Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama makes major gains....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Obama makes major gains....

losing by just 10% of the popular vote and almost 200K votes after 80% of the precints counted....

[url]http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#PA[/url]

it was 15% an hour ago.....

another major double digit EV state- another loss by BO.....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 04-22-2008 at 11:12 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man are you bored or what? Don't you have to get ready to pretend to be a big time scout this weekend? Or are you playing a GM?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    if you feel you have a more informed football opinion or can contest any of my posts on any of the football forums with facts please do so...

funny thing...you never post on any of the football forums...wonder why that is....:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=cr726;2496027]Man are you bored or what? Don't you have to get ready to pretend to be a big time scout this weekend? Or are you playing a GM?[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because I am not delusional. I don't pretend to be something I am not. Only you can think that your opinion is a fact.
    I read the draft forum all the time and enjoy alot of it and the regular board I really don't care about BS rumors or what the best Jet game was 10 years ago or the newest guys tatoo.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2496052]if you feel you have a more informed football opinion or can contest any of my posts on any of the football forums with facts please do so...

funny thing...you never post on any of the football forums...wonder why that is....:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zing!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    sure your not dellusional...why would anyone expect a poster to post on the football forums of a football site??? :coocoo:

again- if you think you have a more informed opinion on anything football or can counter anything I post with facts there's nothing from stopping you from posting it...but you don't do you??? because you can't....nah- rather try and change the topic in usual pathetic form...

[QUOTE=cr726;2496064]Because I am not delusional. I don't pretend to be something I am not. Only you can think that your opinion is a fact.
    I read the draft forum all the time and enjoy alot of it and the regular board I really don't care about BS rumors or what the best Jet game was 10 years ago or the newest guys tatoo.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your arrogance always gets the best of you. You got me I can't post in a football forum because I can't. Then again you really want to believe that too.

You are wanna be draft guru, why would I care to argue with you. You are a dime a dozen. I talk football with real live people at work.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2496097]sure your not dellusional...why would anyone expect a poster to post on the football forums of a football site??? :coocoo:

again- if you think you have a more informed opinion on anything football or can counter anything I post with facts there's nothing from stopping you from posting it...but you don't do you??? because you can't....nah- rather try and change the topic in usual pathetic form...[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    let's see......you talk football with real live people at work........then you come to a football site on the internet and talk politics but no football... makes sense...:shakehead

your posts get more pathetic every time you hit the "submit reply" button...

[QUOTE=cr726;2496133]Your arrogance always gets the best of you. You got me I can't post in a football forum because I can't. Then again you really want to believe that too.

You are wanna be draft guru, why would I care to argue with you. You are a dime a dozen. I talk football with real live people at work.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 04-23-2008 at 12:08 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I actually have co-workers. I don't expect you to understand.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2496157]right......you talk football with real live people at work........then you come to a football site on the internet and talk politics but no football... makes sense...:shakehead

your posts get more pathetic every time you hit the "submit reply" button...[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    a double digit loss is really a victory? No wonder youre a Jets fan......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2496097]sure your not dellusional...why would anyone expect a poster to post on the football forums of a football site??? :coocoo:

again- if you think you have a more informed opinion on anything football or can counter anything I post with facts there's nothing from stopping you from posting it...but you don't do you??? because you can't....nah- rather try and change the topic in usual pathetic form...[/QUOTE]

You should ask your best friend, DeanPatsfan about not posting on the main page

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2496291]You should ask your best friend, DeanPatsfan about not posting on the main page[/QUOTE]

Hes a Pats Fan who cares where he posts

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CaliJetsFan;2496273]a double digit loss is really a victory? No wonder youre a Jets fan......[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CaliJetsFan;2496273]a double digit loss is really a victory? No wonder youre a Jets fan......[/QUOTE]

according to BO it is.....

[QUOTE][B]Obama spins loss in Pennsylvania[/B]

Published: April 22, 2008 at 11:48 PM
    Print story Email to a friend Font size:EVANSVILLE, Ind., April 22 (UPI) -- After a stinging loss in Pennsylvania, Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama took solace in having whittled rival Hillary Clinton's lead in the state.

