Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rev. Wright

Rev. Wright

I have changed my opinion oh the Reverend. Why so you might ask. I was listening to his speech at the press club and he came across as person who cares greatly about this country and people of all colors. I apoligize to him but my opinion of Mr. Obama has not changed!

All Pro
    Did they change the date of April Fool's Day? Between this and the Bigragu's "apology" I'm not sure which is more ridiculous. Maybe I'll create a poll.... ;)

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2514831]I have changed my opinion oh the Reverend. Why so you might ask. I was listening to his speech at the press club and he came across as person who cares greatly about this country and people of all colors. I apoligize to him but my opinion of Mr. Obama has not changed![/QUOTE]

Yeah he was taken out of context.

When he said God damn America what he really meant was God damn America.

When he said the US Govt. created aids to kill black people, what he really meant was the US Govt. created aids to kill black people.

When he called the US the USKKKof A, what he really meant was the USKKKofA.

All taken out of context by whitey in an attempt to attack the black church.

Yeah, I forgive this assh*le. He's a stand up guy....

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2515270]
    Yeah, I forgive this assh*le. He's a stand up guy....[/QUOTE]

hey Dean-o how many years were you in the US Marines?

[QUOTE=bitonti;2515324]hey Dean-o how many years were you in the US Marines?[/QUOTE]

Zero. But what have the Marines got to do with anything?

Are you saying Marines are all stand up guys? Lee Harvey Oswald says differently.

Wright is a loser but at least he served his country in the military..unlike anyone is the chicken hawk Bush admin.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2515333]Zero. But what have the Marines got to do with anything?
    [/QUOTE]

If he was a Marine chances are he loves America more than you.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2515333]Zero. But what have the Marines got to do with anything?

Are you saying Marines are all stand up guys? Lee Harvey Oswald says differently.[/QUOTE]

Who knows what Oswald says. Our government made sure he wouldn't say a word......

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2515356]Who knows what Oswald says. Our government made sure he wouldn't say a word......[/QUOTE]

So Jack Ruby killed Oswald on behalf of the US Govt?

You belong in the same padded cell with that conspiracy nut that frequents this board.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2515416]So Jack Ruby killed Oswald on behalf of the US Govt?

You belong in the same padded cell with that conspiracy nut that frequents this board.[/QUOTE]

Ruby was a low level mafia tool, a nobody paid to do a job.

If you think that the murders of a sitting president, a presidential candidate who was his brother, and a powerful preacher who was despised by J. Edgar Hoover- all in the span of six years-was coincidence....well you should work for the cable news networks :zzz::zzz:

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2515430]Ruby was a low level mafia tool, a nobody paid to do a job.

If you think that the murders of a sitting president, a presidential candidate who was his brother, and a powerful preacher who was despised by J. Edgar Hoover- all in the span of six years-was coincidence....well you should work for the cable news networks :zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.lattimore.id.au/images/tinfoil-computer-2.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2515349]If he was a Marine chances are he loves America more than you.[/QUOTE]

This is easily the most awesomest post I've ever read. Really. And it explains a multitude of sins...

I thought he was very charasmatic...I would love to sit in a room and hear this guy talk....I may not agree with everything he says, but I know I wouldn't be bored...

If more Priests were this firey and interesting I might even be a church-goer;)

[QUOTE=piney;2515656]I thought he was very charasmatic...I would love to sit in a room and hear this guy talk....I may not agree with everything he says, but I know I wouldn't be bored...

If more Priests were this firey and interesting I might even be a church-goer;)[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the point. The "black church", as Rev. Wright calls it, is simply different from churches that most whites are familiar with. It is lively and organized around the "liberation" of the community for obvious historical reasons.

Obama just severed all ties with Wright in a speech today. He reiterated that his comments were "divisive" and does not reflect the true feelings of a black Church. Obama especially disagreed with what Wright had to say yesterday.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2515349]If he was a Marine chances are he loves America more than you.[/QUOTE]

First I chuckled...

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2515356]Who knows what Oswald says. Our government made sure he wouldn't say a word......[/QUOTE]

Then I guffawed.

You guys are hilarious.

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2514831]I have changed my opinion oh the Reverend. Why so you might ask. I was listening to his speech at the press club and he came across as person who cares greatly about this country and people of all colors. I apoligize to him but my opinion of Mr. Obama has not changed![/QUOTE]he came across as a crazy person who talks in circles.he said nothing of any significance except i'm black and i'm an idiot.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2515356]Who knows what Oswald says. Our government made sure he wouldn't say a word......[/QUOTE]and you have this proof where? dr pretentious.

Dean, why do you hate America? huh?

It's really a shame. I thought his speech at the NAACP was great. It showed that there was more to him than the 30 second soundbyte that everyone has come to judge him by. The problem is, he used the public platform to continue talking, and quite frankly, has made some ascinine remarks. If he cares so much about the equality of minorities, then he needs to shut up now. The country has its first real chance to have an African American president, and he is single handedly ruining it for his own selfish pride. He does not represent the entire African American community, nor does he even represent all the African American churches. And he certainly does not represent Obama, which people will have a hard time grasping. He has stepped out of line, and he needs to stop.