Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rev. Wright

did you find a job yet?

[QUOTE=pauliec;2515719]First I chuckled...

Then I guffawed.

You guys are hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Wow and you are a zero. You have made zero sacrifice for your country and yet you have the balls to bad mouth others who have. You are a puppet for the stupid.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2515333]Zero. But what have the Marines got to do with anything?

Are you saying Marines are all stand up guys? Lee Harvey Oswald says differently.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2516148]I explained what I felt, and even conceded that it was anachronistic and generally unfair AND that I wouldn't use it (except for Rice and Thomas). No matter how many times you say it, I am not a racist and am quite comfortable with both my opinions on race and the way I've dealt with actual humans of different races. I doubt you can [I]honestly [/I] say the same.

The Daily Show doesn't matter, but if the term "Uncle Tom" was positive proof of racist feelings, it would not be used on a profitable TV show.

And, again, I'll point out that you don't go into these outrages about the "White Pride" and anti-semetic remarks on this site because you don't care about those. You care about making it appear that liberals are the real racists because, blah, blah, blah.

As to questioning my intellectual honesty or courage -- I take that as a joke coming from any cowardly keyboardist on this site. The second I see an instant of self-reflection on your part (as I've seen from other posters like Warfish, MnJetFan and even DPF occasionaly) I'll consider taking it seriously.

If you were as confident in your positions as you'd like others to believe you would keep your comments substantive and above the belt.[/QUOTE]

You did explain how you feel and how you feel is racist. You used it, then explained how you "wouldn't" use it. Neat trick, that. Your attitudes towards Condi and Thomas are racist. Of this, there is no serious question. I have routinely called out conservatives on this board for ridiculous things, like calling Obama "Hussein" or "Obooma" and the like. Again, I am not outraged by your racism or use of the phrase "Uncle Tom" as I don't get outraged very often and was not outraged by that. I am merely calling you what you quite clearly are; a racist. It is not outrage, merely observation. It is doubly laughable that you'd contend that I don't care about anti-Semitism, as I am one of the jewish people's staunchest supporters on this site, perhaps as much if not moreso than many of our jewish friends that post here.

I self-reflect all the time and it is quite clear when I am responding to a post and a poster that I respect and when I am responding to a post and poster that I do not repsect. It doesn't take much to earn my respect - just don't say moronic things and be honest about what your statements actually mean. No offense, but the majority of your posts are not intelligent enough to warrant any self-relfection; you're simply not that bright. I don't need to self-reflect about whether 2+2 = 4, nor do I need to self-reflect about whether anyone who says every black Republican is an Uncle Tom holds racist, condescending views towards black people. Shredding guys like you and IJF bores me and takes zero time and effort. It's almost not even worth it. It's one thing to be consistently demolished on ths site, it's quite another to not even realize that it's happening. IJF actually thought he wasn't embarassed on the Media thread and you bizarrely contend that you don't hold racist views towards blacks. As I have said before, if you guys didn't exist I'd have to invent you. I am in a different class than you guys are. I was simply lucky enough to be born with more intelligence than you guys were and it's just a random lottery, so I feel badly constantly reminding you guys of your inferiority. It's almost not even fair, to be honest. It's like college kids playing hoops against a bunch of fifth-graders. The fifth-graders naturally get frustrated when they lose but c'mon, no one expects them to be able to hang with the college kids, as its just not realistic. (That's what we adults call an analogy...try [url]www.dictionary.com[/url]) To be totally honest, I am starting to feel guilty embarassing you guys so much. Here you go - you can have the last word. I won't respond to you for a week. I am starting to feel really guilty. Even though this is an anonymous site, you guys are human beings with feelings and I should be more Christian about things. I seriously don't even mean to be a jerk with this...it really isn't fair...rock on....
    Last edited by jets5ever; 04-29-2008 at 09:14 PM.

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;2516148]I explained what I felt, and even conceded that it was anachronistic and generally unfair AND that I wouldn't use it (except for Rice and Thomas). No matter how many times you say it, I am not a racist and am quite comfortable with both my opinions on race and the way I've dealt with actual humans of different races. I doubt you can [I]honestly [/I] say the same.

The Daily Show doesn't matter, but if the term "Uncle Tom" was positive proof of racist feelings, it would not be used on a profitable TV show.

And, again, I'll point out that you don't go into these outrages about the "White Pride" and anti-semetic remarks on this site because you don't care about those. You care about making it appear that liberals are the real racists because, blah, blah, blah.

As to questioning my intellectual honesty or courage -- I take that as a joke coming from any cowardly keyboardist on this site. The second I see an instant of self-reflection on your part (as I've seen from other posters like Warfish, MnJetFan and even DPF occasionaly) I'll consider taking it seriously.

