Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Hillary/Obama seems like Pennington/Clemens

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like

Hillary/Obama seems like Pennington/Clemens

Man, this thing just won't end. It is seriously like a Pennington/Clemens situation....Hillary was the early party favorite and the veteran, then came Obama but he hasn't been able to distinguish himself and distance himself in the competition. So, when it looked to be all over for Hillary a few weeks ago she somehow gets new life and piles the time and money into PA for a comeback attempt.

Assuming Hillary wins in PA by a decent but not huge margin I just don't see this thing ending any time soon. Like Pennington, she just won't fade away easily. By June, Hillary and Obama will have mangled each other. If I were a Dem I'd want to see the DNC or someone else work behind the scenes to help these two realize that the last man/woman standing is going to be so battered that the National election will be made that much tougher.

A couple of months ago I felt that the country was swinging to Obama generally. He had momentum and that "new car smell" to him. He was energizing the youth and polls showed that he would win a general election against any of the Rep. candidates (McCain, Romney, etc. at the time). Now, Hillary has been doing the work that the Republicans could have only dreamed of...engaging Obama directly and voraciously, making him address issues and topics so often that he's starting to slipup, make stupid comments and is seriously losing his luster. Polls now seem to show McCain no longer trailing Obama if the election were held today.

I think this is a classic case where one of these two could win the battle at the expense of eventually losing the war. (no Iraq war pun intended :D )

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ken Mehlmen and Mr. Rove are now official unofficial advisors to the McCain campaign. Thusly(lol), Clinton will be the nominee and if Obama cherishes his career in the Dem party, he will graciously accept the position as veep and run again in 2016.

BTW, some set of shriveled raisins McCain has...hire the guy that accused you of rolling over for the North Vietnamese and who was behind the push polling that suggested you fathered your adopted daughter illegitamately. Clinton has a bigger set than this frail fossil.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2494030]Ken Mehlmen and Mr. Rove are now official unofficial advisors to the McCain campaign. Thusly(lol), Clinton will be the nominee and if Obama cherishes his career in the Dem party, he will graciously accept the position as veep and run again in 2016.

BTW, some set of shriveled raisins McCain has...hire the guy that accused you of rolling over for the North Vietnamese and who was behind the push polling that suggested you fathered your adopted daughter illegitamately. Clinton has a bigger set than this frail fossil.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it actually takes a pair of brass ones to hire the guy that spent so much time working against you. Johnny Damon becomes a Yankee, Eric Mangini goes to the Jets....just the most recent case of a hired gun I think.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2495141]Maybe it actually takes a pair of brass ones to hire the guy that spent so much time working against you. Johnny Damon becomes a Yankee, Eric Mangini goes to the Jets....just the most recent case of a hired gun I think.[/QUOTE]

Do you think Steinbrenner would have hired Damon if Damon said he liked to frequent Minneapolis bath stalls and was a closet Sox fan? :D

I see you point...there is a certian advantage to hiring someone who's former job was to exploit your weaknesses...he'll help you protect them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pennington > Clinton
    Clemens > Pennington
    Obama > Clinton
    Poop > Clinton

Knowing the above, true or false: Pennington > Poop.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2495168][B]Do you think Steinbrenner would have hired Damon if Damon said he liked to frequent Minneapolis bath stalls and was a closet Sox fan?[/B] :D

I see you point...there is a certian advantage to hiring someone who's former job was to exploit your weaknesses...he'll help you protect them.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean "if"? :P

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    does this analogy make McCain Testeverde?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4-gJ-_SJSU[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im so sick of the Democrats at this point...its been going on forever. Its really stupid the way they give delegates to the loser. this wouldve been over a long time ago and saved alot of money if it was winner take all similar to what the republicans do. Clinton wins by double digits and only gains 6 delegates wtf? I mean is all the money and time really worth 6 delegates? there has to be a better system right? :huh: