All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes, I had no idea what you were getting at then checked:

Top 2nd: Pittsburgh
    - X. Nady walked
    - A. LaRoche struck out looking
    - J. Bautista walked, X. Nady to second
    - C. Gomez walked, X. Nady to third, J. Bautista to second
    - T. Gorzelanny reached on fielder's choice, X. Nady scored, J. Bautista to third, C. Gomez to second on second baseman L. Castillo's fielding error
    - N. McLouth walked, J. Bautista scored, C. Gomez to third, T. Gorzelanny to second
    - F. Sanchez singled to center, C. Gomez scored, T. Gorzelanny to third, N. McLouth to second
    - J. Bay hit sacrifice fly to center, T. Gorzelanny scored
    - R. Doumit singled to left, N. McLouth scored, F. Sanchez to third, R. Doumit to second advancing on throw
    - N. Figueroa relieved O. Perez
    - X. Nady singled to right, R. Doumit and F. Sanchez scored
    - A. LaRoche walked, X. Nady to second
    - J. Bautista grounded out to second

7 runs, 3 hits, 1 errors
    Pittsburgh 7, NY Mets 0

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one appears to be over before it even started.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    HERE HERE, COME ONE COME ALL! ROUND THE BASES AT SHEA STADIUM BY WAY OF THE GREAT TWO HEADED MONSTER OLIVER PEREZ! WILL HE STRIKE YOU OUT OR WALK YOU ON 4 PITCHES? COME FIND OUT AT WILLIES BIG TOP!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to watch this game but I'm gonna go play some pickup instead. Just garbage.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all seriousness these meltdowns are almost always helped or started by errors. Castillo might have ended this at 2 runs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think Scott Boras wants to punch this guy in the face everytime he pitches like this?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Do you think Scott Boras wants to punch this guy in the face everytime he pitches like this?
    I think most people in a 30 mile radius want to punch him after games like these.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    I think most people in a 30 mile radius want to punch him after games like these.
    And we're just the fans.

It's unbelievable how much money he stands to lose after each stinker like this. A performance like this probably just cost him 1M a year off his next contract (which he gets this winter). Add in the fact that he's only close to successful with Peterson coaching him, the fact that he's very high maintenance, and the situation with Zito (another guy whose very high maintenance) and Ollie is going to have serious trouble finding suitors next year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    And we're just the fans.

It's unbelievable how much money he stands to lose after each stinker like this. A performance like this probably just cost him 1M a year off his next contract (which he gets this winter). Add in the fact that he's only close to successful with Peterson coaching him, the fact that he's very high maintenance, and the situation with Zito (another guy whose very high maintenance) and Ollie is going to have serious trouble finding suitors next year.

That's why the Mets FO treated him with a show me again attitude.
    When all is said and done he will win his 15 but Omar was smart in making him prove it before talking long term contract. Ollie is the type of pitcher you have to look at his numbers after 162 games. Going start to start will kill you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    That's why the Mets FO treated him with a show me again attitude.
    When all is said and done he will win his 15 but Omar was smart in making him prove it before talking long term contract. Ollie is the type of pitcher you have to look at his numbers after 162 games. Going start to start will kill you.
    Most accounts had the Mets tried to contract Perez regarding an extension and Boras turned them down. But that's not really the point I know.

But yeah, very bad outing by Perez today. The odd part is he'll probably throw 7 scoreless his next time out there. He's just that unpredictable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... Love his stuff, love his swagger but the inconsistency is just frightening.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Yep... Love his stuff, love his swagger but the inconsistency is just frightening.
    You just gotta live with it I guess. Peterson's still done a good job with him, getting a lot out of him. But I guess the wildness is never really going to go away.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He really gives you everything or nothing, very rarely are there in between games.

So far this year he either throws shutouts or implodes...but as long as their is more good than bad we will be fine.

Now out to the desert to kill some snakes.