If you were as confident in your positions as you'd like others to believe you would keep your comments substantive and above the belt.[/QUOTE]

Fush, trust me from experience, there is no point with him. Wait till you read the drivel from this tool's latest post. It is so pathetic that I actually feel sorry for him. Read this drivel from him; "[I]I am in a different class than you guys are. I was simply lucky enough to be born with more intelligence than you guys were and it's just a random lottery, so I feel badly constantly reminding you guys of your inferiority. It's almost not even fair, to be honest"[/I]

Its clear that his key board routine of being an arrogant blowhard is a cover up. Because if he was as smart as he believes to be then he would not have posted in the manner above. No one with a modicum of real self confidence talks like that. The smartest thing he said in his entire rant was that he was going to be quiet for a week or so. No doubt following an historical figure that said; “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 04-29-2008 at 09:25 PM.

[QUOTE=cr726;2516378]Wow and you are a zero. [/QUOTE]

Zero? Ha, I haven't heard that since 3rd grade.

Thanks for the laugh skippy.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2516376]did you find a job yet?[/QUOTE]

And you wonder why people think you are a jerk. Your first contribution to the thread is an insult out of nowhere that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    I don't want to bump the media thread but I didn't see the ownage, maybe because I agree'd partially with ijf...

Seemed to me that he was saying this type of behavior (media consolidation) is dangerous to democracy, whereas you guys were responding as if the specific event (RM purchasing Newsweek) was an immediate threat.

Similiar to many arguements between the theoretical and the practical, there was some truth on both sides and it's a shame that not even the slightest common ground was found..

I'm sure, that if RM bought up traditional news media sources that represented 95% of viewership, that most could see the problem with that. IJF just seems to like the ring the warning bells early, whether the threat is real or not.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sadly that is what they are thinking
    Of is that despite Obama trying to distance himself
    From him, really Obama has been portrayed in a bad light
    And losing momentum due to something like this.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Passepartout;2516539]Sadly that is what they are thinking
    Of is that despite Obama trying to distance himself
    From him, really Obama has been portrayed in a bad light
    And losing momentum due to something like this.[/QUOTE]

obama has been portrayed in a bad light??? or he's portraying himself in a bad light???

what exactly did the rev say this time around that made obama finally sever ties with him whoch was so different from his Christmas Day sermon when obama said he "could no more disown rev wright then I could my white grandmother"??? (or whatever his exact words were)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=CTM;2516512].[/QUOTE]

that dude in your sig looks like me at a Jets game as the second quarter is starting....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=piney;2515947]I guess the whole "conservatives are racists...no Liberal Democrats are...."

is dopey

I also think to assume that the low expectation are of only black people is foolish. I mean, there are plenty of people out there who still think that Saddam was behind 9/11. Wright read some book concerning the whole AIDS thing, and ran with. He sort of quantified his statement by saying, "I believe it is possible." does it make him right about it? Of course not...just ignorant in this specific instance. Just that one statement illustrate who Wright is? I don't think it should....He is probably still a brilliant theological mind...I would assume...he just seems to be a guy with some poorly formed opinions...doesn't make him a bad guy...doesn't mean that liberals hope black people think this way because they want to keep the black man in the fold.

Blacks can be conservatives...one of my favorite conservatives is AMy Holmes..a black woman (I even think she was born out of the country). Fuku is a bit crazy with his uncle tom reference....but to think that the argument can be turned to make it look as though the real problem for black people is the democrats..is foolish and childish....in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Amy Homes gives me wood

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2516572]obama has been portrayed in a bad light??? or he's portraying himself in a bad light???

what exactly did the rev say this time around that made obama finally sever ties with him whoch was so different from his Christmas Day sermon when obama said he "could no more disown rev wright then I could my white grandmother"??? (or whatever his exact words were)[/QUOTE]

Very true...

Wright gave him an opening to distance himself by throwing Obama under the bus. Almost seems contrived...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jets5ever;2516368]How do you define anti-Americanism? Not saying Wright is or he isn't, just asking how you define it, assuming you believe it exists.

I said Wright is an ignorant fool, which he most certainly is, even, apparently, according to your hero.

I have never once stated nor implied that Obama is anti-American.

It was not one sentence and you know this. That is not even a serious argument. If a person seriously believes that the US government created AIDS to give to black people that person is a fool. End of story. Of course you would disagree with that....[/QUOTE]

every sane person knows that's a lie, they made it to kill fags

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2516575]that dude in your sig looks like me at a Jets game as the second quarter is starting....[/QUOTE]

That's CPF for you...

