Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Am I taking a risk?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Am I taking a risk?

Ok, im heading to Philly tonight for Sunday Night Baseball they are versing my Mets. Im heading there with 8 people who will be dressed to the gills with Mets: Jerseys, jackets,shirt and hats.

I know Philly fans have a bad rep of being savage. But it it really that bad? To add to it im second row behind home plater in the 300's... gives people room to throw **** down.

If I cheer like I would at a Mets home game, will I get into a fight most likely? Or just normal jabbering back and forth..

Wish me luck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get to carried away with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post

I know Philly fans have a bad rep of being savage.
    Not true I have never been a Philly fan..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETSfan0922 View Post
    Don't get to carried away with it.
    Like starting a Let's go Mets chant if we're up would be bad?

I'm going to cheer, I don't know what is over board to you..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ive been to philly many times...baseball games are fine. Football games another story....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, im heading to Philly tonight for Sunday Night Baseball they are versing my Mets. Im heading there with 8 people who will be dressed to the gills with Mets: Jerseys, jackets,shirt and hats.

I know Philly fans have a bad rep of being savage. But it it really that bad? To add to it im second row behind home plater in the 300's... gives people room to throw **** down.

If I cheer like I would at a Mets home game, will I get into a fight most likely? Or just normal jabbering back and forth..

Wish me luck.
    What the hell does "versing" mean?

Caught a little bit of the Mets/Phils game yesterday, and it looked like half the stadium was Mets fans.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just stay away from the Mens room near section 127, I can't say why, but just trust me on this one.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What the hell does "versing" mean?

Caught a little bit of the Mets/Phils game yesterday, and it looked like half the stadium was Mets fans.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=versing

Urban baby, urban.

EY tell more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you're not doing gay things like asking people if you're taking a risk after you're already there decked out in the sh-t, you should be fine.

And by gay, I mean the opposite of straight.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually you are taking a risk, depending on how much you and the guys your with stick up for yourselves. Last sporting event I saw there me and a buddy got jumped by a bunch of Flyers fans because the Rangers beat them (He was a Rangers fan, me a Devils fan). They were trashing my buddy with the Rangers jersey on and we went back at them pretty hard

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rumor has it that a young mets fan such as yourself might find himself in some trouble there... that's all I'll say on the subject.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    As long as you're not doing gay things like asking people if you're taking a risk after you're already there decked out in the sh-t, you should be fine.

haha ... yeah, I have been there before for a Brewers game the year after the stadium Opened.

I went just to check it out... it's beautiful... I plan on walking all over it before the game, I did last timer but that was 3 years ago. Kind want to get a feel for Citifield.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EY View Post
    Rumor has it that a young mets fan such as yourself might find himself in some trouble there... that's all I'll say on the subject.
    Is that the mens room where they keep AKF?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Actually you are taking a risk, depending on how much you and the guys your with stick up for yourselves. Last sporting event I saw there me and a buddy got jumped by a bunch of Flyers fans because the Rangers beat them (He was a Rangers fan, me a Devils fan). They were trashing my buddy with the Rangers jersey on and we went back at them pretty hard
    Out of the 8 it will be 5 kids me included ages 17-20 and my cousin's gf.. she can pull hair, and my Uncle and his friend..

Don't worry, we can handle ourselves. But I can' believe that happened.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, don't worry about it. From what I hear the new stadium is not as bad as the old Vet was when it came to vicious fans. And that goes for both the Eagles and the Phils.

They have a nice ballpark now with no jail. I wouldn't expect too much trouble.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Kleck is right. Wear your gear but mind your manners.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out of the 8 it will be 5 kids me included ages 17-20 and my cousin's gf.. she can pull hair, and my Uncle and his friend..

Don't worry, we can handle ourselves. But I can' believe that happened.
    It wouldn't have happened had we not gave it back and rubbed it in. At the time, the Devils were in first and the Rangers had just beat them so when they started busting our balls because of the Rangers jersey we fired back hard and basically didn't relent. It took awhile for it to escalate honestly, they were parked in the 2 cars next to us and we were all drinking after the game..

(also, this was like 10 years ago)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post

I was at the University of Virginia on Friday, and I saw a guy wearing your avatar as a T-shirt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like starting a Let's go Mets chant if we're up would be bad?

I'm going to cheer, I don't know what is over board to you..
    We cheer down here when the Mets play the Marlins. We overwhelm them too! I don't know what the percentage of Mets fans that attends and it might be different there!

As far as the rowdiness of the fans there, they actually cheered when Reyes got hurt and booed when the trainer was taking too much time making sure Reyes was able to play. I think that should tell you something.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSFJFC View Post
    We cheer down here when the Mets play the Marlins. We overwhelm them too! I don't know what the percentage of Mets fans that attends and it might be different there!

As far as the rowdiness of the fans there, they actually cheered when Reyes got hurt and booed when the trainer was taking too much time making sure Reyes was able to play. I think that should tell you something.
    Well Marlins games suck ass. Mets fans ALWAYS are out in full force.