Thread: Mets vs Nationals

Mets vs Nationals

A little late but...

- Johan is the man. 2/2 hitting, a nice fielding play, and an Ace-Worthy Performance on the mound. Is there anything he cannot do?

- I like Heilman, but the 8th Inning should be Sanchez's role. The guy is just nasty.

- Wagner might be better then ever, 8 hitless innings so far.

- I like the new lineup with Church 5th. Delgado being 5th was a much bigger problem then Castillo 2nd. I'd like to keep him there for the time being.

- Nice to see Beltran performing once again, it's amazing what some protection in the lineup will do.

- Reyes and Wright went 0-9 combined and we won. Nice to see them get picked up when they carried this Offense for the past week.

Ollie going tomorrow, lets get the sweep and get outta town.

All Pro
    Keep Church 5 until Alou comes back then move him back to 2 and pray you get anything at all from Delgado in the 6 spot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Washington basically handed us this game but whatever, ill take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Keep Church 5 until Alou comes back then move him back to 2 and pray you get anything at all from Delgado in the 6 spot.
    At this point I would almost rather have Delgado hitting 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    At this point I would almost rather have Delgado hitting 7th.
    I wouldn't mind either.....Castillo is hitting .305 with 5 BB and 4 SB in his last 9 games. The concerns with him have been way overblown. But Church is overall a better hitter and you'd like to see him get more AB. Ideally, I'd like to take a page from Tony LaRussa/Ned Yost and bat Castillo 9th and Church 2nd, but that's too out there for Willie Randolph to consider.

Santana has pitched into the 7th inning every start. Guy is amazing with the bat, with the glove and has a golden arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Ideally, I'd like to take a page from Tony LaRussa/Ned Yost and bat Castillo 9th and Church 2nd, but that's too out there for Willie Randolph to consider.
    I would love this because then you essentially make Wright your cleanup hitter after the first time yet still probably get him 10 or so more at bats per year.

If losing our pitchers are likely only going to hit twice anyway and our bench is good enough to do it. I have a ton of faith that Marlon will get it going.

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Santana has pitched into the 7th inning every start. Guy is amazing with the bat, with the glove and has a golden arm.
    I didn't see the whole game. If Schneider didn't get a hit would Santana have pitched the 8th? I know he was only at about 97 pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    I didn't see the whole game. If Schneider didn't get a hit would Santana have pitched the 8th? I know he was only at about 97 pitches.
    I doubt it, was definitely nice to see Duaner come into a slight pressure situation and just dominate. He was throwing 92-93 with sick late movement (Awesome K against Zimmerman looking). Health... just hope he stays healthy.

Perez .

But oh my god, David Wright is just ridiculous with the glove.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can we send Heilman down, does he have any options? He has forgotten how to pitch.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Can we send Heilman down, does he have any options? He has forgotten how to pitch.
    seriously, he is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Perez .

But oh my god, David Wright is just ridiculous with the glove.
    Good or bad ridiculous?

Hall Of Fame
    Ollie has to pitch deeper in games. He just loses concentration for no reason at all in the middle innings.

The Mets just look so bad sometimes.

Yep, one of the most sloppy ball games played in a long time. This was just ugly. Starting from Perez, to Heilman to the defense. Just terrible and garbage. Mets are playing with no sense of urgency, it's just not fun to watch when only 5 guys on the field seem to care about the predicament.