Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Victim's father: 'One down, four to go'

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GreenSpleen;2497483]There is nothing wrong with saying you are proud to be white, god knows every minority out there loves to pound their chest about their race, why can't whites?[/QUOTE]

I think they pound their chest over heritage not race, but why be accurate....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2498930]I think they pound their chest over heritage not race, but why be accurate....[/QUOTE]

I'm not defending the argument, but this is the basis for the distinction:

When a black person says "black pride" or "black power" it indicates a desire to have a piece of the American pie.

When a white person says "white pride" or "white power" it indicates a desire to have the entire American pie.

In other words, "black pride/power" is saying, "We belong here too and want a chance at the American dream."

"White pride/power" is saying, "We are the only ones who belong here, all you non-whites can get the hell out, and it's our American dream alone."

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SMC;2499615]I'm not defending the argument, but this is the basis for the distinction:

When a black person says "black pride" or "black power" it indicates a desire to have a piece of the American pie.

When a white person says "white pride" or "white power" it indicates a desire to have the entire American pie.

In other words, "black pride/power" is saying, "We belong here too and want a chance at the American dream."

"White pride/power" is saying, "We are the only ones who belong here, all you non-whites can get the hell out, and it's our American dream alone."[/QUOTE]

and that interpretation is due to the few racist groups that have used that term in that fashion and have spoiled it for anyone else to use it like normal caucasian folks that just want to be proud of who they are

my opinion is that you should just say American pride or Irish pride etc etc, for latinos like me this works well, unfortunately due to numerous reason that I wont go into this is not an alternative for the vast majority of Blacks so they have no choice but to use that term because they don't know what nation they originated from

[QUOTE=Eversteady;2497235]Of course this isn't getting much press because it was black on white, if it was the other way around it would have been on every ****ing channel for months. Along with marchs and protest.

I'm sorry but this is a complete crock of ****! Do you even bother to watch the news?! EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE of a black person committing a crime seems to be reported on every news channel every day. So much so, that some white folks think that is all that happens in the black community. I would be scared too if all I knew about black people was the stuff I see on TV. But it's even MORE the case when the victims are white. Truth be told, most crime commited by blacks are committed against blacks. The rest is usually white peoples fear and misunderstanding taking the forefront. Not to diminish this case though.[/QUOTE]

when 65 percent of the violent crime is commited by one race, then, i guess, it seem that its over reported . (don't belive me ?) check f.b.i. stats

Another fine example of how the MSM, in a word, sucks! I just can't find myself giving them any free passes anymore. Their track record over the past 25 years (at least in my memory)has devolved into nothing more than Jerry Springer/Hollywood Now. You want profits and ratings? Go ahead and sell that garbage to somebody else, because I'm not buying it.

The only reason I knew about this story was because of this website and a link that was emailed to me. To deny that this story would not have been covered differently if roles were reversed is beyond comprehension. 'Tis the age of spin and bull****, so I'm sure there's a few that will justify the piss poor coverage.

The crime itself? Sickening and an outrage. What kind of excuse can the defense possibly use? What kind of punishment can be dealt out that would fit the crime?

[QUOTE=New York Mick;2497183]I already said I was making a point about the double standard in this country when it comes to reporting crime, hate crimes and race. We have debates all the time on this site on the main board as well as the other forums so I see nothing wrong with this. I've been waiting for you to chime in, you and me are turning into Tx and Rayray without the name calling.[/QUOTE]

The problem Micks, like it or not, is that Whites have never been the target of hate crimes in the same way that blacks, latinos, or gays ever were.

You simply will never see the same outrage because the history of this country is rich with racial and gender inequality.

We have obviously made great strides in recent years, but it doesn't wipe away the stigma, and therefore, cases like these are not considered hate crimes, and that is why, when whites attack blacks it is greeted with a raised eyebrow.

We aren't talking about events from 200 years ago, but the very fabric of our culture which can be illsutrated by events from less than forty years ago.

Like it or not....Whitey!;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=piney;2504536]The problem Micks, like it or not, is that Whites have never been the target of hate crimes in the same way that blacks, latinos, or gays ever were.

You simply will never see the same outrage because the history of this country is rich with racial and gender inequality.

We have obviously made great strides in recent years, but it doesn't wipe away the stigma, and therefore, cases like these are not considered hate crimes, and that is why, when whites attack blacks it is greeted with a raised eyebrow.

We aren't talking about events from 200 years ago, but the very fabric of our culture which can be illsutrated by events from less than forty years ago.

Like it or not....Whitey!;)[/QUOTE]

oh boy....where to begin with that one.......

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2504558]oh boy....where to begin with that one.......[/QUOTE]

look, it is true, due to the history and culture of this country in regards to race the perception will always be skewed...

there is no changing that..

I am not saying it is right, but it is true

Ok, let me put it this way: I am Proud to be an American of European Descent! That is German, Irish and Danish!

