Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices: Blame it on environmentalists

All Pro

Gas Prices: Blame it on environmentalists

I know all you bleeding heart liberals can't put aside yourcommie roots and stop blaming "big oil", but we all know basically who's fault this is. I will list a set of facts and I dare you libs to refute them.

1) Government makes more on a gallon of gas than oil companies. Federal, state and local taxes account for more than 20% of the price. 5% goes to "big oil" and the rest go to our "pals" in mexico, canada, venezuela and the garden spot of the world -- the middle east.

2) I know libs have a hard time with capitalist economics, but the price of a product increases when demand for that product increases. There are two relatively new consumers of oil on the world stage -- india and china. And they are gobbling (and polluting) like there's no tomorrow.

3) Federal and state regulations force different blends of gas for each state and time of the year, driving up the price (imagine how much more expensive a car would be if they offered it in 1000 colors instead of 4 or 5).

4) Liberal environmentalists prevent us from drilling and exploring our own sources of oil. America can't -- but it's mexico, cuba and china can drill and pollute until their hearts content -- just miles off our own coastline. As I write this, frank "worm-food" lautenberg is running re-election commerials bragging about how he prevented exploration of energy off the NJ coastline!

5) Enviromentalists and liberal politicians prevent development of nuclear power. Remember jackson browne and his "no nukes" concerts of the 70's? More recently, alec baldwin took a break from berating his daughter to prevent the re-licensing of a nuke plant in southern Jersey.

6) Environmentalists and liberal politicians prevent development/exploration of coal, propane, natural gas and other non-oil energy sources.

7) Environmentalists and liberal politicians block development of hydroelectric power plants because they fear it will upset some wildlife in the rivers and lakes. I'm so glad I'm spending an extra $500-$800 a month in energy costs -- as long as the yellow-bellied sap-sucker can continue to molt!

8) Environmentalists and liberal politicians prevent building of new, technologically advanced and cleaner refineries in the US.

9) And now these very same liberals are screwing with our food supply and prices by pushing this biofuel nonsense. Great idea, let's increase the demand for corn to use more energy to produce a fuel that's less efficient than we currently use. Let's drive up the price of corn for this less efficient fuel so that meat producers have to raise their prices to afford to buy the feed that sustains the livestock. Then we can raise more taxes to subsidize the feed farmers. Brilliant!

Next time you dig deeper into your pockets to fill your tanks, by all mean's curse "big oil". But don't leave out the real culprits for this mess -- BIG GOVERNMENT & LIBERALISM!

I guess you mean ethanol, another farm subsidy. We can fight back on this one just stop buying any corn products. I also find gas that has no ethanol.

9) And now these very same liberals are screwing with our food supply and prices by pushing this biofuel nonsense. Great idea, let's increase the demand for corn to use more energy to produce a fuel that's less efficient than we currently use. Let's drive up the price of corn for this less efficient fuel so that meat producers have to raise their prices to afford to buy the feed that sustains the livestock. Then we can raise more taxes to subsidize the feed farmers. Brilliant!

I think you'd enjoy Mark Steyn's latest column...(someone else link it...me too tired)

I guess the gov't is hiding their huge amounts of money they are making on gas. Since they are making more than Big Oil.
    And what happend from 2001 to to 2006? The GOP had all the power and they didn't do anything about these terrible problems with oil?

Capitalist economics, you mean private profit and socialized loss? Look at the mortgage companies and Wall Street all running for the capital.

Give me a break.

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb;2510079]I know all you bleeding heart liberals can't put aside yourcommie roots and stop blaming "big oil", but we all know basically who's fault this is. I will list a set of facts and I dare you libs to refute them.

1) Government makes more on a gallon of gas than oil companies. Federal, state and local taxes account for more than 20% of the price. 5% goes to "big oil" and the rest go to our "pals" in mexico, canada, venezuela and the garden spot of the world -- the middle east.

