Thread: Possible pitchers Yankees could target in a trade?

Possible pitchers Yankees could target in a trade?

It's looking like Hughes and/or Kennedy could be sent down to AAA soon if they continue pitching like this much longer. I'm sure Hank, Cashman, and the rest of management will be looking to bring in a middle to back of the rotation starter to fill the spot via trade. So, what guys do you see being realistic targets?

Lieber if available wouldn't be a bad target for this season as you have to figure the two kids will be straightened out by next year.

Oakland may also may be open to moving Blanton as once again they have another good young pitcher in this Smith kid.

Otherwise maybe Cashman can convince the owner as has been reported here, that the Yanks are on a long term plan.

Hughes & Kennedy to the twins for Santana

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Lieber if available wouldn't be a bad target for this season as you have to figure the two kids will be straightened out by next year.

Oakland may also may be open to moving Blanton as once again they have another good young pitcher in this Smith kid.

Otherwise maybe Cashman can convince the owner as has been reported here, that the Yanks are on a long term plan.
    I heard Beane's asking price was insane. It will probably go down but I don't want to give up to much for this guy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    It's looking like Hughes and/or Kennedy could be sent down to AAA soon if they continue pitching like this much longer. I'm sure Hank, Cashman, and the rest of management will be looking to bring in a middle to back of the rotation starter to fill the spot via trade. So, what guys do you see being realistic targets?
    Don't bother with anyone, who will be overpriced and mediocre. Lieber, Millwood and their ilk aren't going to pitch any better than a guy like Darrell Rasner will, if given the chance (which he now is with Hughes's "injury").

There really is no reason to trade anyone and take on salary for a league average to worse "innings eater." You have to hope Kennedy turns it around to allow Hughes more time, because lets be honest, if neither is quick to do so, this team ain't going anywhere anyways.

Besides, the Yankees need offense as much if not more than pitching right now. Their DL looks like a starting 9!

Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Don't bother with anyone, who will be overpriced and mediocre. Lieber, Millwood and their ilk aren't going to pitch any better than a guy like Darrell Rasner will, if given the chance (which he now is with Hughes's "injury").

There really is no reason to trade anyone and take on salary for a league average to worse "innings eater." You have to hope Kennedy turns it around to allow Hughes more time, because lets be honest, if neither is quick to do so, this team ain't going anywhere anyways.

Besides, the Yankees need offense as much if not more than pitching right now. Their DL looks like a starting 9!
    I agree with that, but I know that the upper management is going to be looking to make a deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agreed. Hold out for a little longer on the pitching. If you want to make a tradenow, go get me a legitimate 1st baseman.

Livan Hernandez would have been a good Insurance Policy.

The mistake was the Yanks relying on two rookies instead of just one.

Garcia's Agent is counting the $$$ going up up up as we speak.