Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Fans Had Better Drop to Their Knees and PRAY....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Fans Had Better Drop to Their Knees and PRAY....

Pray that Kellen Clemens does not bust. That he is somethign he showed no signs of being last year......a true real world #1 Franchise Starting QB.

Because if he is not, THIS is our future:

2008: Chad beats our Clemens in Camp. Chad fails badly (again), Clemens comes in mid-season. Never gets going. Or simply isn't that good (a bust) from the start. Losing Season.

2009: Jets are FORCED to draft a QB now, as Chad is a multi-fail QB and Clemens has busted or showed serious signs of busting. Jets draft a QB, but he's a rookie.....so he doesn't start. Clemens starts again, or some random street journeyman QB. Losing season. Mangini and Co. have three losers in a row, and Mangini is fired.

2010: New Coach, new staff, new system.......dumps Clemens. Doesn't really like the rookie QB, who was picked of the old coach and old system. They draft another QB for THEIR system. But he cannot start right away, so the rookie from 2008 starts. In the wrong system, with a rookie over his shoulder, he fails.....and the rookie gets forced in early. Losing season.

2011: Second year under new coaching staff. New Qb is now under make-or-break circumstances. If he makes it, then the new coach has a chance. If he doesn't......start the process all over again.

So pray. Pray Clemens is the real deal. Or that Chad has some amazing comeback. Because if neiother happens, we could very realisticly face a future of losing for a number of years.

After you trenches (which we've done good work on) QB is the most vital. Lets hope Mangini siright, and Chad or Clemens have what we need.

Personally, I am scared and pessimistic. I know, nothing new there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Pray that Kellen Clemens does not bust. That he is somethign he showed no signs of being last year......a true real world #1 Franchise Starting QB.

2008: Chad beats our Clemens in Camp. Chad fails badly (again), Clemens comes in mid-season. Never gets going. Or simply isn't that good (a bust) from the start. Losing Season.

2009: Jets are FORCED to draft a QB now, as Chad is a multi-fail QB and Clemens has busted or showed serious signs of busting. Jets draft a QB, but he's a rookie.....so he doesn't start. Clemens starts again, or some random street journeyman QB. Losing season. Mangini and Co. have three losers in a row, and Mangini is fired.

2010: New Coach, new staff, new system.......dumps Clemens. Doesn't really like the rookie QB, who was picked of the old coach and old system. They draft another QB for THEIR system. But he cannot start right away, so the rookie from 2008 starts. In the wrong system, with a rookie over his shoulder, he fails.....and the rookie gets forced in early. Losing season.

2011: Second year under new coaching staff. New Qb is now under make-or-break circumstances. If he makes it, then the new coach has a chance. If he doesn't......start the process all over again.

So pray. Pray Clemens is the real deal. Or that Chad has some amazing comeback. Because if neiother happens, we could very realisticly face a future of losing for a number of years.

After you trenches (which we've done good work on) QB is the most vital. Lets hope Mangini siright, and Chad or Clemens have what we need.

And had we taken Henne or Brohm, we would be pretty much in the same exact situation.

Kellen Clemens has started 7 games. Relax.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, Chad has 1 more suprise for us..

2008 He'll play well

2009 he'll implode and we'll be right where we are today heading into the 2010 season. Book it

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warfish coming in to piss on everyone's parade?

I'm shocked.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Xanax.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Yeah! This class was the 2nd coming of 83! Ryan wasn't even 1st round worthy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    And had we taken Henne or Brohm, we would be pretty much in the same exact situation.

Kellen Clemens has started 7 games. Relax.
    I second that. It's not who you don't get...it's who you get...

the Jets got...

The best pass rusher in the draft...

...and the best playmaking TE in a few years. Hmmm, doesn't sound so bad to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, pessimism at its fullest. We have a sick D now and a nasty TE for Clemens. He won't bust.

-Scott

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Rule 1: The Jets FO actually does this for a living. They are smarter than we are about their system.

Rule 2: We are fans at a fan site, not professionals running an NFL team; never, never trust the opinion of some guy who watched games on TV and deems himself an expert. He isn't. He's just arrogant.

