Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unabashed love for Obama (barf alert)

Unabashed love for Obama (barf alert)

[B]Challenge: find media coverage this fawning of a major Republican figure, ever, by any outlet. You have the whole internet to search...go! [/B]

[I]
    Heís confident and competitive. Superstitious and silly. Admits his mistakes. Shares credit. Always in control. Thatís Barack Obama on the basketball court, the hardwood hideaway that helped him adjust to a white world as a racially mixed teenager ó and now stands as a sweaty platform for his Democratic presidential campaign.

Hillary may have Bill. But Barackís got game.[/I]

More...[url]http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24373569/[/url]

Let me be clear...middle-aged smokers don't have game. Period.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sackdance;2516569][B]Challenge: find media coverage this fawning of a major Republican figure, ever, by any outlet. You have the whole internet to search...go! [/B]

[I]
    Heís confident and competitive. Superstitious and silly. Admits his mistakes. Shares credit. Always in control. Thatís Barack Obama on the basketball court, the hardwood hideaway that helped him adjust to a white world as a racially mixed teenager ó and now stands as a sweaty platform for his Democratic presidential campaign.

Hillary may have Bill. But Barackís got game.[/I]

More...[url]http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24373569/[/url]

Let me be clear...middle-aged smokers don't have game. Period.[/QUOTE]

was it basketball that helped barry become barack???

btw- maybe kanya west can make a rap song out of the above...

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    No offense, but this stuff is tiring...

The guys on the left complain about the love affair the press has with McCain. The Clintonites complain about the love affair with Obama and the Obamacins complain about the Obama media bias..

Personally, I find it hard to believe anyone is suggesting that the press is easy on Obama considering how every scandel is repeated ad nauseum on every station, over and over...

[QUOTE=CTM;2516720]No offense, but this stuff is tiring...

The guys on the left complain about the love affair the press has with McCain. The Clintonites complain about the love affair with Obama and the Obamacins complain about the Obama media bias..

Personally, I find it hard to believe anyone is suggesting that the press is easy on Obama considering how every scandel is repeated ad nauseum on every station, over and over...[/QUOTE]
    [I]ZERO.
    [/I]
    Not only did you fail to meet my challenge, but you go on to say how tough the candidate with game has it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=CTM;2516720]No offense, but this stuff is tiring...

Personally, I find it hard to believe anyone is suggesting that the press is easy on Obama considering how every scandel is repeated ad nauseum on every station, over and over...[/QUOTE]

love affair with McCain???

in a three week period after McCain had wrapped up the nomination the NYSlimes ran separate stories about a female intern they infered he had a relationship with which was bullsh!t, questioned McCain's legality as a presidential nominee because he was born on an American naval base in Panama then concocted some BS story about his health being in danger because of skin cancer removal almost a decade ago....

sh!t...next I expect them to wag their finger at him because he wears the same shoes three times a week....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2516906][I][B]ZERO[/B].
    [/I]
    Not only did you fail to meet my challenge, but you go on to say how tough the candidate with game has it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know I was being graded.

If it's a zero I get then ok.

The quality of the score reflects the quality of the question..
    Last edited by CTM; 04-30-2008 at 08:19 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2516909]love affair with McCain???

in a three week period after McCain had wrapped up the nomination the NYSlimes ran separate stories about a female intern they infered he had a relationship with which was bullsh!t, questioned McCain's legality as a presidential nominee because he was born on an American naval base in Panama then concocted some BS story about his health being in danger because of skin cancer removal almost a decade ago....

sh!t...next I expect them to wag their finger at him because he wears the same shoes three times a week....[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying I buy it, I'm just telling you what those on the left say...

From my persepctive, the media attacks the front runner the most, only cause it's in it's best interest to tighten and prolong the race

Obama actually can play ball. Saw him on Real Sports and he is still pretty quick and knows how to pass the ball.
    Go to any park and there are some very good players that smoke between games, how they can do this is beyond me.

[QUOTE=CTM;2516913]I didn't know I was being graded.

If it's a zero I get then ok.

The quality of the score reflects the quality of the question..[/QUOTE]
    Normal journalistic fare, eh?
    [I]
    Obama is extremely confident with his game, for good reason. He glides more than runs, high and soft on the balls of his feet and with graceful strides that put enough space between himself and his opponents to launch a solid jump shot[/I].

You can use the whole of the internet, keying on Fox/newsmax/GOP bios - and not find such blatant buttkissing. Time to loosen your kneepads, CTM, they might be cutting off the oxygen to your brain.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=CTM]Personally, I find it hard to believe anyone is suggesting that the press is easy on Obama considering how every scandel is repeated ad nauseum on every station, over and over... [/QUOTE]

Indeed...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2516952]Word, son! You got it! Us smokers are such wussies!

[IMG]http://mwcnews.net/images/stories/US-Forces/soldier-smoking.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

You said "wussies" - not me. You probably can't run 1/2 a mile either.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2516951]Normal journalistic fare, eh?
    [I]
    Obama is extremely confident with his game, for good reason. He glides more than runs, high and soft on the balls of his feet and with graceful strides that put enough space between himself and his opponents to launch a solid jump shot[/I].

