Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need to start looking to 2009.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to start looking to 2009.

Ok pull me off the ledge. I seriously cannot take this garbage.

Reyes???
    Wright???
    Beltran??
    Delgado??

Where are thou'?

Sickening I tell you.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    When is Pedro coming back?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Ok pull me off the ledge. I seriously cannot take this garbage.

Reyes???
    Wright???
    Beltran??
    Delgado??

Where are thou'?

Sickening I tell you.
    Homeboy, im right there with you... These guys except for Wright are basically noshows right now... Is it too early to start the Fire Willie blogs.?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. Fire Willy!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're 22 games in the season. That means there's 86.5% of the season left.

We're within 1 game of both the Braves and the Phillies, and within 2 games of the division lead.

Relax, there's still plenty of time.

These overreactions are embarrasing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember last year after every September loss, "We're still in first place", now it's "We're only in April".

I know it's early but every time this team takes the field, I feel we are going to lose unless it's Maine or Santana pitching.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember last year after every September loss, "We're still in first place", now it's "We're only in April".

I know it's early but every time this team takes the field, I feel we are going to lose unless it's Maine or Santana pitching.
    That's only cause you're being a pessamist. Pelfrey is 2-1, Figueroa is 1-1, Perez is 2-1. None of the other 3 starters even have a losing record.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    That's only cause you're being a pessamist. Pelfrey is 2-1, Figueroa is 1-1, Perez is 2-1. None of the other 3 starters even have a losing record.
    Steve Trachsel won 15 games, your point?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve Trachsel won 15 games, your point?
    "I feel we are going to lose unless it's Maine or Santana pitching."

That there's absolutely no reason for you to be feeling that way considering all of our other 3 pitchers are .500 or better right now?

And Trachsel is a terrible comparison considering that Perez's ERA is 3.62, Figueroa's is 4.05, and Pelfrey's is 4.43, all are above league average.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    "I feel we are going to lose unless it's Maine or Santana pitching."

That there's absolutely no reason for you to be feeling that way considering all of our other 3 pitchers are .500 or better right now?

And Trachsel is a terrible comparison considering that Perez's ERA is 3.62, Figueroa's is 4.05, and Pelfrey's is 4.43, all are above league average.
    I'm sorry but is there something wrong with me no having faith in this team right now. You honestly feel comfortable with any of those three guys especially Perez pitching a big game for this team?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry but is there something wrong with me no having faith in this team right now.
    It bothers me how Mets fans have absolutely no sense of perspective and are pressing the panic buttons after 20 games of .500 ball, where we beat the Phillies head-to-head in a series twice (Which was our downfall last year).

Lets take a look around the league right now.

The New York Yankees are 12-12, The Cleveland Indians are 11-12, The Detroit Tigers are 10-14, The Seattle Mariners are 11-12, the Philadelphia Phillies are 13-11, The Atlanta Braves are 12-11, Colorado Rockies are 10-12, The Los Angeles Dodgers are 9-13, The San Diego Padres are 9-14.

Those are all teams that were supposed to at the very least compete for a playoff spot.

Meanwhile, the Chicago White Sox, the Florida Marlins, The Oakland A's, and the St. Louis Cardinals are all within a game of their division leads. Teams that are expected to finish well below .500 this year.

It's early in the season, the cream will rise to the top, take your damn finger off the ****ing panic button.

You honestly feel comfortable with any of those three guys especially Perez pitching a big game for this team?
    I have confidence with Perez pitching a big game, he's stepped it up for us in the past. A little less confidence with Figueroa and Pelfrey because their unproven, but I certaintly don't feel like their automatic losses like you pretty much labeled them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys sound like Yankees fans...

But I agree, I hate when people say its only April. One more win in April means one less worry in September.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a little early to be talking about 2009. That said if the Mets aren't in good shape by July or so they'll be looking for a new manager.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this new manager talk. Who is the question? Who will do a better job?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    I love Larry Bowa.... I want a screamer. I want someone with a little passion that's willing to get into your face... Unfortunately this team needs someone to crack the whip....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Mets will wake up real soon. There a great team they'll play it out. Worse comes to worse we trade you Cano, He's our second basemen, you might of heard of him, anyways he's got a boatload of potential I promise. Just give us Maine for him...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

honestly.....i know this is going to sound a little bit crazy, and maybe it's part nostalgic, but i wouldn't mind giving either gary carter or ron darling a shot. i know carter would want to do it, i don't know about darling though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry but is there something wrong with me no having faith in this team right now. You honestly feel comfortable with any of those three guys especially Perez pitching a big game for this team?
    Perez has won big games before---Yanks-Atlanta. If you are complaining about your teams 3rd or 4th starter who has a ERA in the 3's coming off a 15 win season, you are on the ledge and over reacting. You think the Yanks, Braves or Phillies just to name a few teams wouldn't mind trotting Perez out there every 5th day?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I would have kicked Randolph to the curb after last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know you Mets fans aren't happy, but Beltran is killing my fantasy team right now.