Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who likes our standard

Who likes our standard

Of living? If you do you had better stand up to global warming crowd because if they get their way we will be living in caves. Cut heat, electricity, driving your car oh dont forget your carbon credits. This is not about Global Warming it is about redrisbutation(sp) of our wealth. Mean while gas prices, food, home heating fuel, electricity are going thru the roof!

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2513250]Of living? If you do you had better stand up to global warming crowd because if they get their way we will be living in caves. Cut heat, electricity, driving your car oh dont forget your carbon credits. This is not about Global Warming it is about redrisbutation(sp) of our wealth. Mean while gas prices, food, home heating fuel, electricity are going thru the roof![/QUOTE]

what the hell are you talking about?

I am glad to see you chose posting while drunk and not driving.

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2513250]Of living? If you do you had better stand up to global warming crowd because if they get their way we will be living in caves. Cut heat, electricity, driving your car oh dont forget your carbon credits. This is not about Global Warming it is about redrisbutation(sp) of our wealth. Mean while gas prices, food, home heating fuel, electricity are going thru the roof![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2514188]I am glad to see you chose posting while drunk and not driving.[/QUOTE]

Actually I am sober and working you ought to try it sometime! If you cant figure out what I am saying. This it if the global warming idiots get their way electricity and heating bills will be so high most people will be able to afford to heat or light their house! Simple isn't it?

Simplistic. Yes.

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2514761]Actually I am sober and working you ought to try it sometime! If you cant figure out what I am saying. This it if the global warming idiots get their way electricity and heating bills will be so high most people will be able to afford to heat or light their house! Simple isn't it?[/QUOTE]

If the island of Manhattan is under 6 feet of water, what will be the standard of living there?

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2513250]Of living? If you do you had better stand up to global warming crowd because if they get their way we will be living in caves. Cut heat, electricity, driving your car oh dont forget your carbon credits. This is not about Global Warming it is about redrisbutation(sp) of our wealth. [B]Mean while gas prices, food, home heating fuel, electricity are going thru the roof![/QUOTE][/B]

this is what happens when you allow big corporations to run wild without any real constraints thanks to an enabling administration.

Banned
    So let me get this straight... doing a little extra, maybe switching your light bulbs to energy savers, recycling, maybe trying to slightly lower your carbon footprint means we'll be living in a cave in no time.

Glad we got that straight... I'm going to go dump some oil in the ocean now.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2515364][/B]

this is what happens when you allow big corporations to run wild without any real constraints thanks to an enabling administration.[/QUOTE]

Subvert the dominant paradigm, comrade!

[QUOTE=bitonti;2515126]If the island of Manhattan is under 6 feet of water, what will be the standard of living there?[/QUOTE]

What self respecting capitalist lives in an apartment on the first floor.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=EY;2515450]So let me get this straight... doing a little extra, maybe switching your light bulbs to energy savers, recycling, maybe trying to slightly lower your carbon footprint means we'll be living in a cave in no time.

Glad we got that straight... I'm going to go dump some oil in the ocean now.[/QUOTE]

make sure you wear a jacket....it's suppose to be in the 30's tonight, the last day of April....:D

[QUOTE=jets5ever;2515466]Subvert the dominant paradigm, comrade![/QUOTE]

hahaha, that makes me crack up every time you post that

Not to stir up anything, but from the time I was born to now I have changed the way I:

Use the phone
    Watch TV
    Produce Documents
    Listen to Music -- twice
    send most mail
    shop
    play games (several times)
    figure out where the hell I am when I travel
    deal with near-sightedness

Why should I still be lighting my house and powering my car in exactly the same way that my Grandfather did?

Its amazing how willing we are to accept some changes but how we freak out about others. Relax! Your future SUV may be constructed of lighter, recycleable components and it'll probably be powered by a plug-in hybrid but it will be just as large and make your poor neighbor feel just as bad about himself as your current one.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

more proof of what happens when you let corporations run wild....

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;2518103]Not to stir up anything, but from the time I was born to now I have changed the way I:

Use the phone
    Watch TV
    Produce Documents
    Listen to Music -- twice
    send most mail
    shop
    play games (several times)
    figure out where the hell I am when I travel
    deal with near-sightedness

[/QUOTE]

once you get comfortable with something they pull the rug from underneath you and you are required to make new purchases just to keep up...

what's next? the Jets changing jersey's again???? damn, evil NFL....:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2518114]

what's next? the Jets changing jersey's again???? damn, evil NFL....:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

We finally agree -- all those new Jersey's hare a huge solid waste problem and ugly too. I want Green and White with two rings around the sleeves...

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2514761]Actually I am sober and working you ought to try it sometime! If you cant figure out what I am saying. This it if the global warming idiots get their way electricity and heating bills will be so high most people will be able to afford to heat or light their house! Simple isn't it?[/QUOTE]

You've got it backwards..

Keep living like a glutton while India and China want a part of the glutton lifestyle, and you'll see how quickly we run out of resources to support 2.5 billion gluttons...

What about the idea floated around in California that thermostats should have a restricted maximum setting? That same idea has been floated about here in Vermont.

MnJet's thread isn't that ridiculous.

It's all about checks and balances. Yes, we should be more efficient using our energy, but we should take care not to go overboard.

All Pro

yup, you guessed it...mind you, there won't be people on the planet if we keep this "standard of living up," but live with the delusion if it helps you sleep at night.

[QUOTE=cr726;2514188]I am glad to see you chose posting while drunk and not driving.[/QUOTE]no, he is absolutely right.global warming is a scam.this is about the war against capitalism,consumption,growth(greed).

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2515364][/B]

this is what happens when you allow big corporations to run wild without any real constraints thanks to an enabling administration.[/QUOTE]hey hugo,big corporations employ me and i am very grateful.