Rule 3: Never judge a draft on draft day before you become Chicken Little. THere will be plenty of time for that later.

Rule 4: Give your FO the benefit of a doubt. Their jobs are on the line if the fail, not ours.

Rule 5: Try being optimistic. It's a lot more fun.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

This is all 100% possible and reasonably based on our history, but let's face it nobody can accurately predict the outcome of games one week ahead much less the outcome of seasons. Ya just never know. So far this regime has shown an ability to get and develop the players they want -- until somebody they invested a lot in busts, you've got to extend a benefit of the doubt.

Rest easy buddy -- its draft-day -- everybody wins.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warfish, I hear what u're saying but at the same time I don't think we can judge Clemens based on last season. That O-line was pretty bad. This is (at least on paper) a better O-line and overall team. I say we relax and see what we have this season. The kid got some good experience and now a year under his belt in the system. I think he's gonna be ok.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus Christ

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Warfish coming in to piss on everyone's parade?

I'm shocked.
    I liked the Ghoulston pick just fine (we are desperate for pass rush) and I am sure this luxury-pick TE will break the cycle of ****ty Jets first round TE failures (really). And I am sure Coles will play like he did 5 years ago....when he was a legitimate #1.

I just hope all you optimists, who love everything you see without question are right....and Clemens is a great QB.

Cause I don't know about you, I'm tired of sucking at the QB position, and having the most boring predictable and lowest scoring offense in the NFL year after year.

So I hope you're right.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Babe View Post
    warfish being a pessimist and a whiner? noooooo.....lets not be logical.....the jets had a TERRIBLE draft.

SHUT UP.
    You do realize that I am not going to.....right?

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    jeez, you guys bashing WF are a bunch of friggen Kool-Aid drinking babies...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked the Ghoulston pick just fine (we are desperate for pass rush) and I am sure this luxry-pick TE will break the cycle of ****ty Jets first round TE failures (really). And I am sure Coles will play like he did 5 years ago....when he was a legitimate #1.

I just hope all you optimists, who love everything you see without question are right....and Clemens is a great QB.

Cause I don't know about you, I'm tired of sucking at the QB position, and having the most boring predictable and lowest scoring offense in the NFL year after year.

So I hope you're right.
    Its not the fact that "Optimists" know Clemens will be the real deal, its the fact that you have absolutely no idea that guys like Henne or Brohm can and will be the real deal.

I think we have done a pretty good job so far all thigns considering.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    I second that. It's not who you don't get...it's who you get...

the Jets got...

The best pass rusher in the draft...

...and the best playmaking TE in a few years. Hmmm, doesn't sound so bad to me.
    Your avatar reminds me of the cry babies during the 77 draft when we drafted Wesley..They cried a 2nd rd pick for a blind W/R???

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    jeez, you guys bashing WF are a bunch of friggen Kool-Aid drinking babies...
    What they do not get is how much I hope THEY are right. You think I like feeling we suck at the QB psoition? Think it's fun? Because it isn't. But put simply, if they're wrong, we're ****ed.

Clemens and Chad. An unknown who looked bad in bad circumstances, and a broken Vet with no arm whatsoever. Sorry that I just don't see that as good enough.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    For ****'s sake can a Jet fan take his own dick out his own ass and stop being so negative! What do you ****in want? Every year and draft you all have new solutions to the problem? Well if you have the solutions than why is it that every year you demand another nobody to lead you team. If theirs a solution every year than why is it that your so called "sollutions" are changed every year, every month, every week, every day, every etc. etc. etc.You guys know nothing more than infants and ***** more than a depressed woman on her period on the last menstrual cycle of her life.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What they do not get is how much I hope THEY are right. You think I like feeling we suck at the QB psoition? Think it's fun? Because it isn't. But put simply, if they're wrong, we're ****ed.

Clemens and Chad. An unknown who looked bad in bad circumstances, and a broken Vet with no arm whatsoever. Sorry that I just don't see that as good enough.
    Yet there are no better options in the draft

What did you want the Jets to do, make up a QB and draft him???