Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Farnsworth to be suspended

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    2,137

    Farnsworth to be suspended

    Daily News says Farnsworth will be suspended 3 games for throwing at Manny. That is total bull****...they actually hit Arod the night before after he hit a HR. So ridiculous.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    I don't understand the suspensions at all this year.

  3. #3
    Similar to Joba being suspended last year, he didn't touch Youk

  4. #4
    Unreal. So nothing for Aardsma after he hits A-Rod, but Farnsworth brushes Manny off the plate and gets suspended? They both got hit after hitting HRs in the game. Was it b/c Farnsworth's pitch got up a bit? One way or another I'm happy someone finally threw inside on Manny. Ortiz you're next!!!!

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfield County, CT
    Posts
    6,870
    On the bright side, it means no Farnsworth for 3 games.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Posts
    4,455
    i am a huge red soxs fan, but think this is stupid. if you are going to suspend one pitcher then you must suspend the other. i am not a fan of arod but since he got hit with a ball the red soxs pitcher should be suspended also.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,168
    Baseball is such crap nowdays. Even on sportscenter, they kept going on about how wrong it was, blah blah blah.

    Baseball talks about it's history, about the great pitchers in the 50s, 60s, 70s. Like Gibson, and Koufax, and Drysadale. Those guys would put you on your A$$ in a second if you showboated. Shoot, Gary Sheffield talks in his book about the one pitcher he feared. Nolan Ryan. Because Ryan threw hard, threw angry, and he would hit you hard if you leaned over the plate just a bit. And then, if you were stupid like Robin Ventura and charged the mound, Nolan would kick your A$$.

    How can baseball people talk about these pitchers like they were so great, and so tough, and then suspend someone for brushing back Manny. Manny wasn't even that upset.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Posts
    4,455
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Baseball is such crap nowdays. Even on sportscenter, they kept going on about how wrong it was, blah blah blah.

    Baseball talks about it's history, about the great pitchers in the 50s, 60s, 70s. Like Gibson, and Koufax, and Drysadale. Those guys would put you on your A$$ in a second if you showboated. Shoot, Gary Sheffield talks in his book about the one pitcher he feared. Nolan Ryan. Because Ryan threw hard, threw angry, and he would hit you hard if you leaned over the plate just a bit. And then, if you were stupid like Robin Ventura and charged the mound, Nolan would kick your A$$.

    How can baseball people talk about these pitchers like they were so great, and so tough, and then suspend someone for brushing back Manny. Manny wasn't even that upset.
    that ventura/nolan match was great. i was like he is dumb enough to charge the mound..lol.

    all i am saying is if you are going to suspend one then you must suspend the other. i personally like the old days of baseball when you knew you were going to get a dinger for showboating. and also, back in the day, i dont think we had the showboating like we do nowadays.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,168
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    that ventura/nolan match was great. i was like he is dumb enough to charge the mound..lol.

    all i am saying is if you are going to suspend one then you must suspend the other. i personally like the old days of baseball when you knew you were going to get a dinger for showboating. and also, back in the day, i dont think we had the showboating like we do nowadays.
    If Manny took Nolan or any of the others deep, and stood there for 5 minutes like he does, they would have hurt him. There would have been no debate, "Maybe he was trying to send a message". The message would have been sent. And when Manny's double vision cleared up after a few weeks, I bet he would run out his next HR trot.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,672
    That's really terrible, the plus for the Yankees is that it keeps Farnsworth out of games.

  12. #12
    This really complete bull****. If it was one of our valuable pitchers in the pen, then I would be really pissed. It really isn't such a bad thing.

  13. #13
    There's a huge difference in that Farnsworth threw a fastball at the guys head. He could have seriously injured Manny Ramirez with that.

    There's absolutely no room in baseball for that and a message had to be sent there that it's unacceptable.

    Plus, Yankees fans should be happy, that's 3 less games of Farnsworth pitching and maybe 100,000 dollars less he's stealing from you

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    There's a huge difference in that Farnsworth threw a fastball at the guys head. He could have seriously injured Manny Ramirez with that.

    There's absolutely no room in baseball for that and a message had to be sent there that it's unacceptable.

    Plus, Yankees fans should be happy, that's 3 less games of Farnsworth pitching and maybe 100,000 dollars less he's stealing from you


    + 1.....The difference is Farnsworth threw at Manny's head and not only that but behind him....The usual reaction is to back away which would have brought his head directly in the path of the ball....Very dangerous pitch!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    + 1.....The difference is Farnsworth threw at Manny's head and not only that but behind him....The usual reaction is to back away which would have brought his head directly in the path of the ball....Very dangerous pitch!
    +2 Agree wholeheartedly. Glad to see some fair opinions here. Throwing BEHIND a guys head deserves a harsh penalty. He gets what he deserves.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Posts
    4,455
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    If Manny took Nolan or any of the others deep, and stood there for 5 minutes like he does, they would have hurt him. There would have been no debate, "Maybe he was trying to send a message". The message would have been sent. And when Manny's double vision cleared up after a few weeks, I bet he would run out his next HR trot.
    but that is the difference between baseball then and now. i think players back then had more respect for their opponents.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    If Manny took Nolan or any of the others deep, and stood there for 5 minutes like he does, they would have hurt him. There would have been no debate, "Maybe he was trying to send a message". The message would have been sent. And when Manny's double vision cleared up after a few weeks, I bet he would run out his next HR trot.
    A) It was a different era

    B) While Nolan would have hit him and caused him pain, he never would have thrown at the guys head.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    +2 Agree wholeheartedly. Glad to see some fair opinions here. Throwing BEHIND a guys head deserves a harsh penalty. He gets what he deserves.
    Yea not like sox guys bean A-Rod continuosly or throw up and in on Jeter n A-Rod every f'in series

  19. #19
    weird thing is Manny really didnt do his usual posing after each home run.

    I don't think Farnsworth would have gotten suspended had be plunked him in the ass. It's when it goes behind someone's head they almost have to.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    2,137
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    weird thing is Manny really didnt do his usual posing after each home run.

    I don't think Farnsworth would have gotten suspended had be plunked him in the ass. It's when it goes behind someone's head they almost have to.
    Let's see if they suspend the guy that threw behind Johnny Damon's head after he hit a HR.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us