Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mo Rivera is better than ever...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Mo Rivera is better than ever...

We have been spoiled with this guy. No athlete does their job as well as this guy does his. Period. The #42 deserves to be retired throughout baseball... again.

Sterling said it on the radio tonight and I agree with him, you don't hear about Mo until he messes up. Talk about unfair.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    QFT. He has been unreal thus far, simply dominant.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's off to a great start this year. It seems like he's going to be here forever.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    He's off to a great start this year. It seems like he's going to be here forever.
    3 more years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    3 more years.
    Yea I can see that. Sweet sig pic BTW.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 more years.
    At least... The great thing about Mo is even when he loses velocity, he still will have his great command and still should be able to cut that fastball. He won't be as good, but if he can stay healthy and not walk batters, he should be a very good closer for a good amount of time longer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When was the last time he had a start like this?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    I can't find any April stats but he's always had some trouble in April. This article says that his April ERA is 1.30 higher than his career ERA.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...starters_N.htm

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    not to hijack but Wagner has been great too, he started off the year with 9 perfect innings and he finally allowed a single the other night in his 10th inning of work. In the off season he worked on his delivery and was supposedly adding a pitch, good to see it paying off early.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So your saying Rivera has had the same effect on the game of baseball as Jackie Robinson?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    '96

I think Torre always babied him too much in spring training, so when he started the year he was 2 weeks behind. By late APRIL/ early May he'd be on his game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    So your saying Rivera has had the same effect on the game of baseball as Jackie Robinson?
    Oh stfu. I'm talking about actual production on the field.

Rivera is the best closer to play the game. Jackie Robinson is not the best 2B to play the game. He couldn't hold Rod Carew's jock. If you want to talk about what Jackie Robinson did for the game of baseball, start a thread about, I'm personally sick of hearing about it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have been spoiled with this guy. No athlete does their job as well as this guy does his. Period. The #42 deserves to be retired throughout baseball... again.

Sterling said it on the radio tonight and I agree with him, you don't hear about Mo until he messes up. Talk about unfair.
    He is the best but throughout baseball is a little much. You are our version of Sterling.....or is it Suzy Waldman?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    He is the best but throughout baseball is a little much. You are our version of Sterling.....or is it Suzy Waldman?
    That part was sarcasm...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh stfu. I'm talking about actual production on the field.

Rivera is the best closer to play the game. Jackie Robinson is not the best 2B to play the game. He couldn't hold Rod Carew's jock. If you want to talk about what Jackie Robinson did for the game of baseball, start a thread about, I'm personally sick of hearing about it.
    You whine like a little faggot. My god, calm the **** down. Everyone knows Rivera is the GOAT when it comes to relief pitching but that wasn't my point. You said they should retire the number 42 throughout baseball again which implies he has had the same effect on the entire sport that Robinson had which isn't true.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, TX

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    You whine like a little faggot. My god, calm the **** down. Everyone knows Rivera is the GOAT when it comes to relief pitching but that wasn't my point. You said they should retire the number 42 throughout baseball again which implies he has had the same effect on the entire sport that Robinson had which isn't true.
    Wow, that is NOT cool.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my best friends is gay, and he would whoop your ass from here to Shea Stadium. Would you like to know how it would feel to get your ass kicked by a homosexual?

Anyways, the bolded part is the point of the thread, and the retiring the number part is sarcasm.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-29-2008 at 01:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Wow, that is NOT cool.
    Holy shnikes, I am a bad person.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my best friends is gay, and he would whoop your ass from here to Shea Stadium. How would it feel to get your ass kicked by a homosexual?

Anyways, the bolded part is the point of the thread, and the retiring the number part is sarcasm.
    Wouldn't happen. And even if you have a friend who is gay that can fight you act like he's the first homosexual who can shoot the 5.