Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    How fast would I have been banned if I retorted with "Your nostrils look like they just got f**ked by Johnny Wadd"? .

Schluberator & Gadfly
    WTF??!?!? Et tu Brutae?

And I liked this guy!?!?!

Wait a sec.........I need to reach around and pull the knife outta my back!

Very disheartening. I really liked our banter.

Oh well, time to move on.

Jetswin, normally I would PM this, but I think this particular situation warrants a public comment.

Ban him for life!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EY View Post
    Guys, I'm serious...

I am teh Jet's Babe.
    I'm gonna guess that if you are, most people here would rather you dump the lame EY guy and just be JetsBabe. I smell a poll coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    For the unemployed....

Hey... I do... stuff.

Yeah. That's right.

Banned

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Ban him for life!
    WOW. When Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky makes a statement like that...you know this is a mess!

Guys, I'm serious...

I am teh Jet's Babe.

Please forgive me so I can forgive myself.
    I don't know why but this cracked me up!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    WTF??!?!? Et tu Brutae?

And I liked this guy!?!?!

Wait a sec.........I need to reach around and pull the knife outta my back!

Very disheartening. I really liked our banter.

Oh well, time to move on.

Jetswin, normally I would PM this, but I think this particular situation warrants a public comment.

Ban him for life!

I'll put FF2's reply here as to is he coming back...

Sooth and his mods all make stuff up, Ches is a chicken ****, jetswin is a tool, jetsbabe's poor nostrils, did I mis anyone?...I think his dance card will remain open for a while

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I think poor Internetz skillz as well.

The whole 'how did you edit my post into "I love cock"' pushed him over the brink.

While we were refering to Bellichick as 'BB' being a scumbag, he thought we were talking about Big Brother (not the Jetsrule kind)
    LMAO, I think that's the funniest thing about this whole mess. Borgo thought JetsBabe was a mod in disguise because she could "edit" his posts, never fully grasping the idea behing the QUOTE function

teh internetz can be a dangerous place if you don't learn it's finer nuances...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Borgo is gone for a month, perhaps longer.

This kind of **** will not be tolerated.
    You're getting awful course in your old age jw.

I would have banned him too if I were in your shoes but I can remember the times of a lighter more understanding jw.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets View Post
    Porgy Tirebiter!
    He's a spy and a girl delighter,
    Orgie Firefighter!
    He's just a student like you.
    If you're looking for a Captain of the Ringball Team,
    You can bet he won't be there.
    You'll find him pa-popping off at Pop's Sodium Shoppe,
    Tr-trailing a red, with red hair.
    Doobie doo-wah...
    Porgy Tirebiter!
    Just a student like you!
    (like ME?)
    It was a dark night
    I came from out of the fog and into the smog
    On 4th and Drucker I turned left
    on Drucker and 4th I turned left
    I walked across the street and into a great sandstone building
    ...OOOFF!...Ow...

Climbing the 113 stairs to my office I could read the sign
    "EYE DRIHT, REGNAD KCIN"
    Bursting through the door I picked up the phone as it was ringing
    "Nick Danger, Third Eye!"
    (Ummm...I'd like a pepperoni pizza, with no anchovies)
    NO ANCHOVY? Sorry, but I spell my name "DANGER"!
    (whaaa?)

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm gonna guess that if you are, most people here would rather you dump the lame EY guy and just be JetsBabe. I smell a poll coming.
    Can JetsBabe spell "THE"?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I think I may have stumbled accross an explanation for borgo's behavior...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...6ERWwD90C5SHG0

Albert Hofmann, father of drug LSD, dies in Switzerland
    By FRANK JORDANS 2 hours ago

GENEVA (AP) Albert Hofmann, the father of the mind-altering drug LSD whose medical discovery inspired and arguably corrupted millions in the 1960s hippie generation, has died. He was 102.

Hofmann died Tuesday at his home in Burg im Leimental, said Doris Stuker, a municipal clerk in the village near Basel where Hofmann moved following his retirement in 1971.

