Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Moises Alou will undergo an MRI to determine the cause of swelling in ankle

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Moises Alou will undergo an MRI to determine the cause of swelling in ankle

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3370500

NEW YORK -- Mets outfielder Moises Alou will undergo an MRI on Monday to try to determine the cause of swelling in his left ankle. On the 15-day disabled list after hernia surgery, Alou has been in extended spring training in Florida. But he will return to New York for the test after the ankle swelled up two straight days, general manager Omar Minaya said Sunday.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-28-2008 at 05:43 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really beginning to despise anyone on the Mets over 35.

Alou, El Duque, Delgado, even Pedro. I'm tired of having to rely on these players. Get some fresh blood in here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I'm really beginning to despise anyone on the Mets over 35.

Alou, El Duque, Delgado, even Pedro. I'm tired of having to rely on these players. Get some fresh blood in here.
    Hate to say I told you so.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...48&postcount=2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alou is what he is. A injury prone guy who rakes during the 300 AB's you hopefully get out of him.
    Mets fans didn't need SR to tell us that. I'd be concerned about the Posada 4 yr contract as a Yankee fan instead of calling others a troll and then bumping I told you so threads.

Alou is a 1 year contract so can't complain too hard.
    Shame he never stayed healthy throughout his career as he would be border line HOF.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Alou is what he is. A injury prone guy who rakes during the 300 AB's you hopefully get out of him.
    Mets fans didn't need SR to tell us that. I'd be concerned about the Posada 4 yr contract as a Yankee fan instead of calling others a troll and then bumping I told you so threads.

Alou is a 1 year contract so can't complain too hard.
    Shame he never stayed healthy throughout his career as he would be border line HOF.
    It deserved a bump, I got a lot of heat for it. You guys like bumping threads to put down Yankee fans like GJ&H, and now you are going to ***** when I do it?

and Posada has never been on the DL in his life, can't compare the two. Injuries are a part of baseball, but it was all but guaranteed Alou was going to miss a good chunk of the season before ST started.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    It deserved a bump, I got a lot of heat for it. You guys like bumping threads to put down Yankee fans like GJ&H, and now you are going to ***** when I do it?
    It takes an extreme level of immaturity to do it, and thats the same for Mets fans or Yankees fans.

Hate to say I told you so.
    I don't think they were relying on them for anything more then they did last year.....which is Delgado hitting about .250 with 25 HR and Alou getting about 300 AB of high production. It's just a pain in the ass rooting for these players because Delgado is being paid for much more then that and Alou is never healthy.

The Mets Offense is struggling because Reyes and Beltran are not their normal selves, not because of Alou being out or Delgado not being productive. If Reyes/Beltran do their part, we're in the Top Half of the NL in Offense (We're 11 runs away from being 3rd in the NL as it is, and every team above us has at least 1 game in hand, and up to 3 games in hand).