Speaking in Evansville, Ind., Tuesday night, Obama said he looked forward to the upcoming nominating contests in Indiana and North Carolina on May 6.

Months before the Pennsylvania primary, Clinton led Obama by double digits. He managed to close much of the gap after weeks of campaigning.

With 93 percent of the precincts reporting in Pennsylvania, Clinton led Obama by 10 points, 55 percent to 45 percent, CNN reported.

"We rallied people of every age and race and background to the cause. And whether they were inspired for the first time or for the first time in a long time, we registered a record number of voters, and it is those new voters who will lead our party to victory in November," Obama said.
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/04/22/obama_spins_loss_in_pennsylvania/6613/[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama outspent Clinton three to one but lost by ten points when the chattering classes say he is the presumptive nominee.

Says quite a bit, imo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big Blocker;2496644]Obama outspent Clinton three to one but lost by ten points when the chattering classes say he is the presumptive nominee.

Says quite a bit, imo.[/QUOTE]

By "chattering classes," I assume you mean "the popular vote and the delegate count to date," because those are what make him the presumptive nominee.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2496291]You should ask your best friend, DeanPatsfan about not posting on the main page[/QUOTE]

I post on the main page, just not so much in the off season.

Why are you worried about a Pats fan not posting on a Jets board?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2496679]By "chattering classes," I assume you mean "the popular vote and the delegate count to date," because those are what make him the presumptive nominee.[/QUOTE]

No. I mean the talking heads on tv and elsewhere in the MSM, particularly those who have been in the tank for Obama for months now, like Chris Matthews and Jonathan Alter.

Those vote totals change when you add Michigan and Florida in there. Ed Rendell took on that gas bag Matthews last night by pointing out that the Obama campaign did its best to shoot down a proposal that would have allowed Florida and Michigan to revote, presumably in early June. One of the reasons that the current situation is so clouded, and a majority of delegates remains out of reach, is because of the situation in those states.

Why would Obama's campaign do that? Because they can't win a major state outside of Illinois?

Don't get me wrong - I intensely dislike Clinton. But I see no reason to just give the nomination to Obama at this point. More importantly, the vote total situation is not nearly as clear as you seem to claim.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2496679]By "chattering classes," I assume you mean "the popular vote and the delegate count to date," because those are what make him the presumptive nominee.[/QUOTE]

You know what I find amusing. Obama has won the following states, amongst many:

Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Georiga, South Carolina.

When the republicans win those states in the general election, tshirts are made poking fun at those states.

Yet when Obama wins these states, not only is nothing said, they are now relied upon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big Blocker;2496716]No. I mean the talking heads on tv and elsewhere in the MSM, particularly those who have been in the tank for Obama for months now, like Chris Matthews and Jonathan Alter.

Those vote totals change when you add Michigan and Florida in there. Ed Rendell took on that gas bag Matthews last night by pointing out that the Obama campaign did its best to shoot down a proposal that would have allowed Florida and Michigan to revote, presumably in early June. One of the reasons that the current situation is so clouded, and a majority of delegates remains out of reach, is because of the situation in those states.

Why would Obama's campaign do that? Because they can't win a major state outside of Illinois?

Don't get me wrong - I intensely dislike Clinton. But I see no reason to just give the nomination to Obama at this point. More importantly, the vote total situation is not nearly as clear as you seem to claim.[/QUOTE]

Your decription of what happened to the Michigan and Florida revotes isn't accurate.

That aside, I have no problem with counting Florida toward the popular vote, even though they had no campaign there, because at least everybody's name was on the ballot. Michigan never had a vote involving all the candidates, so to count it is absurd. (Clinton herself said as much.) And actually the polling in Michigan today is tight enough to suggest that a revote wouldn't change much anyhow.

I do agree with you, however, that the nomination shouldn't just be handed to Obama. He has to win it. I think if he blows her out in NC (nearly certain) and wins outright in Indiana (very possible), he'll have essentially done it (both by widening his popular vote margin, his delegate lead and also by winning a battleground state in Indiana that looks like something of a tossup on paper between the two dems.)