Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CNN reporter faces drug charge after arrest in Central Park

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like

CNN reporter faces drug charge after arrest in Central Park

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/ap_on_en_tv/cnn_reporter_charged[/url]

[QUOTE]NEW YORK - A CNN reporter was arrested Friday in Central Park with a small amount of methamphetamine in his pocket, but he avoided jail time by agreeing to undergo drug counseling and therapy. ADVERTISEMENT

Richard Quest, 46, was arrested around 3:40 a.m. on a count of possession of a controlled substance — a misdemeanor that usually refers to a personal use amount of a drug. He was also charged with loitering; the park officially closes at 1 a.m.

When police saw and detained Quest, he told them, "I've got some meth in my pocket," according to the complaint filed in court. The complaint said he had a plastic sandwich bag containing methamphetamine in a jacket pocket.

Quest, who is British, is a correspondent for CNN International and is known for his reports on business travel. He hosts "CNN Business Traveler" and "Quest."

At his arraignment in Manhattan's Criminal Court, Judge Anthony Ferrara told Quest that if he attends the counseling and therapy designated by prosecutors for the next six months, his case will dismissed.

The judge allowed Quest to leave court without posting bail. He warned that if Quest failed to comply with the counseling schedule, he could be back in court and on his way to jail.

Quest's lawyer, Alan M. Abramson, said his client "did not realize the park had a curfew. He was returning to his hotel with friends."

CNN had no immediate comment on Quest's arrest.[/QUOTE]

It's always nice to know The Commie News Network hires upstanding, honorable people to report for them.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please be Anderson Cooper, please be Anderson Cooper....

Damn!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    More details in today's NY Post. Kinky guy here.

KINKY NEWS NETWORK
    CNN'S QUEST A VERY 'KNOTTY' BOY
    By DAREH GREGORIAN and PHILIP MESSING
    TYING ONE ON: CNN broadcaster Richard Quest was busted in the wee hours in Central Park yesterday [B][I]with a rope tied to his neck and genitals[/I][/B]. "I've got some meth in my pocket," he helpfully told the arresting officer.
    April 19, 2008 --

This is CNN? Kinky!

CNN personality Richard Quest was busted in Central Park early yesterday with some drugs in his pocket, a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals, and a sex toy in his boot, law-enforcement sources said.

Quest, 46, was arrested at around 3:40 a.m. after a cop spotted him and another man inside the park near 64th Street, a police source said.

The criminal complaint against Quest said the park was closed at the time - something Quest should have known because of all the signs saying "Park Closed 1 a.m. to 6 a.m."

Quest was initially busted for loitering, the source said. Aside from the oddly configured rope, the search also turned up a sex toy inside of his boot, and a small bag of methamphetamine in his left jacket pocket.

It wasn't immediately clear what the rope was for.

The criminal complaint says the officer at the scene was able to ID the drug because of "his prior experience as a police officer in drug arrests, observation of packaging which is characteristic of this type of drug, and defendant's statements that . . . 'I've got some meth in my pocket.' "

He was charged with loitering and criminal possession of a controlled substance. His unusual get-up didn't lead to a lewdness charge because he wasn't exposing himself, the police source said.

Quest's unidentified companion was given a summons for not carrying any identification, the source said.

Quest's lawyer, Alan Abramson, had a much more innocuous version of events.

"Mr. Quest didn't realize that the park had a curfew," Abramson said. He was simply "returning to his hotel with friends."

At a hearing in Manhattan Criminal Court, Quest agreed to undergo six months of drug counseling in return for an "adjournment in contemplation of dismissal," which means the misdemeanor charges against him will be dropped and the case sealed if he stays out of trouble and completes his drug program.

He was released with no bail after spending most of the day behind bars.

Abramson predicted after the hearing that "the case will be dismissed." He declined to answer questions.

Quest, known for his hollering antics and stunts on the cable news network and its international counterpart, declined comment, as did a CNN spokeswoman.

On his official CNN bio, the network calls him "one of the most instantly recognizable members of the CNN team."

"He has become one of the network's highest profile presenters," and his "dynamic and distinctive style has made him a unique figure in the field of business and news broadcasting," the network's Web site says.

He was reportedly once offered a position for the English-language version of the controversial Al Jazeera network, but said he turned it down because being gay and Jewish, he didn't think it would be a good fit.

Additional reporting by Adam Buckman
    [url]http://www.nypost.com/seven/04192008/news/regionalnews/kinky_news_networkcnns_quest_a_very_knot_107174.htm[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2489959]Please be Anderson Cooper, please be Anderson Cooper....

Damn![/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, that was great. I have him on ignore so I got to cross my fingers before I hit the View Post button to see who it was.

bandwagon
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2489951][url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/ap_on_en_tv/cnn_reporter_charged[/url]

It's always nice to know The Commie News Network hires upstanding, honorable people to report for them.[/QUOTE]

If cnn is the 'commie news network,' it's no wonder you regard fox news as fair and balanced.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2489951][url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/ap_on_en_tv/cnn_reporter_charged[/url]

It's always nice to know The Commie News Network hires upstanding, honorable people to report for them.[/QUOTE]

What happened to you as a child? What a sad charicature of Jim Crow era rationale.