You can use the whole of the internet, keying on Fox/newsmax/GOP bios - and not find such blatant buttkissing. Time to loosen your kneepads, CTM, they might be cutting off the oxygen to your brain.[/QUOTE]

What is your point? That a single writer wrote an overly positive piece on Obama? Wow.

Besides, if I did accept your challange and attempt to find such an example, why would I bring it you to be graded, the very person that believes it doesn't exist? You are biased from the get go.

[QUOTE=CTM;2516963]What is your point? That a single writer wrote an overly positive piece on Obama? Wow.[/QUOTE]
    Obama worship is not limited to a single writer. What happened to the stories of mass-faintings at Obama rallies? (For that matter, what happened to columns about sex dreams with Bill Clinton? Anyone remember that dreck?)

[QUOTE=CTM;2516963]Besides, if I did accept your challange and attempt to find such an example, why would I bring it you to be graded, the very person that believes it doesn't exist? You are biased from the get go.[/QUOTE]
    It stands to reason I'd be easily corrected, provided you can find a piece from any sizable media outlet that starkly worships a Republican.

sackdance what you don't seem to understand is that there hasn't been a Republican with Obama's charisma since Reagan. Arnold the Governator is the closest thing they have to that level of sheer personality.

If there were a Republican deserving of 'stark worship' as you put it - trust me the media would be right there to tell that tale.

The media doesn't have any obligation to balance it's coverage equally between the parties or candidates. All it's trying to do is entertain people. If you can't understand why McCain is less entertaining than Obama then you aren't being rational.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2517141]sackdance what you don't seem to understand is that there hasn't been a Republican with Obama's charisma since Reagan. Arnold the Governator is the closest thing they have to that level of sheer personality.

If there were a Republican deserving of 'stark worship' as you put it - trust me the media would be right there to tell that tale.

The media doesn't have any obligation to balance it's coverage equally between the parties or candidates. All it's trying to do is entertain people. If you can't understand why McCain is less entertaining than Obama then you aren't being rational.[/QUOTE]The only thing I find entertaining about Obama is his feigned condemnation toward the beliefs of his associates.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2517141]If there were a Republican deserving of 'stark worship' as you put it - trust me the media would be right there to tell that tale. [/quote]
    Okay. Then let's admit there hasn't been a Republican in the past 50 years deserving of stark worship. I'm good with that.

Now let's take Obama...and lump him in with half a century's worth of Republicans - not worthy of star treatment. At all.

unfortunately you or I don't make the decision who is worthy of star treatment. Reagan was worthy of it Clinton was worthy of it and now Obama is worthy of it. These are people that, for better or worse, love or hate, people who watch the news are interested in. They all have charisma. Kennedy was another such figure.

Maybe if Fox and CNN were around in colonial times Washington and Jefferson would be given similar treatment (while others like Adams wouldn't be considered exciting enough)

This is the nature of a true democracy - we get to choose our leaders and sometimes the leaders we choose are charismatic and exciting.

You might not like Obama, his platform, his statements, whatever, but the mere fact that you are looking at the media coverage for signs of bias is a big win for the networks and news agency. You are looking at them, that's a better result then you not looking at them.

I will repeat - these people in the media don't really care about platform, policies or who will make the best leader. they care about the best story. Obama is a story, you have to admit that much.

Obama is going to have alot of troubles come the actual Campaign. I can see the ads against him already:

[QUOTE=Paraphrase]"I can no more abandon Reverard Wright as I can the Black Community" - Obama

"God Damn America", "Aids is a White Govt. Conspiracy", etc - Wright

"The person I saw yesterday is not the person I met 20 years ago. I'm outraged" - Obama[/QUOTE]

I can just see having Obama's glowing love comments played, then Wrights soundbites, then Obama's repudiation (his "flip-flop" after 20 years, as I'm sure it will be described).

Legitimate, or not (I'll let you judge for yourself), this kind of ad WILL have an effect on the general popuation.

It will get even more interesting when the VP's are picked. No one really cared about the VP until the last 8 years and now it is a pretty big factor.
    Obama can claim a lot of things the GOP can't and vice versa. It will be ugly.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2517315]Obama is going to have alot of troubles come the actual Campaign. I can see the ads against him already:

I can just see having Obama's glowing love comments played, then Wrights soundbites, then Obama's repudiation (his "flip-flop" after 20 years, as I'm sure it will be described).

Legitimate, or not (I'll let you judge for yourself), this kind of ad WILL have an effect on the general popuation.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Warfish;2517315]Obama is going to have alot of troubles come the actual Campaign. I can see the ads against him already:

Legitimate, or not (I'll let you judge for yourself), this kind of ad WILL have an effect on the general popuation.[/QUOTE]

"WILL" is not the operative word here, more like "'IS' having an effect..." There's no quick fix to the Wright mess. Never was. That's the result of a close 20-year attachment to a controversial figure.