Thread: 60 Minutes on Afganistan and the Taliban

Hall Of Fame

60 Minutes on Afganistan and the Taliban

Did anyone watch this show last night ? I would like to hear the reactions of some of you on this. Our own Green Berets have stated that the Taliban have begun taking over a large portion of southern Afganistan. 2 members of that special forces unit were killed and the others barely got out.

Its pretty obvious now that the Taliban fled to Pakistan to aviod us when we first went in there but now there running rampant again. Are the lives we spent trying to liberate that country from those animals all wasted now ? Why is this not a bigger issue ? Have we botched this war on terror so bad there is no turning back ?

This is a disgrace to the soliders who gave thir lives and continue too.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Smashmouth;2493984]Did anyone watch this show last night ? I would like to hear the reactions of some of you on this. Our own Green Berets have stated that the Taliban have begun taking over a large portion of southern Afganistan. 2 members of that special forces unit were killed and the others barely got out.

Its pretty obvious now that the Taliban fled to Pakistan to aviod us when we first went in there but now there running rampant again. Are the lives we spent trying to liberate that country from those animals all wasted now ? Why is this not a bigger issue ? Have we botched this war on terror so bad there is no turning back ?

This is a disgrace to the soliders who gave thir lives and continue too.[/QUOTE]

I saw the same show and was appalled . But of course we have to be in Iraq permanently with permanent bases being built because Israel Is terrified of Iran. Even though Israel Is the 4th ranked military power in the world they want to make sure Iran never gets a seat at the table. So once again we are Israels owner and they are our little lap dog's yapping at our heel's, When will it end

Hall Of Fame
    wow amazing one response. 10 of our green berets come forward to tell the country that the Taliban has moved back in and threatens to take over southerna afgnistan and one person responds ?? The taliban these are the guys we said claimed original responsibility for harboring suspected 9-11 mastermind Osama Bin Laden !!!! WTF is going on here ? Is this a war on terror ??? DAMMIT. Where is the war on Terror ? Or are we just in Iraq (who had NOTHING to do with 9-11) for stratigic purposes and alterior motives. If we keep spitting in the faces of the people who lost kids in this so called "war on terror" how in the hell do the people pushing for it expect to get support ?

Lets see now.

1. We get attacked on 9-11
    2. We figure out its Osama Bin Laden not because he admitted it but becuase he agreed with the attacks. So becuase he agreed he must have done the deed. (shameless Johnny Cochran Rhyme there :eek: )
    3. We figure out the Taliban (of Afganistan is harboring him and is a huge player in Al Queada)
    4. There is a report ME terrorists can infiltrate the country through our porus borders.
    5. NOTHING is done to secure our borders at all. hummmmmm
    6. We attack Afganistan and the Taliban Flee into Pakistan ( a country thats supposed to be our ally)
    7. Pakistan does nothing and our Gov't and Rumsfeld do nothing to make us aware this is happening. We here it through various media outlets around the globe.
    8. We then decide to attack Iraq After Saddam insists he has no WMD's
    9. We are 100 % positive he has them and we HAVE PICTURES OF THEM right in Colin Powells pocket . (Ok at this point its becoming laughable.)
    10. Shock and Awe . The USA is now in the PREMPTIVE STRIKE BUSINESS we now attack countries with NO provication.
    a. haliburton gets no bid contracts
    b. bush declares "Mission Accomplished" Who Knew ? What a joyus time . Bush finally gets to wear that flight suit he so dreamed about as a kid. Just never got the chance to do it while he was AWOL.
    11. Iraqi Soliders (especially radical ones ) Scatter into the general Populace to attack us as insugents, of course the brilliant planners of the war did not see this coming.
    12 We find Saddam but NO WMD"s . This was supposed to be a war to find WMD's BUT NOW its the "Free the Iraqi people War" Amazing how names of wars can change 3 times during the same war.

13. Insurgents begin killing our soliders on a daily basis. Still no WMD's
    14. Colin Powell and alot of others in the administration RUN FOR THE HILLS. Some come out and say the war was a mistake from the beginning.
    15. Bush "we dont care about Osama" Hummmmm
    16. Bush "Iran is next" We have intel that says they can build a bomb within a few years. Others say they are no where close to building it.
    17. Still no WMD's. umm Wheres the war on Terror ?
    18. Afganistan (where the so called terrorists are being harbored) is no longer the issue its not even mentioned anymore. Our focus is on Iraq and Iran.
    19. Borders still not secured. I guess theres nothing to worry about. This part of the whole mess really makes you think, "is there any worry about terrorists at all ?" We all know the borders are a possible threat but nothing gets done?? is this the smoking gun that maybe things are not as they seem ? I mean is our Gov't and intel really this stupid or do they know there really is nothing to fear at all.
    20. Taliban (you know the guys I mentioned at #3) are taking control of Afganistan once again. So much so they over run our Elite Special forces unit kill 2 of them and Nothing is said intil we have to hear it on 60 minutes. You know that horrible liberal news show that reports whats going on ? How dare they ? Those un american bastards!!!! :rolleyes:
    21. Still no WMD's
    22. How much stupider can this entire situation become ? What is the real truth about whats going on ?