For decades after LSD was banned in the late 1960s, Hofmann defended his invention.

"I produced the substance as a medicine. ... It's not my fault if people abused it," he once said.

The Swiss chemist discovered lysergic acid diethylamide-25 in 1938 while studying the medicinal uses of a fungus found on wheat and other grains at the Sandoz pharmaceuticals firm in Basel.

He became the first human guinea pig of the drug when a tiny amount of the substance seeped onto his finger during a laboratory experiment on April 16, 1943.

"I had to leave work for home because I was suddenly hit by a sudden feeling of unease and mild dizziness," he subsequently wrote in a memo to company bosses.

"Everything I saw was distorted as in a warped mirror," he said, describing his bicycle ride home. "I had the impression I was rooted to the spot. But my assistant told me we were actually going very fast."

Upon reaching home, Hofmann began experiencing what he called "wonderful visions."

Three days later, Hofmann experimented with a larger dose. The result was the world's first scientifically documented bad trip.

"The substance which I wanted to experiment with took over me. I was filled with an overwhelming fear that I would go crazy. I was transported to a different world, a different time," Hofmann wrote.

Hofmann and his scientific colleagues hoped that LSD would make an important contribution to psychiatric research. The drug exaggerated inner problems and conflicts and thus it was hoped that it might be used to recognize and treat mental illnesses like schizophrenia.

For a time, Sandoz sold LSD 25 under the name Delysid, encouraging doctors to try it themselves. It was one of the strongest drugs in medicine with just one gram enough to drug an estimated 10,000 to 20,000 people for 12 hours.

LSD was elevated to international fame in the late 1950s and 1960s thanks to Harvard professor Timothy Leary who embraced the drug under the slogan "turn on, tune in, drop out."

But away from the psychedelic trips, horror stories emerged about people going on murder sprees or jumping out of windows while hallucinating. Heavy users suffered permanent psychological damage.

The U.S. government banned LSD in 1966 and other countries followed suit.

Hofmann maintained this was unfair, arguing that the drug was not addictive. He repeatedly argued for the ban to be lifted to allow LSD to be used in medical research.

Last December, Swiss authorities decided to allow LSD for psychotherapy in exceptional cases.

"For me, this is a very big wish come true. I always wanted to see LSD get its proper place in medicine," he told Swiss TV at the time.

Hofmann himself took the drug purportedly on an occasional basis and out of scientific interest for several decades.

"LSD can help open your eyes," he once said. "But there are other ways meditation, dance, music, fasting."

Even so, the self described "father" of LSD readily agreed that the drug was dangerous if in the wrong hands. This was reflected by the title of his 1979 book: "LSD - my problem child."

In it he wrote that, "The history of LSD to date amply demonstrates the catastrophic consequences that can ensue when its profound effect is misjudged and the substance is mistaken for a pleasure drug."

Hofmann retired from Sandoz in 1971 and devoted his time to travel, writing and lectures.

"This is really a high point in my advanced age," Hofmann said at a ceremony in Basel honoring him on his 100th birthday. "You could say it is a consciousness-raising experience without LSD."

Funeral arrangements were not immediately available.

Associated Press writers Balz Bruppacher in Bern, Eliane Engeler in Geneva and Clare Nullis contributed to this report.

Laugh my face off. The sponsored link following this post was "Bad acid trip tones".. I love internet advertising. Been searching everywhere for Bad Acid Trip Ringtomes.

Banned

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I smell a poll coming.

Uh, hey Beavith, uh, FF2 smells a coming pole, heh heh, heh heh

Banned
    Wow. That was hurtful.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    that reminds me that when I was in elementary school....
    Anyone ever see a kid get a marble stuck in their nose, the more you try and get it out the further it goes in. Then panic sets in...its a riot.

Wow, Borgo > PMCRW

martyred for the cause, whatever the cause may be, or how stupid the cause is

All Pro

OOOOO SEXY!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Uh, hey Beavith, uh, FF2 smells a coming pole, heh heh, heh heh
    You guys are killing me!!