Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Ot: This Thread

  1. #1

    Ot: This Thread

    My Grandmother called this morning. She is sick in bed and has no one to come
    help her. She thinks she might have a lung infection and just needs somebody to go
    over and maybe bring her some food since she's too weak to get food.

    I'm really busy right now, and I don't think I'm going to respond to her message.

    Advice, anyone?
    Last edited by Gagoots; 04-25-2008 at 08:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Posts
    21,029
    I agree. Don't respond in anyway, shape or form

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Enemy Territory
    Posts
    6,518
    Sh-it.

    I think I mis-read the instructions....?

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,304
    In responding to this thread, why do I feel like I'm going to be a statistic in a psychological experiment?

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,983
    In my opinion, Kellen.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    I agree. Don't respond in anyway, shape or form
    Thanks, CTM. I was feeling a little bad about my decision, but
    I feel a little less guilty now.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Posts
    21,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    Thanks, CTM. I was feeling a little bad about my decision, but
    I feel a little less guilty now.
    No problem. It was the right move. If only people like Integrity28 and that french guy could/would follow directions..

    Some people

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,304
    Well played, Gagoots. Well played indeed.
    :slow villain clap after hero figures out diabolical plot:

  9. #9
    Your so busy you were able to start a thread and even wait for people's advice?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETSfan0922 View Post
    Your so busy you were able to start a thread and even wait for people's advice?
    Well, she's like 5 miles away. And I usually read the news on the internet in the mornings, anyway...

    I'm thinking maybe I can call one of those meals on wheels places or something (as long as it's free...money's tight right now)
    They could possible stop by here and grab the keys from me.

  11. #11
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,529
    Is she a GILF? I might be interested.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Is she a GILF? I might be interested.
    She's a gummer. GO for it. No scratching. get her some food when you're done, though.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    My Grandmother called this morning. She is sick in bed and has no one to come
    help her. She thinks she might have a lung infection and just needs somebody to go
    over and maybe bring her some food since she's too weak to get food.

    I'm really busy right now, and I don't think I'm going to respond to her message.

    Advice, anyone?
    You catch the flick "Throw Mama From the Train"?

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Posts
    21,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Well played, Gagoots. Well played indeed.
    :slow villain clap after hero figures out diabolical plot:
    Hmm, just saw that he edited the first post after several of us responded. I don't know what to do now. If I say it's stupid, I might look petty and angered for being a pawn in his clever ruse. If I don't say anything, I run risk of looking callous to anyone who enters the thread late and doesn't know he edited the post I responded to. If I applaud him and laugh it off, I'd be being disingenous cause it really wasn't applaud worthy hijinks. If I respond at all or go through the effort to edit my post to include his original post, I validate the behavior and encourage future similiar, annonyances....

    What to do?

  15. #15
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    She's a gummer. GO for it. No scratching. get her some food when you're done, though.
    Gee and I thought I was sick.

    What does she taste like? Depends.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    She's a gummer. GO for it. No scratching. get her some food when you're done, though.
    Do her gums bleed easily?

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post

    What does she taste like?
    Probably like Sooth's undies.

    You should feel right at home.

  18. #18
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    My Grandmother called this morning. She is sick in bed and has no one to come
    help her. She thinks she might have a lung infection and just needs somebody to go
    over and maybe bring her some food since she's too weak to get food.

    I'm really busy right now, and I don't think I'm going to respond to her message.

    Advice, anyone?

    Coincidently, I was trolling the AARP chat room, and a poster called Gagootska just posted this:

    I justa callededa my stupido grandsona, anna he saya he gotta go. He a breathin all aheavy anna sayin s*ck it s*ck it....he doan evena havin a baby, why he a do this. Ahma so hungry i coulda eat the azza off a peega.

  19. #19
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,529
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Probably like Sooth's undies.

    You should feel right at home.
    Silly TX, you told me he doesn't wear any!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Hmm, just saw that he edited the first post after several of us responded. I don't know what to do now. If I say it's stupid, I might look petty and angered for being a pawn in his clever ruse. If I don't say anything, I run risk of looking callous to anyone who enters the thread late and doesn't know he edited the post I responded to. If I applaud him and laugh it off, I'd be being disingenous cause it really wasn't applaud worthy hijinks. If I respond at all or go through the effort to edit my post to include his original post, I validate the behavior and encourage future similiar, annonyances....

    What to do?
    Thanks.
    I need a hobby.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us