy.

    Besides that everything’s cool
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 01-05-2009 at 05:47 AM.

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    LOL

    I have the opposite problem : an overbearing mother feuding with my wife. I do not wish this on my worst enemy.
    This summer we had a nuclear meltdown with tears all over the place. I guess it was predictable with a woman becoming officially The One. With the baby things have become relatively normal. Add to that my mother is recovering from cancer, so itís an emotional blackmail orgy.

    Besides that everythingís cool
    It usually is the husband's mother who becomes a little too involved but I've managed to keep mine at bay...so far anyway

    My god it's like everyone I know has some sort of Cancer in the family, now it has spread to my internet friends, all the best for your mother, mine is also recovering from breast cancer and my sister from tyroid cancer. During the same week they took my mother's breast, they also took out my sister's tyroids. Some luck eh...

    So good riddance to 08...

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,152
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    It usually is the husband's mother who becomes a little too involved but I've managed to keep mine at bay...so far anyway

    My god it's like everyone I know has some sort of Cancer in the family, now it has spread to my internet friends, all the best for your mother, mine is also recovering from breast cancer and my sister from tyroid cancer. During the same week they took my mother's breast, they also took out my sister's tyroids. Some luck eh...

    So good riddance to 08...
    Same here: Dad, Mom uncles...We talked about this in another thread with Paulie. There is a sort of ominous feeling that eventually, we'll all get cancer. Friggin bastard

    Glad your Mom and sis came out OK.

    In the old days, before they put a name on it, in French they'd say you 'caught death' (attraper la mort). Then they called it cancer.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Same here: Dad, Mom uncles...We talked about this in another thread with Paulie. There is a sort of ominous feeling that eventually, we'll all get cancer.
    I know exactly what you mean....

    and I suddenly hate you avatar

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,152
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I know exactly what you mean....

    and I suddenly hate you avatar
    Goes with the username. Can't change it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us