Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Phillies fans asked for it.

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,091
    Post Thanks / Like

    Phillies fans asked for it.

    Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday for the first time in his eight-year career because of a sprained left ankle.
    That's karma they get for cheering when Reyes got injured. Also since he PH like 10 times including yesterday, it's not retroactive.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    That's karma they get for cheering when Reyes got injured. Also since he PH like 10 times including yesterday, it's not retroactive.
    LOL... Is this thread a joke? Where is the Mets fans karma when they cheered was Lastings got beamed.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    LOL... Is this thread a joke? Where is the Mets fans karma when they cheered was Lastings got beamed.
    What does that have to do with this? And for the record, I like Lastings Milledge.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    What does that have to do with this? And for the record, I like Lastings Milledge.
    Reason tells me that Rollins injury has nothing to do with the fans booing after Reyes injury.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Reason tells me that Rollins injury has nothing to do with the fans booing after Reyes injury.
    Especially since he was first hurt like a week ago.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrud View Post
    Especially since he was first hurt like a week ago.
    LOL, that I wasn't aware of.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rollins replacement robs Beltran of a game tying hit.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Rollins replacement robs Beltran of a game tying hit.
    He also single handedly gave the Mets the game a few weeks back.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    He also single handedly gave the Mets the game a few weeks back.
    Shhhh


  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Rollins replacement robs Beltran of a game tying hit.
    we deserved that

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Rollins replacement robs Beltran of a game tying hit.
    That's karma for JV51 starting this thread.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    1,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    who cares. We took the series.
    I was at the game on thursday. Phillies fans are douchebags!!
    But the female fans are hooooot!!!

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    1,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    LOL... Is this thread a joke? Where is the Mets fans karma when they cheered was Lastings got beamed.
    also, is that english? Learn to type.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetscc26 View Post
    who cares. We took the series.
    I was at the game on thursday. Phillies fans are douchebags!!
    But the female fans are hooooot!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jetscc26 View Post
    also, is that english? Learn to type.

    -The day Thursday and language English is capitalized

    -The first word of all sentences should be capitalized

    -Douche bag is one word, not two, and hoooot is not a word

    -You should only use one explanation mark

    Did you not take an English course in North Massapequa?

    If you are you are going to critique my posts, make sure yours has proper spelling and grammar.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-21-2008 at 12:09 AM.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    1,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    -The day Thursday and language English is capitalized

    -The first word of all sentences should be capitalized

    -Douche bag is one word, not two, and hoooot is not a word

    -You should only use one explanation mark

    Did you not take an English course in North Massapequa?

    If you are you are going to critique my posts, make sure yours has proper spelling and grammar.
    how long did it take you to type that brilliant post? Must have been so hard for you.
    Since when did Yankee fans start being the proud defender of the Phillies and their fans. Admit it, your a Mets hater. Admit it. No big deal.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetscc26 View Post
    how long did it take you to type that brilliant post? Must have been so hard for you.
    Since when did Yankee fans start being the proud defender of the Phillies and their fans. Admit it, your a Mets hater. Admit it. No big deal.
    Not at all, I just think it's pretty silly to think Rollins is on the DL because of the Philly fans booing Reyes when he got injured.

    By the way, there is a huge number of Mets fans who root for the Red Sox, simply because of their hate for the Yankees. You see a lot of that on this board, and others. Some Mets fans sleep with the devil.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Not at all, I just think it's pretty silly to think Rollins is on the DL because of the Philly fans booing Reyes when he got injured.

    By the way, there is a huge number of Mets fans who root for the Red Sox, simply because of their hate for the Yankees. You see a lot of that on this board, and others. Some Mets fans sleep with the devil.
    Used to be me. However living in Boston for the past 4 years has made me loather the Red Sox much more than the Yanks.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's more of irony then anything else. Your problem is you take stuff too literally and you always find yourself in an argument or something. No wonder you got owned on Refugees, by a fellow yankees fan.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    It's more of irony then anything else. Your problem is you take stuff too literally and you always find yourself in an argument or something. No wonder you got owned on Refugees, by a fellow yankees fan.
    Really? This thread was sarcasm? Well you didn't make that clear at all.

    By the way was it you that posted "I hope Philadelphia blows up" threads at MR?

    Also when I say there are some Mets fans who root for the Sox, simply because of their hate for the Yanks, well I'm talking about you.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-21-2008 at 12:29 PM.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    1,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Not at all, I just think it's pretty silly to think Rollins is on the DL because of the Philly fans booing Reyes when he got injured.

    By the way, there is a huge number of Mets fans who root for the Red Sox, simply because of their hate for the Yankees. You see a lot of that on this board, and others. Some Mets fans sleep with the devil.
    I actually have some friends that are Mets fans and root for the Red Sox. One of them went to school in Boston so he has an excuse but the other ones really don't. I wouldn't see why you would root for the Red Sox. I have no feelings for the Red Sox whatsoever. As for the Yankees, its not really so much the team......its more so the fans. Just obnoxious in my opinion. Thinking their **** doesn't stink. I shouldn't say they are ALL like that, but a good majority are I feel.
    The thing that did it for me with the Yankee fans was when the Mets were playing Game 7 in the NLCS against St. Louis. I was at a bar watching the game, and there across the bar, were Yankee fans just rooting against the Mets for no reason. They just wanted them to lose, and they were so pompous and obnoxious about it, it was disgusting.
    Then CBelt strikes out looking, and they were just going crazy, yelling out "the world can finally go back to normal now...bah bah bah bah!!"
    Such douchebags they were. Who goes to a bar just to root against a team they don't even like. They had nothing better to do.
    So you say Mets suddenly become Red Sox fans.......well Yankees fans become fans of whoever the Mets are playing that day...especially the playoffs.
    Anyway, so its really the fans that annoy more than the team.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us