Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Victim's father: 'One down, four to go'

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2497176]LMAO, that's funny

unfortunately you are speaking to someone that could not really care any less about media hype and irrelevant race related topics. No double standard here. As long as you allow yourself to be persuaded that any crime is worse than another for race issues alone then you are being lead like a dog on a chain, just how they like it here. I'm not speaking directly to you Dan unless it fits the bill but more so in generalities. Issues like these just cloud people's minds and perpetuate racial divide in this country, until we get past that there will never be progress, that is why HATE CRIMES are a silly misguided means to poison people's minds into thinking these are more serious crimes than others[/QUOTE]

I completely agree as far as the hate crimes and racial divide but the media hype is what controls the way people think or what they are thinking.

If this was white on black every talk show would have their families on, there would be marches, protest and everything else but because it was black on white people don't want to know about it which I can't understand but I get your point.

All League
    [quote=New York Mick;2497156]Crimes like this hardly even happen, this isn't just a normal rape or murder and people post stuff all the time on the main board about stuff that happens everyday outside of football.[/quote]

No offense intended, but what world are you living in?

I agree this crime is particularly horrific. We are talking torture, rape and murder. It's hard to make a case that one incident is worse than another. It's all bad and it happens all too often. Sure, most murders (in this country) do not include torture. However, it is happening on a daily basis all over the world and all too often right here. There is a documentary currently running on HBO, that documents rape, torture and mutilation of women in Africa. You should check it out. It is horrific and very sobering.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=New York Mick;2497191]I completely agree as far as the hate crimes and racial divide but the media hype is what controls the way people think or what they are thinking.

If this was white on black every talk show would have their families on, there would be marches, protest and everything else but because it was black on white people don't want to know about it which I can't understand but I get your point.[/QUOTE]

noone should know about it either way aside from those effected by the crime or in the general area of the crime

sheet it funked up and it ain't getting better, we all know that and thats all that matters
    I despise the media and how they select what people should care about

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet Blast;2497195]No offense intended, but what world are you living in?

I agree this crime is particularly horrific. We are talking torture, rape and murder. It's hard to make a case that one incident is worse than another. It's all bad and it happens all too often. Sure, most murders (in this country) do not include torture. However, it is happening on a daily basis all over the world and all too often right here. There is a documentary currently running on HBO, that documents rape, torture and mutilation of women in Africa. [B]You should check it out[/B]. It is horrific and very sobering.[/QUOTE]

I already have and have talk about the fact the the UN, US and others aren't doing anything about it. Last year I posted something about B Clinton telling one of the African countries to hire mercenaries because the UN wouldn't help but this isn't Africa or the Middle East and **** like that doesn't happen often in the US and shouldn't happen anywhere.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Topic Moved & Merged.

With all due respect, this type of topic belongs in the "Politics & World Events (and Controversial Topics) Forum", not the Main Board. I understand your outrage over the events, however Board Policy is to keep topics such as this in here.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2497199]noone should know about it either way aside from those effected by the crime or in the general area of the crime

sheet it funked up and it ain't getting better, we all know that and thats all that matters
    I despise the media and how they select what people should care about[/QUOTE]

I forget what main country use to not report its crimes (one of the history people on here should know, I think it might be England) and it doesn't work. People need to know what has happened and what was done about it in order to keep the legal system semi honest (which it isn't but it would be even worse).

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=New York Mick;2497183]I already said I was making a point about the double standard in this country when it comes to reporting crime, hate crimes and race. We have debates all the time on this site on the main board as well as the other forums so I see nothing wrong with this. [B]I've been waiting for you to chime in, you and me are turning into Tx and Rayray without the name calling[/B].[/QUOTE]

Mick, I take complete offense to that last sentence. Putting your name and mine in the same company as TX and Ray Ray is highly offensive and a personal attack on me (and yourself as well).

Thanks for thinking about me in this discussion, but it's been a long time since we debated anything along these lines.

On the double standard point, I understand your argument. But I find it ironic that people would claim that the national media was not covering the story because of the white victim/black perp, when the national media is overwhelmingly dominated by whites. Rev. Al and Jesse Jackson are not blackmailing the white dominated national media to bury the story.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2497204]Topic Moved & Merged.

With all due respect, this type of topic belongs in the "Politics & World Events (and Controversial Topics) Forum", not the Main Board. I understand your outrage over the events, however Board Policy is to keep topics such as this in here.[/QUOTE]

I know, I was just trying to get some traffic going so I was debating with the same people from the polical forum as always. :D

[QUOTE=New York Mick;2497183]I already said I was making a point about the double standard in this country when it comes to reporting crime, hate crimes and race. We have debates all the time on this site on the main board as well as the other forums so I see nothing wrong with this. I've been waiting for you to chime in, you and me are turning into Tx and Rayray without the name calling.[/QUOTE]You've made your point. And it's an indisputable one. Noone "wants to hear about this". But if some black dude got shot by a Klan member, the whole board would be chiming in about what they should do to him.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SMC;2497214]Mick, I take complete offense to that last sentence. Putting your name and mine in the same company as TX and Ray Ray is highly offensive and a personal attack on me (and yourself as well).

Thanks for thinking about me in this discussion, but it's been a long time since we debated anything along these lines.

On the double standard point, I understand your argument. But I find it ironic that people would claim that the national media was not covering the story because of the white victim/black perp, when the national media is overwhelmingly dominated by whites. Rev. Al and Jesse Jackson are not blackmailing the white dominated national media to bury the story.[/QUOTE]

I agree about tx and ray but that was the first posters I thought of.