Yes, blame the blacks and communists for everything!

You should lock yourself away in your own house. THey're all coming to GET you!

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2490100]What happened to you as a child? What a sad charicature of Jim Crow era rationale.

You should lock yourself away in your own house. THey're all coming to GET you![/QUOTE]

You're nuttier than squirrel sh*t....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=DeanPatsFan;2489951][URL]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/ap_on_en_tv/cnn_reporter_charged[/URL]

It's always nice to know The Commie News Network hires upstanding, honorable people to report for them.[/quote]

HMMMMM....Rush Limbaugh anyone? OXY for everyone!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2490130]You're nuttier than squirrel sh*t....[/QUOTE]

Yes, that seems to be your tired, default response. Unfortunately for your argument, you squawking it over and over again doesn't make it any more accurate.

When's the next Klan rally, Grand Wizard?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2490171]Yes, that seems to be your tired, default response. Unfortunately for your argument, you squawking it over and over again doesn't make it any more accurate.

When's the next Klan rally, Grand Wizard?[/QUOTE]

Speaking of redundancy.

You got anything else troofer?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=wellingtonfljet73;2490136]HMMMMM....Rush Limbaugh anyone? OXY for everyone![/QUOTE]

Uh, Rush Limbaugh isn't a reporter or a journalist. Neither is Bill O'Reilly, before you try that one too. Good guess, though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2490100]What happened to you as a child? What a sad charicature of Jim Crow era rationale.

You should lock yourself away in your own house. THey're all coming to GET you![/QUOTE]Didn't see him mention anything about blacks- projecting again I see. So you equate communists with blacks, interesting.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2490198]Speaking of redundancy.

You got anything else troofer?[/QUOTE]

You mean besides reminding the forum that you're a vile, insecure racist mired in 1950s McCarthyist paranoia?

Well, yes... plenty more... And I've yet to see you attempt to refute any of it. Mainly because you're incapable.

Tell us all... was it the communists at CNN who gave goofy Glenn Beck a prime timeslot? Was the military negotiating with communists when they instituted their embeddance program with CNN? Were communists shielding the public from images of the carnage?
    Last edited by Press_Coverage; 04-19-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2490223]Didn't see him mention anything about blacks- projecting again I see. So you equate communists with blacks, interesting.[/QUOTE]

You've never seen him present anti-black threads, ad nauseum? It's his M.O. -- "down with blacks; liberals are communists."

What a selective bit of memory you have there, McMahon.
    Last edited by Press_Coverage; 04-19-2008 at 06:07 PM.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2490231]You've never seen him present anti-black threads, ad nauseum? It's his M.O. -- down with blacks; liberals are communists.

What a selective bit of memory you have there, McMahon.[/QUOTE]

Ok asstard, show one thread where I put down black people.

Just like all the other sh*t you spew, you have nothing to back it up.

You're a fuqin' joke.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2490248]Ok asstard, show one thread where I put down black people.

Just like all the other sh*t you spew, you have nothing to back it up.

You're a fuqin' joke.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's just subtle enough to avoid punishment, and you hide behind semantics, as most racists do.

But it's clear as day to anyone reading here. The countless claims of "reverse racism," comments about "unwashed" or "unclean" savages, the endless outrage over vocal black leaders or celebs, and the apologies (or avoidance) over whites who do the exact same, the rinse-repeat anti-Obama threads, and on and on and on.

You're not fooling anyone, Gov. Wallace.
    Last edited by Press_Coverage; 04-19-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Business travel reporter is a meth head freak. Who would of thunk it, thank goodness he works for CNN.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2490259]The countless claims of "reverse racism,"[/QUOTE]

Yes. I among others think affirmative action is reverse racism.

[quote]comments about "unwashed" or "unclean" savages,[/QUOTE]

Most of the hordes marching in the streets chanting death to America are unwashed uncleaned savages. But I'm referring to muslims, not a race. You get no apologies from me.

[quote]the endless outrage over vocal black leaders or celebs, and the apologies (or avoidance) over whites who do the exact same, the rinse-repeat anti-Obama threads, and on and on and on.[/QUOTE]

I don't express outrage over whites doing the same thing?
    You must be the blindest sonofab*tch on this forum.

I don't subscribe to the PC liberal nonsense. If that makes me a racist in your eyes. So be it. :zzz:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2490231]You've never seen him present anti-black threads, ad nauseum? It's his M.O. -- "down with blacks; liberals are communists."

[/QUOTE]

So you're complaint has nothing to do with [B]this[/B] thread, you just thought this would be a golden opportunity to call another poster a racist? A ridiculous charge which is completely unfounded, by the way.

I guess you missed this thread: [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161038[/url]

You need to be banned.

Practice Squad
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL by way of Brentwood, New York.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Republicans are funny! They live by the motto do as I say not as I do. They criticized Clinton for cheatin but most of them cheat. They criticized Clinton for lieing but our president lies just about every time he gives any kind of statement.They tell you being gay is bad and then you find them having gay sex in bathrooms.They tell you to engage in fair politics and then you find out about Watergate. They tell you Fox news is fair and balance and we all know that's a bunch of BS!