Thread: It gets worse... A-ROD placed on 15 day DL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

It gets worse... A-ROD placed on 15 day DL

We are ****ed!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, it's going to be tough with A-Rod and Posada out of the line-up for a few weeks. Add to that that our starting pitching is struggling right now. I hope we don't dig ourselves into a big hole like last year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Wow, it's going to be tough with A-Rod and Posada out of the line-up for a few weeks. Add to that that our starting pitching is struggling right now. I hope we don't dig ourselves into a big hole like last year.
    Some responsibility goes to the players, but Cashman and Girardi f*cked up. Both these guys were rushed back. Jeter wasn't... and he's fine. Why where these guys on different time tables?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Some responsibility goes to the players, but Cashman and Girardi f*cked up. Both these guys were rushed back. Jeter wasn't... and he's fine. Why where these guys on different time tables?
    I agree, it doesn't make much sense to me. It seems like we're getting a different story with Posada every day which all could have been avoided if they just shut him down when the injury initially happened. I understand he's a veteran and he didn't want to go on the DL, but they need to know that it's just going to make things worse if he continues to play. I'm still a Girardi fan, but I've questioned a lot of his moves so far.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, it doesn't make much sense to me. It seems like we're getting a different story with Posada every day which all could have been avoided if they just shut him down when the injury initially happened. I understand he's a veteran and he didn't want to go on the DL, but they need to know that it's just going to make things worse if he continues to play. I'm still a Girardi fan, but I've questioned a lot of his moves so far.
    I've questioned a lot more than I ever did with Torre.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    I've questioned a lot more than I ever did with Torre.
    So far I've like his management of the bullpen more than I ever did with Torre. He's done a good job distributing the large amount of innings that he's had to use them for. But, I am still scratching my head about the the game in KC that Kennedy was supposed to start.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My bad, didn't see this thread but damn. Cano is going to have to heat up with 2 big holes in the lineup.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    My bad, didn't see this thread but damn. Cano is going to have to heat up with 2 big holes in the lineup.
    Definitely Cano...but it wouldn't hurt if Giambi could hit a beachball with a tennis raquet too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got this breaking news email:

A-Rod to miss 3-4 weeks

Mark Feinsand, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez (quad) is expected to miss three to four weeks with a strained right quadriceps.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far I've like his management of the bullpen more than I ever did with Torre. He's done a good job distributing the large amount of innings that he's had to use them for. But, I am still scratching my head about the the game in KC that Kennedy was supposed to start.
    +1

If Torre was still here, Joba and Mo would be on the DL now too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    +1

If Torre was still here, Joba and Mo would be on the DL now too.
    On the bright side, Ohlendorf has been very good for us this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    On the bright side, Ohlendorf has been very good for us this year.
    I've been very pleased with him also, but if he has to keep pitching like this he's going to get burnt out.