I know Sharpton isn't controling the media it's the mind set of America and that's what I don't get. That was the reason I posted about the white pride site because I figured posters would pick that out and not really care about the crime, I did it to prove a point. If you watch the second video the guys says that one of the main news people said they didn't cover it basically because the US wouldn't care again I don't get it.

Of course this isn't getting much press because it was black on white, if it was the other way around it would have been on every ****ing channel for months. Along with marchs and protest.

I'm sorry but this is a complete crock of ****! Do you even bother to watch the news?! EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE of a black person committing a crime seems to be reported on every news channel every day. So much so, that some white folks think that is all that happens in the black community. I would be scared too if all I knew about black people was the stuff I see on TV. But it's even MORE the case when the victims are white. Truth be told, most crime commited by blacks are committed against blacks. The rest is usually white peoples fear and misunderstanding taking the forefront. Not to diminish this case though.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=New York Mick;2497226]I agree about tx and ray but that was the first posters I thought of.

I know Sharpton isn't controling the media it's the mind set of America and that's what I don't get. That was the reason I posted about the white pride site because I figured posters would pick that out and not really care about the crime, I did it to prove a point. If you watch the second video the guys says that one of the main news people said they didn't cover it basically because the US wouldn't care again I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

I saw articles on that angle as well. I also think the treatment of the story has to do with location. In NY, the story of the non-black John Jay College student who was raped, tortured, and murdered by the black bouncer was given a lot of play in NY and elsewhere. I would think that if this horrific story happened in NY or LA, the knews would be more on it.

Finally, this is what the Police Chief Sterling Owen said of why this is not being treated as a hate crime: "We have no evidence to support the notion that this was a race-based crime. We see this as a cold-blooded murder."

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18745632/[/url]

I agree with the police chief because these killers would have done the same thing to black victims.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Eversteady;2497235]Of course this isn't getting much press because it was black on white, if it was the other way around it would have been on every ****ing channel for months. Along with marchs and protest.

I'm sorry but this is a complete crock of ****! Do you even bother to watch the news?! EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE of a black person committing a crime seems to be reported on every news channel every day. So much so, that some white folks think that is all that happens in the black community. I would be scared too if all I knew about black people was the stuff I see on TV. But it's even MORE the case when the victims are white. Truth be told, most crime commited by blacks are committed against blacks. The rest is usually white peoples fear and misunderstanding taking the forefront. Not to diminish this case though.[/QUOTE]

Funny you must live in Tenn then because none of the news stations outside of there talked about it and this is one of the worst crimes that has taken place in America in a very long time. The local news carries local crimes which I agree has a lot of blacks in it (but I live in a high black populated area) but the national news which carries big stories never talked about it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Eversteady;2497235]Of course this isn't getting much press because it was black on white, if it was the other way around it would have been on every ****ing channel for months. Along with marchs and protest.

I'm sorry but this is a complete crock of ****! Do you even bother to watch the news?! EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE of a black person committing a crime seems to be reported on every news channel every day. So much so, that some white folks think that is all that happens in the black community. I would be scared too if all I knew about black people was the stuff I see on TV. But it's even MORE the case when the victims are white. Truth be told, most crime commited by blacks are committed against blacks. The rest is usually white peoples fear and misunderstanding taking the forefront. Not to diminish this case though.[/QUOTE]

that's why the media is destroying this nation one broadcast at a time

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SMC;2497241]I saw articles on that angle as well. I also think the treatment of the story has to do with location. In NY, the story of the non-black John Jay College student who was raped, tortured, and murdered by the black bouncer was given a lot of play in NY and elsewhere. I would think that if this horrific story happened in NY or LA, the knews would be more on it.

Finally, this is what the Police Chief Sterling Owen said of why this is not being treated as a hate crime: "We have no evidence to support the notion that this was a race-based crime. We see this as a cold-blooded murder."

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18745632/[/url]

I agree with the police chief because these killers would have done the same thing to black victims.[/QUOTE]

I never heard about the John Jay College case and just did I quick web search John Jay College rape and didn't see anything.

I agree about the case being just a crime but again my point is if it was white on black it would have been a hate crime no proof needed.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=New York Mick;2497256][B]I never heard about the John Jay College case[/B] and just did I quick web search John Jay College rape and didn't see anything. [/QUOTE]

It happened in February 2006 (a little less than a year before the murder in Knoxville). The victim's name was Imette St. Guillen, and she was set to graduate with a masters degree from John Jay (her family was given the degree posthumously). The bouncer of the bar she went to that fateful night was the one that killed her.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imette_St._Guillen[/url]

By the way, there was never a discussion about the black perp and non-black victim aspect.

[QUOTE=New York Mick;2497256]I agree about the case being just a crime but again my point is if it was white on black it would have been a hate crime no proof needed.[/QUOTE]

On this point, I disagree because it's pure speculation. There needs to be some evidence that it was based on race even where the victim is black and the perp is white.

I could careless if it was white on black or black on white. If they are found guilty put them in jail forever or if the state has the death penalty fry them!

Jets Insider VIP

If It's A Death Penalty Case, Who Cares if there's a Hate Crime Label??

Reading up more on this case I found out that the 2 ring leaders (Letalvis Cobbins and Lemaricus Davidson) face the death penalty if convicted.

So who cares if the case has a "hate crime" designation? They can't kill them more than they are if convicted.

There is nothing wrong with saying you are proud to be white, god knows every minority out there loves to pound their chest about their race, why can't whites?

[QUOTE=SMC;2497374]Reading up more on this case I found out that the 2 ring leaders (Letalvis Cobbins and Lemaricus Davidson) face the death penalty if convicted.

So who cares if the case has a "hate crime" designation? They can't kill them more than they are if convicted.[/QUOTE]

Can I throw the switch? 2 less scum in the world!