All Pro
    Are you seriously surprised by this?
    Not only is it a GREAT possibility that the Taliban will have a stronghold in Afghanistan once again, but IMO, there is NO DOUBT that when the troops pull out of Iraq, lets just say we would be lucky to have Sadaam back in power. Crazy I guess, but these tribes HATE each other. Shiite's.... Sunni's....Kurds......They would all rather be dead than live amongst each other in peace. There may be 10% of the overall population that WANTS peace, but IMO, the other 90% are just waiting for the troop pullout so the REAL war amongst them can begin.

All this money, all these lives, and we are going to have NOTHING to show for it. This is a pretty radical thing im about to say, but IMO, we should just STAY there, and take ALL the oil in Iraq. We should make it our mid-east territory and eliminate our oil concerns for the next 40 years. They hate us anyways, so lets just quit the "nice guy" approach.

I will respond. What is happening in Pakistan and Afghanistan is a disgrace. It makes it impossible for me to understand how people voted for Bush in 2004because he was strong on National Security. By going into Iraq and paying less attention to the Al Queda that attacked us in Paki, and Afg. we are much less safe. Our own govt NIE has said that AQ is back to prewar stregnth again. McCain is more of the same on this. He actually thinks that AQ in Iraq, which is a small part of the insurgency seems to need more of our attention.

Obama who the pundints say does not have the same experience and knowledge of the situation as McCain has been right on top of this issue and been absolutely correct in his analyses. With the surge in Iraq our armed forces are incapable of doing anything in this region even if we wanted to. Now we are recruiting convicted felons at a high rate into the military because we are stretched so thin.

What a disaster this administration has been in this regard. Bush grabbing the megaphone at Ground Zero after 9/11 was called the defining moment of his Presidency and turned out to be a complete lie that we will get those responsible for this attack.

Oh by the way Radu you are just full of it how we are in Iraq to protect Israel and Israel doesn't care about Afg. and Paki. This is just more evidence that your apology was a joke. Everything that happens to us is Israel's fault.:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;2495257]Are you seriously surprised by this?
    Not only is it a GREAT possibility that the Taliban will have a stronghold in Afghanistan once again, but IMO, there is NO DOUBT that when the troops pull out of Iraq, lets just say we would be lucky to have Sadaam back in power. Crazy I guess, but these tribes HATE each other. Shiite's.... Sunni's....Kurds......They would all rather be dead than live amongst each other in peace. There may be 10% of the overall population that WANTS peace, but IMO, the other 90% are just waiting for the troop pullout so the REAL war amongst them can begin.

All this money, all these lives, and we are going to have NOTHING to show for it. This is a pretty radical thing im about to say, but IMO, we should just STAY there, and take ALL the oil in Iraq. We should make it our mid-east territory and eliminate our oil concerns for the next 40 years. They hate us anyways, so lets just quit the "nice guy" approach.[/QUOTE]

sd ,

Im not surprised at all in fact i think the whole mess makes this country look like a bunch of Idiots and to be honest Im damn sick of that. How dare they claim people aganist the war are anti american and then the results obviously show this entire war on terror is not only a joke but probably does not even exist in the context we are made to believe it does. That may sound a bit extremist in its own regard but how do you explain open borders ? and the new Taliban take over ? Who in the hell are we protecting in this country if we have open borders ? If terrorists wanted too they have a free ticket right now to come in this country and wreak havoc. For all we know there is some master plan going on by the so called terrorists as we speak. Is this the way a responsible Gov't works ? Am I asking for too much to use some god damn common sense ?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Smashmouth;2495506]sd ,

Im not surprised at all in fact i think the whole mess makes this country look like a bunch of Idiots and to be honest Im damn sick of that. How dare they claim people aganist the war are anti american and then the results obviously show this entire war on terror is not only a joke but probably does not even exist in the context we are made to believe it does. That may sound a bit extremist in its own regard but how do you explain open borders ? and the new Taliban take over ? Who in the hell are we protecting in this country if we have open borders ? If terrorists wanted too they have a free ticket right now to come in this country and wreak havoc. For all we know there is some master plan going on by the so called terrorists as we speak. Is this the way a responsible Gov't works ? Am I asking for too much to use some god damn common sense ?[/QUOTE]

No Smashmouth, youre not asking for too much. Youre asking for what you/we deserve. I guess I would consider myself anti-war. Dont anybody [B]DARE[/B] confuse that with anti-troop. It literally sickens me to think of all these young men and women that have given life and limb for this cause.

