Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69

Thread: Mo Rivera is better than ever...

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mo Rivera is better than ever...

    We have been spoiled with this guy. No athlete does their job as well as this guy does his. Period. The #42 deserves to be retired throughout baseball... again.

    Sterling said it on the radio tonight and I agree with him, you don't hear about Mo until he messes up. Talk about unfair.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,959
    Post Thanks / Like
    QFT. He has been unreal thus far, simply dominant.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's off to a great start this year. It seems like he's going to be here forever.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    He's off to a great start this year. It seems like he's going to be here forever.
    3 more years.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    3 more years.
    Yea I can see that. Sweet sig pic BTW.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    3 more years.
    At least... The great thing about Mo is even when he loses velocity, he still will have his great command and still should be able to cut that fastball. He won't be as good, but if he can stay healthy and not walk batters, he should be a very good closer for a good amount of time longer.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    When was the last time he had a start like this?

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    When was the last time he had a start like this?
    I can't find any April stats but he's always had some trouble in April. This article says that his April ERA is 1.30 higher than his career ERA.

    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...starters_N.htm

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    not to hijack but Wagner has been great too, he started off the year with 9 perfect innings and he finally allowed a single the other night in his 10th inning of work. In the off season he worked on his delivery and was supposedly adding a pitch, good to see it paying off early.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    So your saying Rivera has had the same effect on the game of baseball as Jackie Robinson?

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    When was the last time he had a start like this?
    '96

    I think Torre always babied him too much in spring training, so when he started the year he was 2 weeks behind. By late APRIL/ early May he'd be on his game.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    So your saying Rivera has had the same effect on the game of baseball as Jackie Robinson?
    Oh stfu. I'm talking about actual production on the field.

    Rivera is the best closer to play the game. Jackie Robinson is not the best 2B to play the game. He couldn't hold Rod Carew's jock. If you want to talk about what Jackie Robinson did for the game of baseball, start a thread about, I'm personally sick of hearing about it.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    We have been spoiled with this guy. No athlete does their job as well as this guy does his. Period. The #42 deserves to be retired throughout baseball... again.

    Sterling said it on the radio tonight and I agree with him, you don't hear about Mo until he messes up. Talk about unfair.
    He is the best but throughout baseball is a little much. You are our version of Sterling.....or is it Suzy Waldman?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    He is the best but throughout baseball is a little much. You are our version of Sterling.....or is it Suzy Waldman?
    That part was sarcasm...

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Oh stfu. I'm talking about actual production on the field.

    Rivera is the best closer to play the game. Jackie Robinson is not the best 2B to play the game. He couldn't hold Rod Carew's jock. If you want to talk about what Jackie Robinson did for the game of baseball, start a thread about, I'm personally sick of hearing about it.
    You whine like a little faggot. My god, calm the **** down. Everyone knows Rivera is the GOAT when it comes to relief pitching but that wasn't my point. You said they should retire the number 42 throughout baseball again which implies he has had the same effect on the entire sport that Robinson had which isn't true.

  16. #16
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    So your saying Rivera has had the same effect on the game of baseball as Jackie Robinson?
    Ok, TX

  17. #17
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    You whine like a little faggot. My god, calm the **** down. Everyone knows Rivera is the GOAT when it comes to relief pitching but that wasn't my point. You said they should retire the number 42 throughout baseball again which implies he has had the same effect on the entire sport that Robinson had which isn't true.
    Wow, that is NOT cool.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    You whine like a little faggot. My god, calm the **** down. Everyone knows Rivera is the GOAT when it comes to relief pitching but that wasn't my point. You said they should retire the number 42 throughout baseball again which implies he has had the same effect on the entire sport that Robinson had which isn't true.
    One of my best friends is gay, and he would whoop your ass from here to Shea Stadium. Would you like to know how it would feel to get your ass kicked by a homosexual?

    Anyways, the bolded part is the point of the thread, and the retiring the number part is sarcasm.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-29-2008 at 01:55 PM.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Wow, that is NOT cool.
    Holy shnikes, I am a bad person.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    One of my best friends is gay, and he would whoop your ass from here to Shea Stadium. How would it feel to get your ass kicked by a homosexual?

    Anyways, the bolded part is the point of the thread, and the retiring the number part is sarcasm.
    Wouldn't happen. And even if you have a friend who is gay that can fight you act like he's the first homosexual who can shoot the 5.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us