Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Smith heckling Fans

Joe Smith heckling Fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNSiXasfE9w

I don't care, I find this pretty funny.

I find this pretty stupid. Yes he is in the big leagues, time for him to act like it.

Hall Of Fame
    You can only lose if you heckle the fans.

I think its great, Smitty is the man.

For all you Yankee fans this is like when Duncan signed red sox suck on the kids pad, of course you loved it and everyone else thought he was a tard.

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah I bet shelly signed and then told the kid "You aint sh*t"

I think Smith was just having a little fun with the fans, I don't think he meant any harm by it.

PS: http://www.myspace.com/joesmithisgod

Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    I don't see any kids heckling

Veteran
    I think it's good for the game if fans want to talk trash players should be able to react

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, next.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxDan View Post
    I don't see any kids heckling
    Thats true, I means what are the chances someone brought there kids to the ball park.

My computer at work has no sound so I didn't hear what he said.

Anyone care to explain?

Hall Of Fame
    His first line was "You aint got ****" to some guy who was heckling him. Obviously it wasn't a child that was heckling him, but you don't think there were children in that section of the stadium? Come on, and what Shelly did wasn't right either.

All Pro
    I have no problem with it, just wish he had used some better lines...at least Shelley was funny. The fans think they can scream and yell anything at players...could he have taken the high road and ignored the guy? Yes but it must get rather irritating after a while.

Hall Of Fame
    Players get nothing out of talking back to fans.

His first line was "You aint got ****" to some guy who was heckling him. Obviously it wasn't a child that was heckling him, but you don't think there were children in that section of the stadium? Come on, and what Shelly did wasn't right either.
    He isnt a vet he is still pretty new to the bigs I am sure he learn to tune people out eventually, but still pretty funny to see as I haven't seen any player trash talk to fans before.

Oh and the Cubs fans are tame, I knew a kid in college who threw a aluminum bottle into the bullpen in Shea and missed Carlos Zambrano's head by three inches...needless to say he quickly got tossed in the shea holding cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    He isnt a vet he is still pretty new to the bigs I am sure he learn to tune people out eventually, but still pretty funny to see as I haven't seen any player trash talk to fans before.

Oh and the Cubs fans are tame, I knew a kid in college who threw a aluminum bottle into the bullpen in Shea and missed Carlos Zambrano's head by three inches...needless to say he quickly got tossed in the shea holding cell.
    Didn't they fight the Dodgers bullpen once?

Hall Of Fame
    I don't really care about it. Fans are going to be idiots sometimes, it's probably best if he ignores it...cause it's never going to go away. It's nothing to take too seriously.

Melky got heckled pretty bad in Chicago the other night. The crowd Mic was real loud on the broadcast, and there was this one dude that actually made me laugh with what he was saying. "1-2 Melky. GOOD EYE. I'll give you that one. Still doesn't look good MELKY"

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Didn't they fight the Dodgers bullpen once?
    Does anybody remember where a fan ran onto the field to try to attack the first base coach or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Does anybody remember where a fan ran onto the field to try to attack the first base coach or something.
    Yeah, in Chicago, a father and son attacked the Royals 1st base coach

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    I don't know if that will change over time. I heard Schilling talking a lot of **** during BP in left field at a Yanks vs Sox game I went to last year. He apparently never learned to tune it out because he was responding to everything we were saying.

I didn't think the video was that funny. He didn't really have any clever lines. Maybe he can learn some of that over time.