Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Victim's father: 'One down, four to go'

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't notice race being mentioned in this article........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=New York Mick;2497111]You don't think anyone one should know about this?[/QUOTE]

what is to gain by acquiring this knowledge?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2497120]what is to gain by acquiring this knowledge?[/QUOTE]

I guess we should never talk about any crime then???? You lost me on that one MBG.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=New York Mick;2497117]All kind of things about people getting killed or even just dying get posted on the main page all the time why should this not be?[/quote]

Sadly, things like this happen every day. I understand this incident is particularly apalling, but if we all posted these things on the main board each time they happened, the football threads would be outnumbered by horrendous crimes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=New York Mick;2497124]I guess we should never talk about any crime then???? You lost me on that one MBG.[/QUOTE]

you mentioned that everyone should know about this, I'm wondering why is that???

I read the article, acquired the knowledge of this horrific crime and know that there are plenty of horrific crimes to go around for all of us. Point being who cares, in the respect that I cant do anything about it nor can I prevent such an occurance in the future by anyone anywhere. So again, what is the point, just to prove that we live in a sea of sorrow? I'm aware of this already, gaining this knowledge is just upsetting. I don't feel like I needed to know this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2497119]I didn't notice race being mentioned in this article........[/QUOTE]

Which is the one thing I agree with David Duke (I mean New York Mick) on with regards to this story. If this was a white on black crime, you'd see "hate crime" written all over this story, and race would be the focal point.

Other than that I think Mick is a psychopath.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2497119]I didn't notice race being mentioned in this article........[/QUOTE]

I think that is why a lot of people are so ****ing mad about this and the fact the none of the news stations carried it. Watch the second video, the first one is just a cheesy vid for emo factor.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=New York Mick;2496937]I was having a debate in one of the threads about the fact the blacks commit a lot more crimes against whites then whites do against blacks.[/QUOTE]

That depends on how far back the data used to come to those conclusions go. Don't misinterpret this as excusing current violent trends...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO at the notion of hate crime.............:eek:

any act of crime against humanity is based on hate

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2497135]Which is the one thing I agree with David Duke (I mean New York Mick) on with regards to this story. If this was a white on black crime, you'd see "hate crime" written all over this story, and race would be the focal point.

[B]Other than that I think Mick is a psychopath[/B].[/QUOTE]

LOL, that's funny. Why did you say that? Because I post the truth about stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=New York Mick;2497144]LOL, that's funny. Why did you say that? Because I post the truth about stuff.[/QUOTE]

is that a denial of your own psychopathicity???
    Last edited by Mean Bro Green; 04-23-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Blast;2497127]Sadly, things like this happen every day. I understand this incident is particularly apalling, but if we all posted these things on the main board each time they happened, the football threads would be outnumbered by horrendous crimes.[/QUOTE]

Crimes like this hardly even happen, this isn't just a normal rape or murder and people post stuff all the time on the main board about stuff that happens everyday outside of football.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2497134]you mentioned that everyone should know about this, I'm wondering why is that???

I read the article, acquired the knowledge of this horrific crime and know that there are plenty of horrific crimes to go around for all of us. Point being who cares, in the respect that I cant do anything about it nor can I prevent such an occurance in the future by anyone anywhere. So again, what is the point, just to prove that we live in a sea of sorrow? I'm aware of this already, gaining this knowledge is just upsetting. I don't feel like I needed to know this.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough about not wanted to read it but my point was the fact that because it was whites that got raped, tortured and killed no news talked about it and even people in the thread where more worried about the white pride stuff which had nothing to do with the crime then the crime itself. Just making a point.

How about the Bernard Hopkins/Joe Calzaghe fight?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=New York Mick;2497164]

How about the Bernard Hopkins/Joe Calzaghe fight?[/QUOTE]

more thread confusion, huh???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2497166]more thread confusion, huh???[/QUOTE]

I was changing the subjecdt for you, you said you didn't want to think about it. See what I get for trying to help you out.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2497142]LMAO at the notion of hate crime.............:eek:

any act of crime against humanity is based on hate[/QUOTE]

I guess the story would get the same attention if the races were switched:rolleyes: Like the Duke rape case and the nappy headed ho's. Rev Al and his clowns were to busy defending the violent thugs in Jena.

yes any crime this brutal is a hate crime, lets just stop the double standard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2497150]is that a denial of your own psychopathicity???[/QUOTE]

I'm a little bit of a nutter but the voices in my head tell me I'm ok.

BronxDan, gets my point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mick, you still haven't answered MBG's valid question:

[quote] you mentioned that everyone should know about this, I'm wondering why is that???[/quote]

This is a horrific story, but why should every know about it?

What will everyone gain by knowing about it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BronxDan;2497168]I guess the story would get the same attention if the races were switched:rolleyes: Like the Duke rape case and the nappy headed ho's. Rev Al and his clowns were to busy defending the violent thugs in Jena.

yes any crime this brutal is a hate crime, lets just stop the double standard.[/QUOTE]

LMAO, that's funny

unfortunately you are speaking to someone that could not really care any less about media hype and irrelevant race related topics. No double standard here. As long as you allow yourself to be persuaded that any crime is worse than another for race issues alone then you are being lead like a dog on a chain, just how they like it here. I'm not speaking directly to you Dan unless it fits the bill but more so in generalities. Issues like these just cloud people's minds and perpetuate racial divide in this country, until we get past that there will never be progress, that is why HATE CRIMES are a silly misguided means to poison people's minds into thinking these are more serious crimes than others

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;2497175]Mick, you still haven't answered MBG's valid question:

This is a horrific story, but why should every know about it?

What will everyone gain by knowing about it?[/QUOTE]

I already said I was making a point about the double standard in this country when it comes to reporting crime, hate crimes and race. We have debates all the time on this site on the main board as well as the other forums so I see nothing wrong with this. I've been waiting for you to chime in, you and me are turning into Tx and Rayray without the name calling.