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SMC;2499615]I'm not defending the argument, but this is the basis for the distinction:

"White pride/power" is saying, "We are the only ones who belong here, all you non-whites can get the hell out, and it's our American dream alone."[/QUOTE]

Thats BS...how many white americans have died for other races, heritages, countries? WW1 and 2 ring a bell?

there is nothing holding back black americans or whoever from suceeding in america...who is holding them back from the dream? hmm perhaps hard work...instead of a handout.

you are trying to marginalize white america like the media and politically correct politicians do...

why do we have the latino grammys? the regular "white" grammys arent good enough?? the Black entertainment channel?

if we started a caucasian grammys or white entertainment channel what would happen? oh sh*t we would all be racists right?

white men cant jump gets made into a movie...but al campanis says black people cant swim and he gets fired.

while its important to recognize your past (heritage, country of origin) its also important to realize that we are all americans now and its these differences when combined that make our country great.

"cast down thy bucket where you are"

in other words...stop whining and do something with your life, no one is going to hand you anything.

btw...im proud to be white and american

[QUOTE=CaliJetsFan;2507612]Thats BS...how many white americans have died for other races, heritages, countries? WW1 and 2 ring a bell?

there is nothing holding back black americans or whoever from suceeding in america...who is holding them back from the dream? hmm perhaps hard work...instead of a handout.

you are trying to marginalize white america like the media and politically correct politicians do...

why do we have the latino grammys? the regular "white" grammys arent good enough?? the Black entertainment channel?

if we started a caucasian grammys or white entertainment channel what would happen? oh sh*t we would all be racists right?

white men cant jump gets made into a movie...but al campanis says black people cant swim and he gets fired.

while its important to recognize your past (heritage, country of origin) its also important to realize that we are all americans now and its these differences when combined that make our country great.

in other words...stop whining and do something with your life, no one is going to hand you anything.

btw...im proud to be white and american[/QUOTE]

Welfare enslaves people to the state, slowly it sapps away a persons pride and makes you a slave of the state. From one form of slavery to another!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2496703]If ever a case deserved the death penalty, this is it.[/QUOTE]

Death Penalty ? Ok only if they get to die like their victims did. No these people need to live, sometimes I wonder if the Death Penalty is an easy way out for some of these people. I would rather they live in torment in a 6x6 cell in isolation for the rest of their lives I would gladly pay for that.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=CaliJetsFan;2507612]Thats BS...how many white americans have died for other races, heritages, countries? WW1 and 2 ring a bell?

Excellent Post !

Hall Of Fame

you're a funny dude, did you forget to insert some smileys in there?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=CaliJetsFan;2507612]

btw...im proud to be white[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/2228432.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2507481]Ok, let me put it this way: I am Proud to be an American of European Descent! That is German, Irish and Danish![/QUOTE]

I think that to have any sort of nationality to other countries without being either directly from there or being a 2nd generation american is foolish.

My grandmother and grandfather came here from Italy...I am not Italian, I am American.

My Father's family has been here since the 1600's....so I am not English or German....I am American.

I despise it when 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation AMericans puff out their chests and talk about how Irish they are..or Italian..

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2512263][IMG]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/2228432.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Damn, I missed it and I alway wanted to go to a concert for white people that hated white people.
    Last edited by New York Mick; 04-29-2008 at 03:29 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=piney;2515647]I think that to have any sort of nationality to other countries without being either directly from there or being a 2nd generation american is foolish.

My grandmother and grandfather came here from Italy...I am not Italian, I am American.

My Father's family has been here since the 1600's....so I am not English or German....I am American.

I despise it when 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation AMericans puff out their chests and talk about how Irish they are..or Italian..[/QUOTE]

Good Post Piney

Veteran
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2496860]The chair is to quick and to humane for these animals. They need to be drawn and quartered.[/QUOTE]

Holy Crap Dean.. we agree on something!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=piney;2515647]I think that to have any sort of nationality to other countries without being either directly from there or being a 2nd generation american is foolish.

I despise it when 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation AMericans puff out their chests and talk about how Irish they are..or Italian..[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to bet that you don't speak any of these native languages nor do you still have contact with relatives in those countries nor do you visit regularly, I certainly don't mean that in a disrespectful manner nor am I trying to suggest that there is anything wrong with taht just simply making a guess based on your post, i could be wrong but,

That is the difference between many Americans of European ancestry and those of Latin ancestry, many Latins can be third generation or more but still have family in their native lands still spend summers growing up there regularly through their childhood and still speak their native languages fluently and could pass as natives if they went back there

In this situation it is easy to identify as someone of dual nationalities and fit the bill both ways, this does not make one less American it makes them more authentic to their roots and well grounded in a worldly sense, again I think if more Americans of European descent had maintained their roots they would feel the same way