2) I know libs have a hard time with capitalist economics, but the price of a product increases when demand for that product increases. There are two relatively new consumers of oil on the world stage -- india and china. And they are gobbling (and polluting) like there's no tomorrow.

3) Federal and state regulations force different blends of gas for each state and time of the year, driving up the price (imagine how much more expensive a car would be if they offered it in 1000 colors instead of 4 or 5).

4) Liberal environmentalists prevent us from drilling and exploring our own sources of oil. America can't -- but it's mexico, cuba and china can drill and pollute until their hearts content -- just miles off our own coastline. As I write this, frank "worm-food" lautenberg is running re-election commerials bragging about how he prevented exploration of energy off the NJ coastline!

5) Enviromentalists and liberal politicians prevent development of nuclear power. Remember jackson browne and his "no nukes" concerts of the 70's? More recently, alec baldwin took a break from berating his daughter to prevent the re-licensing of a nuke plant in southern Jersey.

6) Environmentalists and liberal politicians prevent development/exploration of coal, propane, natural gas and other non-oil energy sources.

7) Environmentalists and liberal politicians block development of hydroelectric power plants because they fear it will upset some wildlife in the rivers and lakes. I'm so glad I'm spending an extra $500-$800 a month in energy costs -- as long as the yellow-bellied sap-sucker can continue to molt!

8) Environmentalists and liberal politicians prevent building of new, technologically advanced and cleaner refineries in the US.

Next time you dig deeper into your pockets to fill your tanks, by all mean's curse "big oil". But don't leave out the real culprits for this mess -- BIG GOVERNMENT & LIBERALISM![/QUOTE]

ya mean the guy who collects used oil from the mexican restaurant to use in his biodiesal VW Rabbit? That guy is resonsible for high gas prices?

i knew it was that hippie douche bag's fault somehow, thanks Weeb.

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb;2510079]9) And now these very same liberals are screwing with our food supply and prices by pushing this biofuel nonsense. Great idea, let's increase the demand for corn to use more energy to produce a fuel that's less efficient than we currently use. Let's drive up the price of corn for this less efficient fuel so that meat producers have to raise their prices to afford to buy the feed that sustains the livestock. Then we can raise more taxes to subsidize the feed farmers. Brilliant!
    [/QUOTE]

bush signed those bills into law you know... from a republican congress at the time.

All Pro
    yup those environmentalists are evil.....I mean, all they want to do is keep a planet healthy so the people living on won't become extinct.

Call me when this arguement gets passed the fingerpointing....

If everyone buys smaller cars and reduces their usage and the environment is marginally better and gas prices are marginally higher I'm pretty much on board. I would call that a win for both sides and the public. The next time you drive on a parkway in the metro area and you can actually see down the highway thank the environmentalists.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 04-28-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2511401]yup those environmentalists are evil.....I mean, all they want to do is keep a planet healthy so the people living on won't become extinct.

Call me when this arguement gets passed the fingerpointing....[/QUOTE]

lol.

The thread starter is what you would call a "mouth foamer".

My favorite part of his "stream of hate-filled consciousness":

[QUOTE]Liberal environmentalists prevent us from drilling and exploring our own sources of oil. America can't -- but it's mexico, cuba and china can drill and pollute until their hearts content [/QUOTE]

Waaaaah! Waaaaah! They can pollute! Why can't we? It was great when the Cayuga River caught fire and it's awesome to step on hypodermic needles, six pack rings and broken bottles at the beach!

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2511450]lol.

The thread starter is what you would call a "mouth foamer".

My favorite part of his "stream of hate-filled consciousness":

Waaaaah! Waaaaah! They can pollute! Why can't we? It was great when the Cayuga River caught fire and it's awesome to step on hypodermic needles, six pack rings and broken bottles at the beach![/QUOTE]

Those poor gas and oil companies. They are just misunderstood much like the poor tabacco companies:zzz::zzz::zzz:

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2511409]If everyone buys smaller cars and reduces their usage and the environment is marginally better and gas prices are marginally higher I'm pretty much on board. I would call that a win for both sides and the public. The next time you drive on a parkway in the metro area and you can actually see down the highway thank the environmentalists.[/QUOTE]

+1.

