Thread: Alou will be back playing Friday

Alou will be back playing Friday

No fracture for Alou

Left fielder Moises Alou does not have a fractured ankle and is scheduled to be activated by the Mets on Friday. Alou is in the clubhouse today and speaking to reporters at the moment. Catcher Brian Schneider, however, is still in the hospital with that staph infection. More details (and the lineups) to come ...

Good news.

All Pro
    Poor Schneider, that sounds serious, I can't believe he is still in the hospital.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    Poor Schneider, that sounds serious, I can't believe he is still in the hospital.
    Staph infections can be really serious. Ironically, most of the times you get them while in the hospital. Hopefully he's out of there soon.

Wow some good news for a change, getting Alou back feels almost like a luxury.

Frankly, I'll believe it when I see it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What will the line-up look like with Alou in it. Do we stick him behind Church and bat Alou 6th?

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    What will the line-up look like with Alou in it. Do we stick him behind Church and bat Alou 6th?
    To me there's 2 lineup options

A) Reyes - S
    Church - L
    Wright - R
    Beltran - S
    Alou - R
    Delgado - L
    Castillo - S
    Schneider - L
    Pitcher

B) Reyes - S
    Castillo - S
    Wright - R
    Beltran - S
    Church - L
    Alou - R
    Delgado - L
    Schneider - L
    Pitcher

Either one works for me.

its gonna be B guaranteed.

willie likes Louie in the 2 spot, he also loses a lot of value anywhere but two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    its gonna be B guaranteed.

willie likes Louie in the 2 spot, he also loses a lot of value anywhere but two.
    Probably. I like Castillo 2nd as long as he's getting on base at a .360 or so clip. Church 2nd wasn't bad either though....but I think it comes down to Church having more value lower in the order then Castillo does. Church has been one of our best RBI guys. Batting him 5th puts him in alot more RBI spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post

A) Reyes - S
    Church - L
    Wright - R
    Beltran - S
    Alou - R
    Delgado - L
    Castillo - S
    Schneider - L
    Pitcher

B) Reyes - S
    Castillo - S
    Wright - R
    Beltran - S
    Church - L
    Alou - R
    Delgado - L
    Schneider - L
    Pitcher

Either one works for me.

and B it is......

A) Reyes - S
    Church - L
    Wright - R
    Beltran - S
    Alou - R
    Delgado - L
    Castillo - S
    Schneider - L
    Pitcher

B) Reyes - S
    Castillo - S
    Wright - R
    Beltran - S
    Church - L
    Alou - R
    Delgado - L
    Schneider - L
    Pitcher

Either one works for me.
    if castillo isnt batting 2nd he bats 8th IMO

clear the picthers spot and has the speed to be bunted over if he gets on with less than 2 outs with probably a better succes rate than the slower schnieder
    Last edited by AnthonySerp; 04-29-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    if castillo isnt batting 2nd he bats 8th IMO

clear the picthers spot and has the speed to be bunted over if he gets on with less than 2 outs with probably a better succes rate than the slower schnieder
    There's more benefit to be gained from Castillo breaking up the Lefties then there are for batting Castillo 8th to 'clear the pitchers spot' IMO. You're forgetting that Schneider isn't bad at OBP himself, right now he's at .391, although you expect him to drop closer to .330 or so by the time the years over, but that's only about 3% off from what Castillo normally does.

There's more benefit to be gained from Castillo breaking up the Lefties then there are for batting Castillo 8th to 'clear the pitchers spot' IMO. You're forgetting that Schneider isn't bad at OBP himself, right now he's at .391, although you expect him to drop closer to .330 or so by the time the years over, but that's only about 3% off from what Castillo normally does.
    You sure we can't convince Willie to bat Castillo 9th?

I only wish

Anyone notice how with the game on the line last night, one out runner on third, the Bucs walked Reyes to get to Castillo. I kind of got sick right there that our 2nd hole cant get a sac fly. Luckily he drew a walk and Wright got the job done...still pretty scary though...but we all better get used to it.