Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: SI's Ballpark Rankings

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,537
    Post Thanks / Like

    SI's Ballpark Rankings

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...x.html?eref=T1

    Havent gotten a chance to read the article, but figured i'd pass it along.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boston fans with higher fan IQ than both new york teams? Phillies fans IQ ranked
    7?

    And i'm confused as to how the Red Sox are #1 in tradition. You may hate the Yankees, but when it comes to tradition, they are better than any other team... I mean there are many other ballparks that are much nicer and more modern, so i can't really blame the low ranking there, but how the hell do the Red Sox have more tradition than the Yankees?

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Boston fans with higher fan IQ than both new york teams? Phillies fans IQ ranked
    7?

    And i'm confused as to how the Red Sox are #1 in tradition. You may hate the Yankees, but when it comes to tradition, they are better than any other team... I mean there are many other ballparks that are much nicer and more modern, so i can't really blame the low ranking there, but how the hell do the Red Sox have more tradition than the Yankees?
    Because the Sawk wont tear down that god awful stadium.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a really, really stupid list. Yep, being one of 400 people at the game in Pittsburgh is one of the top 3 stadium experiences in baseball

    Promotions? Who gives a F about promotions? Whoopdeedoo, I got my Prince Fielder Watch for being one of the first 1,200 people in the stadium!

    And I second the post on "tradition". The Yankees far and away outsurpass every other team in the league. Monument Park alone is like Cooperstown Junior.

    Food. This might be the worst one of all. A lot of the food in these stadiums is IDENTICAL. Philadelphia is ranked 4, and Boston is ranked 24, yet they serve 90% of the same food because they both have contracts with the same vendor/caterer. Explain that one to me. The hot dogs, burgers, beer and pizza are the same. Are specialty items like the cheesesteaks really that much better than the clam chowder? I think not.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Boston fans with higher fan IQ than both new york teams? Phillies fans IQ ranked
    7?

    And i'm confused as to how the Red Sox are #1 in tradition. You may hate the Yankees, but when it comes to tradition, they are better than any other team... I mean there are many other ballparks that are much nicer and more modern, so i can't really blame the low ranking there, but how the hell do the Red Sox have more tradition than the Yankees?

    To be fair, Red Sox fans only have to have knowledge about years before 1919 and after 2003...they are convinced everything in between never really happened.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    2,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    This is a really, really stupid list. Yep, being one of 400 people at the game in Pittsburgh is one of the top 3 stadium experiences in baseball

    Promotions? Who gives a F about promotions? Whoopdeedoo, I got my Prince Fielder Watch for being one of the ONLY 1,200 people in the stadium!
    Fixed

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Because the Sawk wont tear down that god awful stadium.
    +1

    Tearing down Yankee Stadium is a disgrace IMO and I don't even like the team.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Yankees have the best tradition in all of sports, nevermind all of baseball. Very stupid rankings.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Food. This might be the worst one of all. A lot of the food in these stadiums is IDENTICAL. Philadelphia is ranked 4, and Boston is ranked 24, yet they serve 90% of the same food because they both have contracts with the same vendor/caterer. Explain that one to me. The hot dogs, burgers, beer and pizza are the same. Are specialty items like the cheesesteaks really that much better than the clam chowder? I think not.
    I have to disagree... have you been to any of the newer stadiums? The selection and quality of food and beer destroys what any of these older parks have to offer. If you want a hot dog and some crappy macrobrew, it won't make a difference, but these new parks have a vast selection which is part of the fan experience.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could care less about anything but the tradition thing. Yeah Fenway was standing longer, but come on.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Could care less about anything but the tradition thing. Yeah Fenway was standing longer, but come on.
    There are currently no plans to turn Fenway and all of its tradition into a pile of rubble either...

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHector View Post
    There are currently no plans to turn Fenway and all of its tradition into a pile of rubble either...
    I'm trying to figure out how that fits into this thread

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how that fits into this thread
    Um, because all of the tradition that goes along with the "House that Ruth Built" is going to be reduced to rubble to make way for a nice, shiny, new stadium?

    I still don't know why they made no attempt to do another renovation...

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHector View Post
    Um, because all of the tradition that goes along with the "House that Ruth Built" is going to be reduced to rubble to make way for a nice, shiny, new stadium?

    I still don't know why they made no attempt to do another renovation...
    Thats awesome and everything but still has nothing to do with the tradition of Yankee Stadium.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Thats awesome and everything but still has nothing to do with the tradition of Yankee Stadium.
    Exactly. This list is supposedly based on the current stadiums. Not what is going to happen to them 2 years from now.

    The current Yankee Stadium blows Fenway out of the water when it comes to outstanding tradition and history. The only history in Fenway is one of extended decades of losing, racism, and unruly fans with an unhealthy obsession with the superior team.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us