All Pro
    Gas prices: Blame it on [B]Supply and Demand[/B].

To blame raising prices on a subset of American people is idiotic and shows a lack of understanding in the basic principles of economics.

Undrafted Free Agent
    You can't tell me GWB and his friends are not getting rich off of this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Contango.

Oil speculators are worthless scum. Kill them all now. Fill the streets with the blood of the jerks who make me pay to fill up my Ford Mastadon.

;)

All Pro
    Environmentalists, with the help of their liberal cronies in government, have successfully prevented America from using our own natural resources instead of buying them from places like the ME. And keep attention diverted using "big oil" as the scapegoat (to the weak minded, that is).

That's the bottom line none of you libs can refute.

Every drop of American blood spilled in the ME is the result of liberal energy policies and dates all the way back to that grand-poobah of liberalism, FDR.

If you don't believe me, FDR's own correspodance to England: "[I]We share the oil of Iraq and Kuwait. As for Saudi Arabian oil, it is ours.[/I]"
    Last edited by Spirit of Weeb; 04-28-2008 at 05:37 PM.

These global alarmists are the same kooks who were pushing The Coming Ice Age in the 70's. Check out Time Magazine! Enough Said!

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb;2512875]Environmentalists, with the help of their liberal cronies in government, have successfully prevented America from using our own natural resources instead of buying them from places like the ME. And keep attention diverted using "big oil" as the scapegoat (to the weak minded, that is).

Every drop of American blood spilled in the ME is the result of liberal energy policies and dates all the way back to that grand-poobah of liberalism, FDR.

If you don't believe me, FDR's own correspodance to England: "[I]We share the oil of Iraq and Kuwait. As for Saudi Arabian oil, it is ours.[/I]"[/QUOTE]

that's awesome..where di you get this spin..

you guys hear that...the war in Iraq is the fault of the liberals and environmentalists....

I mean,...that is just priceless....

We cant drill for oil here we have to get it somewhere? Right! Who is stopping us from drilling? I hope you have guessed it by now!

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb;2512875]Environmentalists, with the help of their liberal cronies in government, have successfully prevented America from using our own natural resources instead of buying them from places like the ME. And keep attention diverted using "big oil" as the scapegoat (to the weak minded, that is).

If you don't believe me, FDR's own correspodance to England: "[I]We share the oil of Iraq and Kuwait. As for Saudi Arabian oil, it is ours.[/I]"[/QUOTE]

this is the most retarded, MCarthyist self-rationalization i've ever suffered through.

you clearly have not the slightest clue what drives gas prices.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2514788]We cant drill for oil here we have to get it somewhere? Right! Who is stopping us from drilling? I hope you have guessed it by now![/QUOTE]

Get your facts straight, Frozenengitis

[url]http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/04/06/130522.php[/url]

[QUOTE]Last year the nation [B]exported [/B]268 million barrels of oil. Shockingly, according to Dept. of Energy figures, that's about equal to the amount of oil we imported from Iraq in 2001, the year before our latest war with that country began. [B]It's also about equal to the most optimistic guesses about production volume from ANWR, if drilling is allowed there[/B][/QUOTE]
    Si I suppose it's the lousy environmentalists that run the oil companies that export half of our domestic oil, right?

I mean, Jesus freaking Christ...you republicans are slowly becoming just as freaking nutty as those dastardly liberals you love to hate so much. Look at this retarded thread. Blame environmentalists?!? That Kool Aid you drinking must be some tasty sh*t...

Blaming environmentalists for our energy crisis is EXACTLY as retarded as blaming George Bush for Hurricane Katrina.

Pay attention, Folks....you are slowly witnessing the decline of the Republicans. They will become the Cindy Sheehan's, Air America and Kos Kiddies of the next 10 yrs.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 04-29-2008 at 07:27 AM.