Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What The **** Is Girardi Doing?

What The **** Is Girardi Doing?

Why the hell is Mo in this game? It's 7-1 and it pouring!

I guess it is because he hasn't pitched in almost a week, but a little wierd

Hall Of Fame
    What the hell is Mo there for? I just don't get it.

Luckily the umps called the game before Mo threw a pitch, but really, I can't believe Girardi even thought about sending Mo out there in the 9th.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Luckily the umps called the game before Mo threw a pitch, but really, I can't believe Girardi even thought about sending Mo out there in the 9th.
    Without it pouring i can buy it. With it poring and a 7-1 lead, that's just Joe Torre managing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Without it pouring i can buy it. With it poring and a 7-1 lead, that's just Joe Torre managing...
    I don't think Torre has ever done anything like that.

This idea that he needs work is one thing, but on a soaked mound? Is it really worth it? I agree with Michael Kay on this one; it's not worth the risk. God forbid Rivera gets hurt because he loses his footing on the mound.

It's only been 20 games, but I haven't seen anything added by Girardi's game strategy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    This idea that he needs work is one thing, but on a soaked mound? Is it really worth it? I agree with Michael Kay on this one; it's not worth the risk. God forbid Rivera gets hurt because he loses his footing on the mound.

It's only been 20 games, but I haven't seen anything added by Girardi's game strategy yet.

Or his no nonsense training camp. I'm sure Joe Torre has a smile when he sees all the various injuries. The most overrated , overhyped Manager in recent history is Girardi.

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    [/B]

Or his no nonsense training camp. I'm sure Joe has a smile when he sees all the various injuries. The most overrated , overhyped Manager in recent history.
    Baseball is a game of quick bursts and quick stops. Injuries like a "strained quad" are bound to happen. To think these injuries have anything to do with Girardi being the manager is asinine. Jeter and A-Rod are pretty much in the lineup every single day, every year. Especially A-Rod, who is a work out freak.

And I believe he was only hyped in your head. He has big shoes to fill.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-20-2008 at 05:56 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    [/B]

Or his no nonsense training camp. I'm sure Joe Torre has a smile when he sees all the various injuries. The most overrated , overhyped Manager in recent history is Girardi.
    Well there was lots of talk about how his tougher training camp would help them get off to a better start and that they players look so much better than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Well there was lots of talk about how his tougher training camp would help them get off to a better start and that they players look so much better than last year.
    Abreu and Matsui look 10x better than the start of last season.

Cano (Seems to be a slow starter) Damon.. not so much.

It is not just the Yankee that have these nagging injuries every team seems to have something. I don't remember there ever being so many annoying injuries at the start of a season before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrud View Post
    It is not just the Yankee that have these nagging injuries every team seems to have something. I don't remember there ever being so many annoying injuries at the start of a season before.
    I blame the Bush administration.

Hall Of Fame
    Really reminding me of when we lost Sheffield and Matsui for long spans. I really hope Arod is all right.

And compared to last year, they are off to a better start, and that includes a crazy schedule to start the year.

It's the first couple of weeks, I've seen plenty that I've liked from Girardi, the problem the last couple of years is that Torre started babying some of the players, that is why they were out of shape, you don't see that this year, the Jeter and A-Rod injuries aren't a result of poor conditioning.

What is wrong with pithcing Rivera, he hasn't pitched in a week, do you really think if the mound wasn't playable, Mo would have gone on with it?

We need to be patient, let Hughes and Kennedy settle in, the growing pains were to be expected, nothing has changed.

Hall Of Fame
    Well there was lots of talk about how his tougher training camp would help them get off to a better start ...
    Its admittedly been pretty ugly at times, but, in fact, this team has had a better 20 games start than the 2004, 2005 and 2007 Yankees teams.

I hate to say it, but this is what happens when everyone come off steroids at the same time. I worked in a meathead gym a few years back and almost all of them had injuries when they came off of a cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    I hate to say it, but this is what happens when everyone come off steroids at the same time. I worked in a meathead gym a few years back and almost all of them had injuries when they came off of a cycle.
    Yeah you can totally tell Jeter is not on steroids now.

Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    Your boy Mac Danzig looked pretty good last night

The guy hasn't pitched in a week and I'm sure Mo made it known he'd like to get a game in today. Mo isn't dumb enough to pitch if he was worried that he would risk injury. It really wasn't a big deal.