Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Another baby to add to the mix

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890

    Another baby to add to the mix

    29 hours of labor later, but we finally have ourselves a baby boy to go with our daughter.

    Lucas Haden Duncan....name like that, he should be Qb'ing for the Jets soon!

    And for all our science/religion debates:
    My wife went 25 of the 29 without the epidural (went the whole time last time {24 hours}, of which the doctors when they came in (we had a mid-wife) and the nurses made a comment about why she would go that long.

    Then when they asked the sex, we said the ultra-sound done by the radiologist stated 90 % sure it was a girl, but my wife's instinct told her boy, as did her dreams. Doctor's actual comment: "Well, I'd go with the science on that one."
    And what did we have: a boy....guess science isn't right all the time!

    Thought I would throw that in for amusement....

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    29 hours of labor later, but we finally have ourselves a baby boy to go with our daughter.

    Lucas Haden Duncan....name like that, he should be Qb'ing for the Jets soon!

    And for all our science/religion debates:
    My wife went 25 of the 29 without the epidural (went the whole time last time {24 hours}, of which the doctors when they came in (we had a mid-wife) and the nurses made a comment about why she would go that long.

    Then when they asked the sex, we said the ultra-sound done by the radiologist stated 90 % sure it was a girl, but my wife's instinct told her boy, as did her dreams. Doctor's actual comment: "Well, I'd go with the science on that one."
    And what did we have: a boy....guess science isn't right all the time!

    Thought I would throw that in for amusement....

    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Weird that you had medical doctors deliver the baby and not a pastor or realtive, though...what with science being so unreliable?

  3. #3
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Congrats, Steve, that's awesome! God bless your growing family.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    On some beach... somewhere...
    Posts
    3,726
    Congrats! Best wishes to the new (again) mommy and daddy.

    Remember to give a lot of EXTRA love to the big sister!

    - Tracey

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,923
    Congrats to you and mom and the new guy!

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    29 hours of labor later, but we finally have ourselves a baby boy to go with our daughter.

    Lucas Haden Duncan....name like that, he should be Qb'ing for the Jets soon!
    My deepest and more heartfelt congratulations Steve. I wish your new blessing only the best in his life.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534
    Congrats! The matched set is a wonderful thing to have.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    astoria
    Posts
    5,612
    congrats....god bless.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,165
    Congratulations! Every family needs at least one democrat and one republican

  10. #10
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    468
    Congrats!

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    congrats hoser...29 hours of labor??? did your wife beat the sh!t out of you the next day???

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Congratulations. How long did you have to wait in line to get into the hospital?

  13. #13
    Steve- Congratulations to you and your family.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    congrats hoser...29 hours of labor??? did your wife beat the sh!t out of you the next day???
    No, but she threatened to have the midwife perform a vasectomy right after she delivered...

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Congratulations. How long did you have to wait in line to get into the hospital?
    Hmmmm.....No lines at 1 in the morning. Just filled out a few papers and we were off to a birthing room complete with a bathroom with a jacuzzi tub to help the labor along.....

    And no bill at the end!

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    There are a lot of posters on here that can't believe what you posted below. Hannity wants you on the air Monday to call you a liar and to tell you that only the HIGH and OVERPRICED medical care in the U.S. is what you needed.

    Congrats again and I am very happy for you and your family.


    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Hmmmm.....No lines at 1 in the morning. Just filled out a few papers and we were off to a birthing room complete with a bathroom with a jacuzzi tub to help the labor along.....

    And no bill at the end!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us