Asking if someone got a job is an insult? I like to joke with Pauliec, he has a pretty good sense of humor.

Thanks for the compliment, I could care less what you think of me. By the way your post has nothing to do with the thread either.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2516493]And you wonder why people think you are a jerk. Your first contribution to the thread is an insult out of nowhere that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CTM;2516589]Almost seems contrived...[/QUOTE]
    Almost? Ha. Wright knew full well how closely he would be covered. And Obama, all of a sudden, sounds like a decisive man in denouncing the can't-miss-outrageous statements. Someone high up in the Obama campaign thinks a mess was just cleaned up with a few timely soundbites...Hmm...

Was it only last month that the press was calling Obama's racial healing speech one of the greatest speeches ever delivered? Back when Wright was in the fold, back when this story was only a fraction of what it is today? Anyone still making that claim on a speech that had absolutely ZERO impact? Anyone, anywhere? Instead of uniting, Obama's now dividing.

Big swaths of America are not trusting of Obama right now - and can you blame them? He's on the threshold of the Presidency with as flimsy a record a realistic candidate can have. This is a strange story and I don't think it will pass the sniff test - at least not when so many are suspicious to begin with. It will probably seem like a success for a day or two when the story is spun to reporters. But I doubt it will turn anyone's opinion around, which means Obama will continued to be hammered over this.
    Last edited by sackdance; 04-29-2008 at 11:18 PM.

Obama can't win no matter what he says and when he did or did not say anything about Wright.
    The people on this board who are making the biggest deal of it were never going to vote for him let alone a Democrat. The problem with all of this it gives the Super delegates wiggle room. I can't wait for this to be over.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2516629]Almost? Ha. Wright knew full well how closely he would be covered. And Obama, all of a sudden, sounds like a decisive man in denouncing the can't-miss-outrageous statements. Someone high up in the Obama campaign thinks a mess was just cleaned up with a few timely soundbites...Hmm...

Was it only last month that the press was calling Obama's racial healing speech one of the greatest speeches ever delivered? Back when Wright was in the fold, back when this story was only a fraction of what it is today? Anyone still making that claim on a speech that had absolutely ZERO impact? Anyone, anywhere? Instead of uniting, Obama's dividing.

Big swaths of America are not trusting of Obama right now - and can you blame them? He's on the threshold of the Presidency with as flimsy a record a realistic candidate can have. This is a strange story and I don't think it will pass the sniff test - at least not when so many are suspicious to begin with.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2516644]Obama can't win no matter what he says and when he did or did not say anything about Wright.[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you here. Where we might disagree is whether this is fair treatment. I do. And I feel like smart Democrats should have vetted him out a little more before pinning hopes on him. [I]He's unelectable, yet almost inevitable[/I]. How the heck did that happen?

Obama is where he is because in 2004 the Dems annoited him at the DNC, mainly because he wasn't Hillary.
    This Primary is way too long and as Obama being vetted, I think in this day and age it is going to be impossible to find someone without some type of issue.

The general election is going to be ugly and sad.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2516685]I agree with you here. Where we might disagree is whether this is fair treatment. I do. And I feel like smart Democrats should have vetted him out a little more before pinning hopes on him. [I]He's unelectable, yet almost inevitable[/I]. How the heck did that happen?[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2516629]Almost? Ha. Wright knew full well how closely he would be covered. And Obama, all of a sudden, sounds like a decisive man in denouncing the can't-miss-outrageous statements. Someone high up in the Obama campaign thinks a mess was just cleaned up with a few timely soundbites...Hmm...

Was it only last month that the press was calling Obama's racial healing speech one of the greatest speeches ever delivered? Back when Wright was in the fold, back when this story was only a fraction of what it is today? Anyone still making that claim on a speech that had absolutely ZERO impact? Anyone, anywhere? Instead of uniting, Obama's now dividing.

Big swaths of America are not trusting of Obama right now - and can you blame them? He's on the threshold of the Presidency with as flimsy a record a realistic candidate can have. This is a strange story and I don't think it will pass the sniff test - at least not when so many are suspicious to begin with. It will probably seem like a success for a day or two when the story is spun to reporters. But I doubt it will turn anyone's opinion around, which means Obama will continued to be hammered over this.[/QUOTE]

Couple of things...

I agree with much of your post, namely about the trust issue and that this was probably contrived (I'm still waiting for it to come out that Clinton put Wright up to the press tour or for Wright to endorse Clinton).

Still, I've never found the whole Wright thing to be anything other then a fear mongering smear. If I was a dem, it'd be a non issue for me cause Obama clearly isn't Wright.