The cause itself MAY have been a noble one, but executed horribly by our govt. IMO. Was Sadaam a bad man? Of course! Was it worth it to sacrifice our young men and women to take him out? IMO, hell NO!

Plain and simple, these people (Iraqi's) for the most part despise us. So why would we be anymore ready to free the Iraqi's from Sadaam, while there are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of innocent people being massacred in Africa as we speak. Are they not being opressed the same, if not more than the Iraqi population has been?

It just doesnt make sense to me. I also dont believe 1% in the "we need to weed them out THERE, before they come HERE" argument. Let me break this down...THERE WERE NO IRAQI's ON THE PLANES in 9/11!!! NOT ONE IRAQI!

Instead, we continue to be diplomatic, and give support to the #1 country that supported 9/11. SAUDI ARABIA!!!! It all makes me think that I am cookoo or something. Why cant everybody see this?

I DO care greatly about what happened on 9/11. So why are we in Iraq, when they had NOTHING to do with 9/11? They hate us, so lets accept it. When / if, there is a link to a country that has been involved in terrorist activities against the USA, well, it may be harsh, but lets just blow them off the map. Sure civilians will die in the process, but so did 3000+ americans on 9/11.

As for the open borders......well I gave up on that many years ago. We are in the process of leaving San Diego as I speak. Everyday I see 10-20 mexican license plates on cars that are driving through my neighborhoods. It sickens me. I have NOTHING against immigrants, but i do have a BIG problem against ILLEGAL immigrants, that i must pay for medical care, schooling, and numerous things that is not my responsibilty, nor the governments. The last 8 jobsites ive worked on, I was in the minority! I needed spanish translators, and nearly quit because i couldnt communicate with my workers I was supervising!

I think ive blabbed long enough.....I need a beer now, or maybe i should go get some $4.00 a gallon gas.

Oh.....and before I forget....BET JET IN 08'!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Great Post SD
    :yes:
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;2495742]No Smashmouth, youre not asking for too much. Youre asking for what you/we deserve. I guess I would consider myself anti-war. Dont anybody [B]DARE[/B] confuse that with anti-troop. It literally sickens me to think of all these young men and women that have given life and limb for this cause.

The cause itself MAY have been a noble one, but executed horribly by our govt. IMO. Was Sadaam a bad man? Of course! Was it worth it to sacrifice our young men and women to take him out? IMO, hell NO!

Plain and simple, these people (Iraqi's) for the most part despise us. So why would we be anymore ready to free the Iraqi's from Sadaam, while there are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of innocent people being massacred in Africa as we speak. Are they not being opressed the same, if not more than the Iraqi population has been?

It just doesnt make sense to me. I also dont believe 1% in the "we need to weed them out THERE, before they come HERE" argument. Let me break this down...THERE WERE NO IRAQI's ON THE PLANES in 9/11!!! NOT ONE IRAQI!

Instead, we continue to be diplomatic, and give support to the #1 country that supported 9/11. SAUDI ARABIA!!!! It all makes me think that I am cookoo or something. Why cant everybody see this?

I DO care greatly about what happened on 9/11. So why are we in Iraq, when they had NOTHING to do with 9/11? They hate us, so lets accept it. When / if, there is a link to a country that has been involved in terrorist activities against the USA, well, it may be harsh, but lets just blow them off the map. Sure civilians will die in the process, but so did 3000+ americans on 9/11.

As for the open borders......well I gave up on that many years ago. We are in the process of leaving San Diego as I speak. Everyday I see 10-20 mexican license plates on cars that are driving through my neighborhoods. It sickens me. I have NOTHING against immigrants, but i do have a BIG problem against ILLEGAL immigrants, that i must pay for medical care, schooling, and numerous things that is not my responsibilty, nor the governments. The last 8 jobsites ive worked on, I was in the minority! I needed spanish translators, and nearly quit because i couldnt communicate with my workers I was supervising!

I think ive blabbed long enough.....I need a beer now, or maybe i should go get some $4.00 a gallon gas.

Oh.....and before I forget....BET JET IN 08'!!!![/QUOTE]

20 hours later, and the silence from the pro-Empire contingent is ear-splitting....

Hall Of Fame
    Amazing .