View Poll Results: Which Way Do You Lean Politically?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I lean more towards the Conservative Side.

28 53.85%
  • I lean more towards the Liberal Side.

15 28.85%
  • I am a Moderate, I do not lean to either side or have 50/50 split views.

9 17.31%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Which Way Do You Lean Politically?

Poll: Which Way Do You Lean Politically?

A Self-Evaluation Poll.

Three Choices:

1. Lean More Conservative

2. Lean More Liberal

3. I am a Moderate, I do not lean either way.

Since this was called into question (many claim this board leans heavily right), I figured it'd be interesting to see how accurate that claim is, based on our own opinions of ourselves and our viewpoints.

I vote for this board leans heavily right.

#1, but the USA as a whole comes first!

I'm a moderate, but I tend to lean towards the conservative side in terms of economy, taxes, healthcare, social security, affirmative action and to some extent abortion. Other social issues, I tend to lean liberal.

[QUOTE=Big Blocker;2492984]I vote for this board leans heavily right.[/QUOTE]

Thats not the question. The question is which way do YOU lean.

Hall Of Fame

Don't think so- there are plenty of liberal posters here. Start a tally and you will see.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2493026]Don't think so- there are plenty of liberal posters here. Start a tally and you will see.[/QUOTE]

*cough* Um....HD......thats what this Poll is bro.......*cough*

:P

[QUOTE=Warfish;2492997]Thats not the question. The question is which way do YOU lean.[/QUOTE]

I was just trying to be amusing.

Actually, I guess I tend to be more liberal than not, but not about everything.

I am not for gay marriage, for example. Certainly not having the courts force it down the throats of the state legislatures.

I am also very concerned about Iran, even more so since W screwed up Iraq so much.

I am very pro-Israel, which some on the left, assumedly not familiar with Marx's analysis of the lumpenproletariat (meaning the Palestinians) are reflexively against.

I also read something last week that confirmed I am no longer opposed to nuclear power, although I still have some issues with the siting of Indian Point.

I also think BOTH Obama and Hillary are awful. About as awful as McCain.

But....

While I think civil liberties deserve protection, much of what passes for libertarianism these days seems immature, solipsistic even, and not particularly illuminating.

The corporate interests clearly have far too much control over the course of our society and government.

Income inequality is increasing and corrosive.

After GOP control of our government, most people are worse off the last several years.

I don't get how one's personal opposition to abortion means that when the majority disagree with you, you still think it should be against the law. But I do think that society in general right now is far too anti-religious.

So, you tell me where I belong.

Ftr I know you would say liberal. Whatever...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2493029]*cough* Um....HD......thats what this Poll is bro.......*cough*

:P[/QUOTE]
    I think it is just that there are some vocal conservatives here who's arguments are inadequately refuted by the lefties that may give some who look at the board through glasses provided by Mother Jones that give the impression that the board is slanted right.
    These same people also refuse to admit liberal bias in the MSM. Enough said.:yes:
    For the record I consider myself a tad more on the conservative side.;)

Warfish, you didn't vote in your own poll ;)

Because of the curropt nature of power I no longer believe in the concept of a socially just society ruled by a benovolant democracy. I believe in myself and my fellow citizens to govern themselves.

[QUOTE=Big Blocker;2493032]I was just trying to be amusing.[/quote]

I'm sure you were.

[QUOTE=Big Blocker;2493032]I guess I tend to be more liberal than not

So, you tell me where I belong.[/QUOTE]

Seems you've already told yourself. Considering your earlier deep support of John Edwards, and your posting history here, I would tend to agree with you on your self-evaluation.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=49ersJetsfan;2492996]I'm a moderate, but I tend to lean towards the conservative side in terms of economy, taxes, healthcare, social security, affirmative action and to some extent abortion. Other social issues, I tend to lean liberal.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2493045]I'm sure you were.

Seems you've already told yourself. Considering your earlier deep support of John Edwards, and your posting history here, I would tend to agree with you on your self-evaluation.[/QUOTE]

Well, sorry you didn't get the joke.

Anyway, I don't feel I am a party liner when it comes to my politics. That's all I was saying. I don't think that makes me special, but it does seem that you can come across party liners more than I would prefer.

Interesting thing about Edwards, btw. Notice how since he left the race, there has not been a single new policy idea to come out of the two remaining candidates? Imo, that's one reason they have lost their way, but they can't just wait til Edwards comes up with something they can me too about.

I thought Edwards could be transformative. It was worth pursuing. I don't think the others are. Meanwhile McCain has promised to eliminate the AMT. I will probably stay in bed in election day.

[QUOTE=Big Blocker;2493059]Well, sorry you didn't get the joke.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you are. I have to admit, I did not get it.

Maybe you could explain it to me, so I can understand why it was funny in the context of this thread?

[QUOTE=Warfish;2493076]I'm sure you are. I have to admit, I did not get it.

Maybe you could explain it to me, so I can understand why it was funny in the context of this thread?[/QUOTE]

The issue is not how people will vote in response to your poll. You don't need a poll to know these boards lean right.

It is funny that you would start a poll to "show" the board does not lean right, and lo and behold a right winger like HD chimes in he's not really one.

I think it amusing we are not supposed to notice.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Big Blocker;2493093]The issue is not how people will vote in response to your poll. You don't need a poll to know these boards lean right.

[B]It is funny that you would start a poll to "show" the board does not lean right, and lo and behold a right winger like HD chimes in he's not really one[/B].

I think it amusing we are not supposed to notice.[/QUOTE]

I did say I was a tad conservative- what did you miss?

There's really no doubt about it.

[QUOTE=Big Blocker;2493093]The issue is not how people will vote in response to your poll. You don't need a poll to know these boards lean right.

It is funny that you would start a poll to "show" the board does not lean right, and lo and behold a right winger like HD chimes in he's not really one.

I think it amusing we are not supposed to notice.[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, I think we would quite easily notice if someone regular or semi-regular tried (or voted) differently that they post. Your example of HD clearly shows that fact (although in fairness to HD he did say he leans right, and I believe he voted that way).

You seem to assume that many here will outright lie, in an attempt to hide the boards "bias". I suppose I just disagree with that, I think most folks will vote what they think they are, and will be pretty accurate. And I think anyone who did lie would be called out on it (for example, if CBTNY votes "Liberal").

And just for the record, I'm not trying to show anything. You (and honestly, many before you) have made the claim that the board leans right. I happen to think it's closer to an even split than the righty-domination you imply, but I am certainly open to being proven wrong. Hence asking.

I think the best way to check is to ask, don't you think? In general I trust the honesty of our posters on such a question (and thus far I don't see any votes that would lead me to believe otherwise). If you have a better easier way, I am all ears.

If nothing else, like all things in here, it may provide an interesting diversion and discussion.

Veteran
    clinton 08