Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Jets Move?...Sign Bret Favre for 1 year!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Next Jets Move?...Sign Bret Favre for 1 year!!!!

Convince Favre to un-retire. Trade with GB for his rights. Give them David Barrett and a bag of used footballs. Sign him to a big 1 year deal and...LETS GO WIN THE FRIGGIN' SUPERBOWL RIGHT NOW !!!!

We need a QB. We know it. Lets do something about it. Other than QB, we are ok

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never happening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Never happening.
    Why? You dont think Favre is still any good? He took a pretty crappy team pretty far last season. Now is his last chance to show NY'ers that he's not just another Browning Nagle!
    We'll find $10 million of cap space. Lets go win a Superbowl!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Why? You dont think Favre is still any good? He took a pretty crappy team pretty far last season. Now is his last chance to show NY'ers that he's not just another Browning Nagle!
    We'll find $10 million of cap space. Lets go win a Superbowl!
    Um, how was GB's team last year crappy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    Um, how was GB's team last year crappy?
    Crap team. Light on talent (especially on offense). Watch how badly they do this year without him.Mediocre.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Favre would come out of retirement for a team on the brink, not a team coming off the stink!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, then all we need is another 10-15 players to get there? I'm sure he is just dying to play for a four win team with no direction. It is going to be a long year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'd have to trade for him. You can't just sign him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadedOne View Post
    Another good point.

The Jets do not seem interested in aquiring a QB this offseason.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadedOne View Post
    Agreed. David Barrett & a bag of used footballs PLUS 3 OF D-ROB'S USED (SMELLY) JOCK-STRAPS. GB should be happy with that. They aint gettin nothin now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Favre would come out of retirement for a team on the brink, not a team coming off the stink!
    Oh..that hurts! With a solid QB, we are not on the edge of the wild card again?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wed have yet another big hole if we let go of Barrett though. But you gotta give some to get some .

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure Brett wants to destroy any legacy he had in GB and his relationship with the franchise in order to QB the jets for one year. The only reason he retired was because he couldn't take being the QB for a top tier NFC playoff team, and he really wanted to call that shots for a 4-12 team currently in the cellar of the AFC.

That makes a lot of sense MAKE IT HAPPEN TANGINI.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    We'd have yet another big hole if we let go of Barrett though. .
    Very funny. Its good to see some humor here.
    (I think if we played some pass plays with only 10 players & kept Barrett on the bench, we would do just as well.).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh..that hurts! With a solid QB, we are not on the edge of the wild card again?
    I'm with you, but seriously, think from Favre's perspective....If he had to name 5 teams that he thought were contenders and that he'd want to play for right now, do you think the Jets would be in that list? While I KNOW we're a much improved team, most people aren't convinced until they see it. I doubt Favre would unretire for a team coming off a 4-12 season that plays in the same division as the Patriots right now. Just being honest...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I'm with you, but seriously, think from Favre's perspective....If he had to name 5 teams that he thought were contenders and that he'd want to play for right now, do you think the Jets would be in that list? While I KNOW we're a much improved team, most people aren't convinced until they see it. I doubt Favre would unretire for a team coming off a 4-12 season that plays in the same division as the Patriots right now. Just being honest...
    But "the 5 contenders" you speak of all HAVE QB's already. We are an opportunity. Think of the endorsements playing in NYC ($$$$).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crap team. Light on talent (especially on offense). Watch how badly they do this year without him.Mediocre.
    You obviously know nothing about the game of football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    But "the 5 contenders" you speak of all HAVE QB's already. We are an opportunity. Think of the endorsements playing in NYC ($$$$).
    The guy has something like 200 acres of farmland and likes to do nothing more than fish and hunt. Moving to NYC probably isn't a big desire of his and I doubt he needs the endorsement $ to buy more bait and tackle!

Agreed, that the 5 contenders all have their QBs. Even more reason not to hop back into the league. Now, if a very good team lost it's QB in the preseason like Jacksonville or something.....maybe he jumps back in! But I seriously doubt it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a friend in Green Bay. He said the day Favre retired, he and the whole town literally walked around with tears in their eyes. The guy is as big as Lombardi out there. He's not unretiring to be a Jet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Favre said that was the most talented team he's ever been on before. But what does he know, he only went to 2 SBs.