Thread: Not official, but word is Posada will NOT need surgery.. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!

Not official, but word is Posada will NOT need surgery.. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

Optimism for Posada

April 29

No official word yet on Jorge Posada. But word is that his shoulder will not need surgery, only a long period of rest and rehab. I would suspect the Yankees will send him to get another opinion or two. Might as well. But the early news is good.

How long will JoPo be out? Thatís the question. The guess is a month based on what Iím hearing. The Yankees probably should have put Posada on the disabled list earlier this month but he wanted to tough it out and keep playing.

If a veteran, respected player says he can keep playing, you have to respect that. Posada is a proud guy and a tough guy. The last thing he wanted was to go on the DL the first week into a new four-year contract.

You should see the look on his face when somebody brings up the idea of playing first base. You might as well ask him if he wants to wear a dress. Heís a catcher, period. Bill Dickey, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Jorge Posada - itís a lineage he takes it very seriously.

If itís a month, the Yankees can muddle though with Jose Molina and assorted backups. There are three days off in May and if they give him enough time off, Molina should survive.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-29-2008 at 03:23 PM.

This is very good news, I hope it's true. A month off is a hell of a lot better than Chad surgery.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good news, hopefully it's true. But "JoPo"? Really?

I don't ever want to see that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Good news, hopefully it's true. But "JoPo"? Really?

I don't ever want to see that again.
    Have you heard what some Yankee fans have been calling the 8th-9th inning for the Yankees?

MoJob... like we gave the Indians a MoJob last night, and Wang liked his MoJob on Sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm down with MoJobs

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Have you heard what some Yankee fans have been calling the 8th-9th inning for the Yankees?

MoJob... like we gave the Indians a MoJob last night, and Wang liked his MoJob on Sunday.
    That is hysterical

Nothing like sealing the deal with a nice MoJob.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post

I'm at a loss. I don't know whether that is extremely awesome or exceptionally stupid.

Somehow, it's both, I think.

Veteran
    I crossed my fingers and toes....but doesnt that cancel it out? Oh well.....