Thread: David Wright

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

David Wright

No he' only such and such years old, etc, etc.....the guy gets better each and every year.
    Superstar already at 25 and the skys the limit. Leading the NL in RBI's while slugging .719.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the guy is extremely talented. but his ceiling isn't quite as high as cano's. cano has an ability to dominate for stretches that wright can only dream of.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    the guy is extremely talented. but his ceiling isn't quite as high as cano's. cano has an ability to dominate for stretches that wright can only dream of.
    Yes and Cano plays a much more valuable position.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Yes and Cano plays a much more valuable position.

there's not really much of an argument. cano's value is just higher than david wright's. no slight to wright here, but a fact is a fact.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's not really much of an argument. cano's value is just higher than david wright's. no slight to wright here, but a fact is a fact.

True and Cano is more "homegrown" than David is.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    True and Cano is more "homegrown" than David is.

if i were omar i'd see if we could dupe the yanks into trading wright for cano straight up. if not maybe we could throw in perez to even it up a bit....cano is just so valuable, it would be a big improvement if we could pull off a trade for him to man second for us. i'm not too worried about the hole we might leave at 3rd and in our rotation....good hitting 3rd basemen are alot easier to come by, and if we have to give up perez, well there's more quality starting pitching to be had than a second baseman of cano's immense value.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    if i were omar i'd see if we could dupe the yanks into trading wright for cano straight up. if not maybe we could throw in perez to even it up a bit....cano is just so valuable, it would be a big improvement if we could pull off a trade for him to man second for us. i'm not too worried about the hole we might leave at 3rd and in our rotation....good hitting 3rd basemen are alot easier to come by, and if we have to give up perez, well there's more quality starting pitching to be had than a second baseman of cano's immense value.
    Not sure Perez would do it with the depth of the Yankee rotation. Not to mention that per our panel of experts they have about 10 or 20 more young power arms in their system. Besides, Perez could never pitch in the big bad AL East.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure Perez would do it with the depth of the Yankee rotation. Not to mention that per our panel of experts they have about 10 or 20 more young power arms in their system. Besides, Perez could never pitch in the big bad AL East.

that's right. i forgot about the 5-10 arms in the yankees system who project as staff aces. man, i'm not sure we have anything worthy to offer the yanks for cano. maybe they'd take wright and johan.....of course we'd have to offer to pay half of their salaries as well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, just look how the Yankees manhandled Perez last year....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    I agree, just look how the Yankees manhandled Perez last year....
    Excellent point I forgot about his dismal 2-0 record with a 1.20 ERA against the Yanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best thread ever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Best thread ever.
    or the dumbest

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

It took me to this post to be 100% sure that this thread was a joke

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky24 View Post
    It took me to this post to be 100% sure that this thread was a joke

it's not entirely a joke. it's main statements are derived directly from statements made by our yankees fan residents.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's not entirely a joke. it's main statements are derived directly from statements made by our yankees fan residents.
    do you want to point anyone out in particular

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    do you want to point anyone out in particular

lol, the cano vs. wright ceiling thing came from green jets and ham.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, the cano vs. wright ceiling thing came from green jets and ham.
    GJ&H has said some questionable things in his time. I personally believe he is a bit reactionary.

Anyways, DW is my NL MVP choice, you can look at the predictions thread to double check that!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    GJ&H has said some questionable things in his time. I personally believe he is a bit reactionary.

Anyways, DW is my NL MVP choice, you can look at the predictions thread to double check that!

no not him......